Jaden Smith Makes The Earth Stand Still

Jaden Smith Makes The Earth Stand Still

Jaden Smith keeps close to his dad Will Smith at the premiere of his new film, The Day The Earth Stood Still at the AMC Loews Lincoln Square Theater in New York City on Tuesday night.

The 10-year-old who comes from a famous line of actors recently sat down with Seventeen mag to dish about the sci-fi thriller movie. Jaden shared, “It was really exciting [making the movie] with all the explosions and smoke and effects and all that stuff. Also, we would play around a lot on set so that made it really fun.”

The Day The Earth Stood Still is the remake of a 1951 film about an alien visitor and his giant robot counterpart who visit Earth. Keanu Reeves, Kathy Bates and Jennifer Connelly also star.

10+ pics inside of Jaden Smith standing still at the premiere…

Jaden-earth jaden smith earth stood still premiere 01
Jaden-earth jaden smith earth stood still premiere 12
Jaden-earth jaden smith earth stood still premiere 13
Jaden-earth jaden smith earth stood still premiere 14

Photos: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images for 20th Century Fox
Posted to: Jaden Smith

Emily @ 7:39 pm on 12/12/2008

Jaden reminds me of a mini Corbin Bleu…

Meepo @ 10:07 pm on 12/12/2008

That little boy is so cute but he needs to cut his hair.

Krissy Fantasy @ 12:28 am on 12/13/2008

OMFG!
i just saw this movie today..
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
it was sooo good <3
i highly recommend it , to anyone who was DYING of watching this fantastic movie :)
Mutant Aliens+ earth invasion+ violence + destruction+ explosions= The Earth Stand Still (L)

JADEN was such an awesome actor
just like his daddy ^^
EVEN at 10?
sick heh?
and yes- he looks cute looking like a mini corbin :P

troy @ 2:21 am on 12/13/2008

Jaden did a good job playing an annoying little brat and I did feel sympathy for him in the graveyard scenes toward the end of the film. I would have to see him in other movies but I think the kid could have potential.

But what really impressed me about “The Day the Earth Stood Still” was its use of an amazingly lifelike animatronic creation for the lead of Klatuu. I don’t understand why Hollywood insists on relying so heavily on CGI effects when they can create something like this. I mean yeah the voice was a little flat and there was no emotion but still just an astounding replicla of life is something that should be priased.

What’s that you say, that wasn’t a animantroc creation but Keanu Reeves? Are you sure? Well boy is my face red.

Seriously I just don’t get Keanu. I’ll admit that he was good in “Speed” but that was fourteen years ago and he has mastered the art of the intent stare. But when that seems to be only toy in an actor’s bag of tricks it gets monotonous.

Jennifer Connelly *sigh* was the best thing about the film and Jaden did a good job but I found the movie on the whole a bore becuse of Keanu’s wooden performance.

cynthia @ 10:44 am on 12/13/2008

omg he’s so cute :D and i saw that movie he’s a great actor;)

kaareely @ 7:33 pm on 07/16/2010

oh my god
I love you jaden!
is beautiful and handsome
also his muscles <3
is a real actor like his father
the karate kid goes movie very handsome and I loved that movie
I know!! u.u