The Jonas Brothers: Shocked and Blown Away!

The Jonas Brothers: Shocked and Blown Away!

The Jonas Brothers made a quick call into the On Air with Ryan Seacrest radio show on KIIS FM on Thursday morning.

The musical trio – Nick, Joe and Kevin – were just nominated for a Grammy for Best New Artist and wanted to express how grateful they are for the recognition.

Kevin said, “It’s incredible [to get the nomination]. We are just shocked and blown away. We honestly are. We can’t believe that we got this opportunity to be recognized among your peers is maybe one of the coolest things in the world. To be voted on by the Grammy association is incredible.”

Congrats again JoBros! Take a listen to the full interview @ KIISFM.com

Photos: Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty Images
Posted to: Joe Jonas, Jonas Brothers, Kevin Jonas, Nick Jonas

Pages: [1] 2 »
ash @ 1:36 am on 12/05/2008

i really doubt they will win. I dont even know why they were nominated. Its not that their bad but i dont think they are grammy worthy. The grammys have been declining in ratings pretty much every year and a Jobro nomination/performance will bring a huge jump in ratings.

Jessica @ 1:41 am on 12/05/2008

Good Luck Boys!
I just don’t want Adele or Duffy to win!

no thank you!

rii @ 1:44 am on 12/05/2008

^thats actually probably the case. its weird how they have 3 full studio albums and they are put up for best new artist. you cant even say its because they gained commercial success with their 3rd one, its the 2nd that got them big first. their best new artist spot should have totally gone to someone like leona lewis–talented and new. hell, if the jobros were nominated i rly dont see how miley cyrus wasnt. woulda basically been the same thing except hers might make more sense since her other albums were technically not “her” but “hannah montana.”

rii @ 1:46 am on 12/05/2008

@Jessica
for some reason im led to assume ur a big jobro fan who happens to know who adele and duffy are so you think those are the big competition for the award. i bet you dont even know the other nominees do you?

altho honestly, out all the nominees adele or duffy should win.

Noelani @ 2:06 am on 12/05/2008

haha that’s so funny to see nick taller than both kevin and joe.. poor joe looks so short now. i wish he was two inches taller. i mean if joe was six feet he’d be super hot. like i always try not to have crushes on celebs that are shorter than me but joe’s an acception.. so in other words he’s just hot instead of super hot :)

starryshirley @ 6:48 am on 12/05/2008

i totally disagree with “ash”! i think the jonas brothers deserve the nomination and to win!!!

Someone @ 9:30 am on 12/05/2008

Awww! They so deserve it!
For the one who said that they aren´t ¨NEW¨ you are a little wrong, I mean, they do have 3 albums, but the second one bring them to fame in the US, they became famous, here(in other countrys), recently, early in 2008. That´s why, they are new in the SUPER-HIPER famous people and artist (:
So they do deserve it (:
I love them so much (:

AMP101 @ 9:32 am on 12/05/2008

i hope they lose

*C* @ 9:46 am on 12/05/2008

they do deserve it! also, i don’t see it as a huge deal that they’re not super “new”. if you think about it, they were just starting to become famous by the end of 2007, so a nomination last year would have been too early. and i was thinking about how taylor swift got nominated in that category last year, even though her album came out more than a year before that. same deal.

deanna @ 9:56 am on 12/05/2008

you guys deserve it!!
good luck.
hope i get to meet
you three one day!!

Stephanie @ 10:03 am on 12/05/2008

I hope they win, they deserve it. Their music it great and they have such great attitudes about everything. Even if they don’t win it is an honor to be nominated, especially so young. I am 21 and I am a fan of them. I think they definitely deserve the nomination.

Whitney @ 10:26 am on 12/05/2008

Woo hoo!!
They deserve this.
Even if they don’t win, and even if they’re not really “new” artists, this is still really awesome.
If they win, i will be freaking out excited, if they loose, i will be a little upset but also not because they still got the nomination.

and I hope they always stay this humble.

Jessica @ 10:40 am on 12/05/2008

To Rii

Actually I do know another nominee
Lady Antebellum Rising Country Stars….
Yeah I listen to Country too..
Jazmine Sullivan, I have never heard of her.
Sorry to prove you wrong
and yes I am a Jonas Brothers fan, but I wouldn’t mind if Lady Antebellum won because I actually like them.

personally I do not care for Adele’s or Duffy’s music period

nathalia @ 10:47 am on 12/05/2008

they so deserve it.
they’re such sweet, talented guys and they worked so hard to be were they are right now. like, they’ve reached an international fame, they’re so famous here in Brazil and in other countrys 2.
they do deserve it.
i looove them so much

Chloe @ 11:38 am on 12/05/2008

Im Soo Glad they won!
They Did deserve it!
They are just amazing, they rock!
I Love them so much! x
Good Luck to the Future!
And Joe your hot :)
But I Love you All!

Yvonne @ 11:39 am on 12/05/2008

NOELANI(#5)—Actually, Joe is taller than Kevin. Kevin always wears the heeled boots cause he doesn’t like to be so short standing next to his now BOTH taller brothers.In reality, Kevin is the shortest JB(with the exception of Frankie). I think its cute that Kevin is the shortest now cause he used to tower over both Nick and Joe. BTW–I have a mad crush on Kevin, so I know where your comming from.

ANNA @ 3:15 pm on 12/05/2008

I am very happy for them! they deserve it! they are labeled by most people as another talentless disney band.. what most people don’t know is that they are talented! write all their songs, play their instruments, and ofcourse we all know what grand performers they are!

♥Zanessafan4lyfe♥ @ 3:32 pm on 12/05/2008

Joe is so hot in that pic :]
JONAS ROCK ♥

. @ 3:38 pm on 12/05/2008

#13 jazmine sullivan is an R&B artist which is probably y u dont know her….

jimmy_choo_ freak @ 4:53 pm on 12/05/2008

@ #15 they havent won yet.

personally i like them, but they really dont deserve to win, they arent that good, plus they write their own songs, wow a monkey could write those songs. they write love songs, even though they hardly have much experience about love.

Jessica @ 5:04 pm on 12/05/2008

#19 I do listen to some r&b in fact i listen to all types of music but i don’t usually look for new artists unless i have heard them play before

In4merz Sarah @ 6:42 pm on 12/05/2008

wanna help promote The Jonas Brother?….. and win amazing prizes?then go to
To enter you have to be a registered member of In4merz to enter our great competitions!Email in4merz at head@in4merz.com to get a FREE membership form

Hockey! best sport on earth. @ 11:48 pm on 12/05/2008

I don’t get why everyone thinks they are so hot. they have curly puffy hair, and where skinny jeans, and talk like their gay. Some of their music is alright, but none of them are hot!

ahhhhhhhhhhh look at how CUTE Nick is has anyone noticed hes gotten ALOT bigger in the past week I’m suprised I thought wow i’m almost his height AND NOW hes like 2x my height well any ways i loooooooooove Nick looooooooooooove you Nick J and by the way #23 they’re VERY VERY HOT boys and many girls love their curly hair it gives them a little extra cuteness and their style ROCKS and their sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo NOT GAY Kevin my be a little phemonin but all of them are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE,HOT,TALENTED & STYLISH THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Jonas Brothers (esp Nick ;) )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lv Nicky B :)

oh yeah @ 12:16 pm on 12/06/2008

I kind of agree with # 23. They do look a little gay. there song burin up is really good though. I wish Nick was’nt dating Selena Gomez, i can’t stand her!

Pages: [1] 2 »