Chace Crawford To Replace Zac Efron?

Chace Crawford To Replace Zac Efron?

Zac Efron may not be singing and dancing his way onto the big screen in Footloose but Gossip Girl’s Chace Crawford is definitely looking to fill those dancing shoes.

Sources tell E! that Chace, 23, tested over the weekend for the lead role of Ren McCormick. They shared, “He did really well.”

Zac, 21, recently dropped out of the flick after another script change was ordered. A Paramont Pictures press release stated, “Footloose is a project we’ve longed to see rebooted for a new generation. While Zac in no longer attached, we remain excited and committed to the collective brain trust of [HSM turned Footloose director] Kenny Ortega, Neil Meron and Craig Zadan, who will reinvigorate the franchise. Their fresh take on the film will undoubtedly be filled with the same kind of breakout performances that we’ve come to expect from them.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK about Chace putting on his dancing shoes — YAY or NAY?

Photos: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures
Posted to: Chace Crawford, Zac Efron

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »
Katie @ 9:20 pm on 03/30/2009

Uh, no!!!!!!! Even though I love Chace and Gossip Girl, but SINGING?!?! What next BROADWAY?!?

Katty @ 9:20 pm on 03/30/2009

Whohoo for Chace, but it’s been reported that Zac signed onto the Life and Death of Charles St. Cloud, or some kind of name like that. Go to zefron.com it’s right there. I’ll go see it bc he is in it, but I’m not sure if it will appeal to me all that much. But then again I don’t know much about the story. I hope Zac does awesome in his new movie, and although I won’t go see Footloose, I hope Chace is good!

Anna @ 9:22 pm on 03/30/2009

yay! i <3 chace :)

jo @ 9:23 pm on 03/30/2009

go for it, why not? at least they got a name for it

zanessa4everr @ 9:24 pm on 03/30/2009

that would be AMAZING! if not zac, chase would we amazing for the part!
he looks the part, thats for sure. lol

aw @ 9:24 pm on 03/30/2009

… it’s amusing since they both have some similar features. But if he can sing and dance, why not. I don’t actually plan on seeing it.

Esther @ 9:25 pm on 03/30/2009

I think that it’s cool Chace would do well in this role

sjk @ 9:28 pm on 03/30/2009

Totally depends on the script as to how much dancing he has to do and if he’s got the skills. Kevin Bacon really had some mad skills when it came to dancing. But Chase seems to be a cool guy, so I hope it works out for him.

HECK YES – CHACE IS HOTTER THAN ZAC!! Close… Don’t get m wrong, I dig Zac, But I did Chace more.

Sarah @ 9:36 pm on 03/30/2009

Yay!! I will absolutley watch this movie if Chace Crawford is in it!!
I think he’ll do really well. =)

Luisa @ 9:37 pm on 03/30/2009

nay hahahah the original actor was blond!

michelle strauss @ 9:41 pm on 03/30/2009

I’m glad Zac turned down the role.
Only because I don’t want him to get stuck with doing musicals all his life ( & that’s why he dropped it also, he wanted to go for different roles on screen).
But anywho, I didn’t know CHACE could dance, but since it seems like he can
THEN HECK YEA.
go for it .
i love chace <3 &&& zac <3

zanessa/jashley/ashnessa @ 9:42 pm on 03/30/2009

Hm..it will be interesting to see Chace sing and dance…but I am so glad that Zachary is putting musicals behind him.

@ Katty, #2, thanks for the info. !!! …Wow, if Zachary IS IN the movie…I’ll definitely be excited to see him in a suspenseful movie !! That would be so awesome…

…Zachary and Chace. …I swear, their brothers from another mother. ..They both have amazing blue eyes and great hair !! Their both adorable. :D

hititquitit @ 9:44 pm on 03/30/2009

they look so much alike what would it matter?
but can he even sing?
dancing you can learn
but i just don’t know if he can sing
that’s my only hang up.

and zac has done enough musicals to last him til he’s 29 or something lol
so he deserves a break from that…and needs it.

but i just need to know if chace can sing….can he?

cc27 @ 9:50 pm on 03/30/2009

I would Prefer Zac Efron 100%
Right Now i dont rlly care who takes his place.. i dont even wanna watch it as much as i did before…

jo @ 9:50 pm on 03/30/2009

if Chase can’t dance, he’ll definitely learn to. Kenny will whip him into shape

reginna @ 9:52 pm on 03/30/2009

no way! zac is a lot more hotter & cutter than chace 8-)

Shirley @ 10:02 pm on 03/30/2009

Yay i think.

Though, I dont think this remake will be good. In all remakes, it’s crappy.Like Quarantine, Dark water(crappiest), and so on…

Andrea @ 10:03 pm on 03/30/2009

noo zac is better, hotter than chace

love zac♥

I want It all @ 10:06 pm on 03/30/2009

i still cannot believe zac’s not doing this because it’s a musical. I mean this movie could be big.

Jess @ 10:07 pm on 03/30/2009

I adore Chace and he’s gorgeous but I can’t picture him in the role.

mrsefron. @ 10:15 pm on 03/30/2009

1 ] CHANCE CAN NOT SING.
2 ] HE CANT EVEN ACT ON GOSSIP GIRL .
3 ] HE IS A ZAC WANNABE .

NAY .

whatever footloose is gonna SUCK either wayy because Zac is NOT in it.

= ] @ 10:17 pm on 03/30/2009

Cool so i went from watching it because Zac was gonna be In it.

& Now Chance is…so def back to NOT watching.

ha, itttttt deeeef gonna suckkk withouttttttt zac .

I SUPPORT ZAC!!

HE IS BETTER OFF NOT DOING ANOTHER MUSIC.

HE IS GOOD WITH COMEDY &&; SERIOUS ROLES.<33

Lindsey @ 10:26 pm on 03/30/2009

haha. heck yes! Chace Crawford as Ren McCormick..way more awesome. I’d love to see him dance…and I think he would make a very sexy bad boy. Way sexier than Kevin Bacon ever could of dreamed of being. (ps. there is no singing in Footloose people)

patricia20 @ 10:32 pm on 03/30/2009

CHACE WILL DO AWESOME!!!!
go chace!