Taylor Swift Rings In Rockin' New Year

Taylor Swift Rings In Rockin' New Year

Taylor Swift sheds her coat as she rings in the new year in the Big Apple’s Times Square on Wednesday evening.

The 19-year-old Fearless female performed a medley of her songs including “Picture To Burn”, “Love Story”, “Forever and Always” and “Change.” Taylor even shed her warm Tahari winter jacket in one degree weather for a glittering dress by Stephen Burrows.

Taylor completed her New Year’s Eve outfit off with Nordstrom gloves and Swarovski earrings. Check out Taylor‘s performance below (hint: crank up the volume!)!

Taylor Swift New Year’s Eve Medley, 12/31

25+ pics inside of Taylor rocking out the new year…

Taylor-yeareve taylor swift new year eve 01

Photos: Steve Mack/WireImage.com, Roger Kisby/Getty Images
Posted to: Taylor Swift

Pages: [1] 2 »
Bradley @ 1:12 am on 01/01/2009

Taylor rock.

lala :) @ 1:16 am on 01/01/2009

YES!!! she sang forever and always!!! in your face joe!!! YES!!!

Ava @ 1:17 am on 01/01/2009

Okay, how awkward was that for Joe……the idiot deserves it, Taylor rocks.

qwerty @ 1:25 am on 01/01/2009

I was so happy that she sang Forever and Always because Joe was there. But something is seriously wrong with that girl in the bankground lol!

liz @ 1:33 am on 01/01/2009

Wow, it’s a good thing she was so mature about the breakup. It’s not like she used it for publicity or anything, I mean what a coincidence that it got her so much attention right before her album came out! It’s really too bad how such a serious, long lasting relationship had to end. It’s especially a shame how Joe has went on every talk show out there proclaiming it for the world to see, making Taylor seem like an evil heartbreaker for breaking up with him over the phone. It’s not like their schedules are busy or anything, she should have at least had the decency to fly all the way to LA to break up with him. He even demanded that a song he wrote about how she promised him forever be put on the album, telling everyone who it was about just in case they didn’t catch it. At least Taylor has a little bit of comfort knowing that Joe can’t really sing live, as seen above in that horrific medley.

Oh wait…

Come ON people, they’re teenagers, they’re somewhat good looking, they had a little thing. It’s expected. But the fact that she is milking her predicament (read:getting dumped on her butt because she was too needy) for all it’s worth is just absurd. Team GET OVER IT!

Dot @ 1:42 am on 01/01/2009

Taylor sounded amazing. o_o
It was super cold there and she took off her coat. Crazy talented girl..

I’m so glad she sang Forever and Always. In Joe’s face. >:D

Unknown @ 1:47 am on 01/01/2009

I think Taylor was crazy for taking off her jacket in 19º weather!

But she was born in PA so I guess she’s used to the cold winter nights.

Littlewasserman @ 2:01 am on 01/01/2009

Oh My Goodness! Best Performace ever! But Come on I was so dispposnted with the other celebs that they picked for the show! Like Come On

Celebritie$everyday @ 2:18 am on 01/01/2009

wow
cool! (y)
luv taylorr

=D
comment :D

Cory @ 2:27 am on 01/01/2009

4 songs into 1 – well almost. Awesome performance by Taylor and her band. Really had the crowd going with Change too.

bridget @ 2:27 am on 01/01/2009

here’s a better version:

zashley4ever @ 2:31 am on 01/01/2009

Taylor is so beautiful.
I love her voice she is super talented.
And when she took off her jacket, crazy! haha

I know I am a JB fan…but I guess I like taylor.
She did okay too. But when she sung forever and always..i was like UH OH! lol
I do think she needs to drop it though!!
I mean Joe is the mature one for letting it go ages ago.

rii @ 3:27 am on 01/01/2009

liz

honestly.. taylor didnt even need the publicity. her album is doing better than the jb album and im pretty sure she was the top selling artist of 2008 or somewhere in the top 5. her fearless album was also like #6 i think for most sold in 2008 too. jb was on neither list. taylor has sold more with 2 albums than the jb have with all 3 of theirs.

natnut @ 6:40 am on 01/01/2009

Taylor’s album sold more than 2 million in less than a month. The over-rated Jonas Brothers can’t even crack 1 million AFTER 3 months of sales and despite the MASSIVE Disney publicity machine behind them.
AND.. Taylor is still the number one album in the nation with a good chance of spending another week at the top(total 5 weeks at #1).

