Debby Ryan: Once A Wildcat, Always A Wildcat

Debby Ryan: Once A Wildcat, Always A Wildcat

Debby Ryan dances around a floating bubble in The Suite Life on Deck‘s special People magazine.

The 15-year-old actress dished to the mag about her acting idol, being a wildcat and her absolute favorite movies. Check it:

On her favorite and least favorite movies: “I quote Talledega Nights all the time. My favorite quote is, ‘I’m going to come atchu like a spider monkey.’ Indiana Jones, Star Wars? Love them. I don’t like romantic movies. Like The Notebook. As a female you’re supposed to love it. It was good but…ugh!”

On going to mascot camp: “I’m a nerd. I was in chess club. I went to mascot camp. In eighth grade I was the mascot of my school: a wildcat. I still have the old costume in my dressing room. It reminds me every day to go big and have energy.”

On co-star Brenda Song: “Brenda Song is like the Disney queen. She is one of my favorite actresses! I just found a journal from when I was in fifth or sixth grade and I wrote, “If I could be best friends with a celebrity it would be Brenda Song.’ It was hysterical!”

Be sure to pick up your own copy of The Suite Life on Deck’s People issue — on stands NOW!

Debby-people debby ryan bubblicious 01
Debby-people debby ryan bubblicious 02

Photos: Michael Lavine via People
Posted to: Debby Ryan, The Suite Life On Deck

Pages: [1] 2 3 »
harmonygrace @ 5:22 pm on 04/18/2009

aww the brenda song thing was sweet.
debby’s so awesome!!

amylee @ 5:46 pm on 04/18/2009

i love her her character on the sweet life on deck btw how old is she?

rosie @ 6:05 pm on 04/18/2009

debby is so amazing! she seems so genuine, and she’s adorable! (:

gab @ 6:09 pm on 04/18/2009

love heer !!!

Michelle @ 6:10 pm on 04/18/2009

Aw her and Brenda both rock!

Katiie @ 6:15 pm on 04/18/2009

vanessa is the disney queen

Katiie @ 6:15 pm on 04/18/2009

still luv brenda though x

cc27 @ 6:22 pm on 04/18/2009

I Love Her Character On Suite Life on Deck, But it has Been a while I Havent seen her :(

I Hope I Get to See her More :)

Madison @ 6:27 pm on 04/18/2009

Katie, you are absolutely wrong. Vanessa’s only in HSM, wow, how does that make her a disney queen?

Brenda’s been in so many disney movies, Wendy Wu, Suite Life, Stuck in the suburbs, Phil of the Future, Get a clue, Like Mike, and so many more movies in disney! SO SHE IS THE DISNEY QUEEN.

Anyways, Debby’s sweet.

tina @ 6:30 pm on 04/18/2009

debby is so adorable (: you can tell her dream was to be on disney just like so many other kids and she like genuinely LOVES doing it (: ilherrrr.

berrypunch @ 6:30 pm on 04/18/2009

@amylee: shes 15… it says that in the article, lol..

miLcaheunice @ 7:39 pm on 04/18/2009

brenda song is not the disney queen…It’s miley…

because miley is the highest paid among them all…not brenda!!!

btw vanessa can be also called as a disney queen..not brenda!!!

Melaniee @ 7:51 pm on 04/18/2009

I agree Brenda is a Disney Queen. Miley only has Hannah Montana, Vanessa only has HSM. Brenda’s been in allot of Disney stuff.

To Me it doesn’t matter how much they get paid, Its how much Disney stuff there attached to and therefor Brenda wins.

cory @ 9:20 pm on 04/18/2009

she looks younger than 15

cory @ 9:44 pm on 04/18/2009

@berrypunch: ithink she meant how old like bcause she looks younger than 15

Jen @ 1:03 am on 04/19/2009

@Katiie: Pfft, yea rite. Brenda had been in Disney for a long time. Vanessa just been in 1 movie and one special guest as a dumb girl. I mean I like vanessa but Brenda is truly the Disney Queen. I call Vanessa the Sweet Girl in HSM.

miLcaheunice @ 7:42 am on 04/19/2009

oh yeah…maybe you’re right guys…brenda has more projects in disney than vanessa or miley.

but it doesn’t mean she’s the disney queen…I mean come on, her movies is not as big as high school musical and her music is not as good as miley’s music…

so explain it to me guys…what makes her a disney queen…???

she’s a moron…Disney should dump her..

btw…no one has the rights to get mad of me bec. of this comment…i have the rights to say anything I want…

mine @ 8:28 am on 04/19/2009

@miLcaheunice: Brenda’s movies broke records at the time of the release. They were ”big” for Disney’s average ratings. I am talking about Stuck in the Suburbs which was sensational for Disney’s ratings at the time before the Musical series. Wendy Wu did not receive out of this world ratings in the US but broke records in the Europe and Pacific Asia according to Neilsen. Wendy Wu is actually really popular in Eastern Asia and South Eastern Asia. When calculating the ”ratings” this does not include the Worldwide rating for the movie, it only includes the USA’s rating. Which is quite unfair considering WW’s ratings worldwide were higher than Camp Rock’s worldwide rating.

BRENDA ISN’T A MORON!!!!
BE QUITE HATER
Brenda is the Disney queen, and Brenda hasn’t released any real music, she doesn’t want a music career, she CAN sing but she doesn’t want the career. So how on earth is her music not as good as Miley’s? she hasn’t released any official music.

Brenda is the queen, miley has only done hannah montana and she doesn’t have the experience and talent, and Brenda’s movies are fairly sensational in the Pacific Asian countries mainly Wendy Wu. Wendy Wu was sensational in Asia, and BTW Wendy Wu never got the promotion HSM got so no wonder it didn’t get 7.7 million viewers. Brenda is strong, passionate, beautiful and amazing! She has a unique lovely and divine personality.

Anyway Debby is so cute and perky in a good way. I LOVE DEBBY!

lolo @ 8:31 am on 04/19/2009

debby is by far the most gorgeous gal ever!!! and i agree brenda is the queen she rox! TEAM DEBBY/BRENDA

Lizzie @ 9:48 am on 04/19/2009

I love Debby! :D

BB @ 9:49 am on 04/19/2009

Brenda is my acting idol too… lol Debby is great!!!!!

SOS @ 9:50 am on 04/19/2009

Awww!!! debby’s so so so cute

jorenda @ 9:52 am on 04/19/2009

@amylee: She is 15, it says in the article ”the 15 year-old actress” she is 2 years younger than miley.. nearly 2 years if you calculate it right.

Roory @ 9:53 am on 04/19/2009