Adrienne Bailon Confirms Cheetah Girls Split

Adrienne Bailon Confirms Cheetah Girls Split

Adrienne Bailon broke some Cheetahlicious news to JJJ at the “A Sealed Fate?” dinner at Bon Appetit Supper Club during the 2009 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.

The dinner was sponsored by The Humane Society and hosted by America’s Next Top Model photographer/judge Nigel Barker. Here’s what the 24-year-old singer had to say:

JJJ: Are The Cheetah Girls really over?
AB: I think that the brand has now come to an end. But like everything – High School Musical will no longer be. Same thing. We had a great run. But I think Disney – it was a platform for us to continue the dreams and they want to spread the same Cheetah Girl message to carry with us, which is Girl empowerment. Every project that the three of us do will always incorporate that. We’ll be friends forever. We’ve always connected in a way – like the first time I ever had a Barbie was a Sabrina and Kiely doll. I will never forget that. It was a great experience and I’m really, really happy I was a part of it.

JJJ: What is your favorite song of all the Cheetah movies?
AB: ‘No Place Like Us.’ I think it’s the one that I related to the most. It’s a ballad that really talks about that if you have fame and fortune, you have nothing if you don’t have the people you love around you. It’s a song that when I listened to it for the first time, I cried. It’s so true. Like none of this matters unless you’re doing great things like going to charities, if you family to love, people to share it with. It just means nothing if they’re not there with you.

We’ll miss you, Cheetah Girls!

Adrienne-split adrienne bailon seal dinner 01
Adrienne-split adrienne bailon seal dinner 02
Adrienne-split adrienne bailon seal dinner 03
Adrienne-split adrienne bailon seal dinner 04
Adrienne-split adrienne bailon seal dinner 05

Photos: Charley Gallay/Wireimage
Posted to: Adrienne Bailon, Cheetah Girls, Kiely Williams, Sabrina Bryan

finally

they dragged their success out

ps. it probably has to do with her half naked pics that were leaks online

disney hates scandals

Katie T @ 6:31 pm on 01/27/2009

wahhhhh!!!! omg I love the Cheetah Girls!!! and I’m 19 years old lol most of my friends do also!!! we went to there concert over the summer and they were amazing, they are way underrated! I hope they do some sort of reunion thing or they should change there name and the three of them should form a new maybe more mature group cuz I love the three of them together! I think maybe your right # 2 because before the scandal they were talking about doing a fourth movie but then that hit and they were kicked out of the parade and it was all down hill from there! wow this sucks! Cheetah for life!!! I love you girls!!!

HSMFan @ 6:34 pm on 01/27/2009

Ooooh :( I guess all good things must come to an end.

whitney @ 6:36 pm on 01/27/2009

i figured it had something to do with her naked pics supposedly “leaked” online. a lot of huge cheetah girls fans are really gonna miss the three doing movies and stuff together. but i wouldnt really call it a “split”. they didnt really split apart from eachother. just like high school musical, they are just discontinuing.

cc27 @ 7:11 pm on 01/27/2009

wow…

mai @ 7:52 pm on 01/27/2009

thats sucks. my sister really loved them.
i don’t believe Nigel Barker was there.

EVERY1ROXX @ 8:03 pm on 01/27/2009

oh woopdeedoo! it was kinda obvious that they were over

VANESSA @ 8:44 pm on 01/27/2009

Isn’t the premiere of their movie (the 1 where they go to India0 on soon on the UK Disney Channel? Wow we are far behind, if they have now split up. lol

David @ 10:13 pm on 01/27/2009

All good things must come to an end, after all…

Mic @ 7:53 am on 01/28/2009

As much as I hate it, I’m not surprised. It is clear Adrienne wants to move on. I can’t wait to see how things work out for Sabrina. Adrienne’s new projects don’t appeal to me at all. I’m sure Kiely has plans as well.

It was a great ride.

alex @ 5:03 pm on 01/28/2009

That’s sad, they kinda have been over, but I’ll definitely going to miss them I’m excited to see what each of them are going to do next.

jasmine @ 1:42 am on 01/31/2009

thank goodness that heckkk of a mess is finally over :D
& how can she compare that corny saga to the EPIC HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL franchise ?
big difference hunny .
was a cheetah girls movie ever on the big screen ?
i dont think sooo .

high school musical aint going anywhere anytime soon .
trust me .

Jonathan @ 5:35 pm on 02/04/2009

HSM is over with aas well. And thank god. HSM was always garbage, overrated garbage. With no talent. At least with the Cheetah Girls, the girls had talent. It was all good, until Raven left for good.

Hayleigh?! @ 8:44 am on 02/07/2009

i think that the cheetah girls are kind of old now that they had to get rid of them some how but i think mostly because of Adriennes pics. that happened wid Vanessa Hudgens and they carried on HSM and Miley Cyrus,and there was like another season AND A MOVIE COMING OUT.
its odd really wid the whole disney world.

cheistopher @ 11:54 pm on 03/14/2009

I wont my on show

rachel. @ 3:16 am on 03/30/2009

the Cheetah Girls were the only reason I watched Disney…

Miley Cyrus and HSM is garbage.

Winnie @ 3:50 am on 09/23/2009

I wish they reunite with another name and another label to do the groupe with a mature way because I love the three of them especially Adrienne and Kiely (from 3LW).
I missed them alot.

shay shay @ 3:24 pm on 03/12/2013

I know the cheetah girls are old now but they are so talented! I wish I was adriene and aqua. But adriene why did you have to split up the group?