She’s graduating towards superstardom while the JB’s will be relegated to an interesting footnote in history.

A few years from now, people will be saying:” the Jonas bros? Didn’t they use to be popular for a short while, riding on Disney’s coattails and one of them dated Music Legend Taylor Swift for a while?”

Jeantte @ 7:30 am on 01/01/2009

I love Taylor, but she is crazy!! I live in NY, and I was out last night, and I was freezing, with a coat, gloves and scarf!!!

Noelani @ 9:51 am on 01/01/2009

taylor is awesome.. but that girl has balls the size of something that is…. i can’t think of anything that big right now.. but dang i thought that was a tad bit of a low blow. whatevers he didn’t seem to care so it’s all good :)

but that dress was… i’m gonna say it…. it was pretty darn ugly. the cut wasn’t right for someone of your stature. it made her look clunky… yet again she has balls for that because it’s friggen freezing in new york.

Noelani @ 9:54 am on 01/01/2009

amen to comment 13… i’m not a taylor hater.. i mean i got all her cd’s and everything… her music speaks to me.. but she really should drop it already.. it’s like alright we know about the whole thing.. your milking it a lil too much.. live life and be happy.. stop going back to the bad part of your life and move on to a new year happy :)

Amanda @ 10:19 am on 01/01/2009

Nothing was said about the incident between her and Joe. She just sang a song from her album that happened to be about him. BIG FLIPPIN’ DEAL! Was performing Picture to Burn on tv a low blow because it’s about a guy she broke up with? No. The only difference between the two situations is that this guy happened to be there when she sang it. I don’t think she was singing it to be a jerk. I actually think the song is going to be a single and that’s why she was performing it. It’s a good song whether it’s about Joe or some other random guy she dated. All her songs are about guys…in case you aren’t very perceptive and haven’t noticed that….Joe isn’t going to be an exception to the rule of break-up songs just because he’s famous.

I can't nbelieve it @ 11:14 am on 01/01/2009

I just can’t believe she sang “Forever & Always” right when Joe was there. She’s such a drama queen. What else would she do for publicity??
It’s incredible, I think I’m starting to don’t like her, I know she seems like a good person, but for this I think she isn’t, I’m so dissapointed!!

allycat @ 11:26 am on 01/01/2009

amen to comment 5!!!!!!!!!!!

i like taylor’s songs.. but she is soooo flippin immature about this situation. He already posted on his blog that SHE hung up the phone at 27 seconds… yeah okay it sucks that he broke up with her… but GET OVER IT!! quit using it to sell records…

and comment 15– she DID sell more than JB.. but because she used her situation and breakup to do it… that’s pathetic if you ask me. I’m sure she would have done well without it.. but because of her fake tears and constant media attention.. she did better.

also… there will be no LEGEND t swift.. the girl can’t sing live worth crap… the only performance ability she has is taking off a jacket and getting pneumonia… congrats girl… you’re a winner…

stop talking and just perform… that’s your job.. not your relationship…

ps: i found it funny when they did the count down– jb and demi were all hugs and smiles together… (joe was awkwardly avoiding looking at taylor) and there was taylor… all alone.. and STARRING joe down…

i think she’s a psycho.. and should just write songs… she should have her speaking privileges revoked…

jessica @ 12:23 pm on 01/01/2009

Seriously so awkward with her & Joe on the same stage.

........ @ 12:48 pm on 01/01/2009

ugh. i cant believe she sang forvever and always. although i love that song, joe was there. i feel so bad for him. she just keeps rubbing it in his face. ugh. im so on joes side. i do like taylor but im sick of her not dropping it

delia @ 1:24 pm on 01/01/2009

i liked her performance
she must be freezing when she took of her jacket
=]

Dot @ 1:25 pm on 01/01/2009

…I’m sure that if Joe broke up with the Taylor haters, they wouldn’t want that to happen to them. Think about how Taylor would feel..

Pages: [1] 2 »