Emma Watson & Jay Barrymore: Brown Buddies

Emma Watson & Jay Barrymore: Brown Buddies

New Brown University student Emma Watson and her boyfriend Jay Barrymore chill out on the steps at the Ivy League college on Friday afternoon (September 4) in Providence, Rhode Island.

The 19-year-old British actress was seen out and about during the day, going through the obligatory freshman orientation before hanging out with her family around the capital city.

Emma recently dished to Teen Vogue on what she would like her college experience to be like. She shared, “I really want anonymity. I want to do [the college experience] properly, like everyone else. As long as I don’t walk in and see, like, Harry Potter posters everywhere, I’ll be fine.”

Emma-jay emma watson jay barrymore brown 01
Emma-jay emma watson jay barrymore brown 02
Emma-jay emma watson jay barrymore brown 03
Emma-jay emma watson jay barrymore brown 04
Emma-jay emma watson jay barrymore brown 05

Photos: INFdaily
Posted to: Emma Watson

Pages: [1] 2 »
Camiila @ 12:10 pm on 09/07/2009

Why is she going to Brown?
She has money to go Harvard or Yale.

liz @ 12:12 pm on 09/07/2009

I’m happy that she likes it.
the paparazzi should leave her alone :/

@Camiila:
Brown is an ivy league school too. just because you hear harvard & yale more often doesn’t mean that it’s the best school for everyone.

saudia @ 12:13 pm on 09/07/2009

Love Emma.. she looks great, even casual

Kim @ 12:21 pm on 09/07/2009

They look so cute! She seems so happy. Brown is very laid back so it’s a good fit for her.

Jayckson Lucy @ 12:24 pm on 09/07/2009

She looks great. But, honestly, I just dont know what she sees in that Jay Barrymore. But well, it´s non of my business, and if she´s happy, i´m too. I wish her a very good and nice time there! You´re awesome, Emma!

Kim @ 12:28 pm on 09/07/2009

He must have a really great…personality! She seems happy with him so that’s what counts.

Sarah @ 12:46 pm on 09/07/2009

Is that her boyfriend?! You’re kiddin’ me right..
No offence or anything but he’s ugly..
Ah well, if she’s happy with him

me @ 12:53 pm on 09/07/2009

They’re so CUTE together!!!
Does anyone else think he looks like Tom Felton? :D

me @ 12:54 pm on 09/07/2009

I think her BF is HAWT!

Lilly @ 1:05 pm on 09/07/2009

NO WAY. He doesnt look like Tom.
That Jay is the ugliest person I’ve ever seen.
I really dont know what Emma sees in him too!

demii @ 1:54 pm on 09/07/2009

OMG these guys are so dry ass they don’t look good together and he is 2 ugly for her she can do way better he is like a trap and by the looks of it she is starting to turn into one 2 like grow a back bone she is 2 smart for him and she needs to find her self a nice guy who can look after them selves xx sorry Emma take this as a complement please and please please please take my advice :) you are really pretty but not with him he is changing you x :/

laurenxo @ 2:14 pm on 09/07/2009

eww that guy looks like his parents were brother and sister

mia @ 2:15 pm on 09/07/2009

maybe fate will bring emma watson and joe jonas together lol. i love to see them together, just to see what it would be like. the smart pretty british actress with the handsome funny american pop/rock star

G.G. @ 4:43 pm on 09/07/2009

its good that shes going to brown! she will do fine!

cc27 @ 6:54 pm on 09/07/2009

UGH.. that bf of her is ew.. he is 29 or 30+ yrs old. anyone knew that? lol !

hititquitit @ 6:54 pm on 09/07/2009

wow uh i really never liked her boyfriend he just isn’t all that…but who knows maybe he’s an amazing person….
but i’m glad she’s having fun and such

Kayla @ 7:23 pm on 09/07/2009

She so does not look happy with him

he is all smiles and she is not..
she can find someone better then that…

gold baybay @ 7:40 pm on 09/07/2009

@Camiila:

What’s wrong with Brown? It’s an Ivy League as well… She wants to go to Brown so she’s going there, Get your head out of your a**, Havard or Yale aren’t the best choices for everyone.

lovesgosling182 @ 9:40 pm on 09/07/2009

@Camiila: Maybe she wasn’t good enough. Even though there both ivy league, Yale and Harvard are two of the best schools in the world. But what’s wrong with Brown???? It’s still an amazing school I’ll probably never get into lol.

lovesgosling182 @ 9:42 pm on 09/07/2009

@me: That’s what i said!!!!! He does look like Tom!!!!! Great minds think alike LOL!!!!!!! I agree he is hot.

Leah @ 10:35 pm on 09/07/2009

@cc27:

He’s 26.

@lovesgosling182:

Umm, seeing as she got straight As and A*s, I bet she could have gotten into Harvard or Yale if she wanted.

@me:

NO! Ok, I see the similarity, but I don’t think he looks LIKE him.

me @ 12:12 am on 09/08/2009

@Leah:

They have very similar facial features. When I first saw a pic of Jay Barrymore (love his name)….I thought he might be one of Tom’s older brothers, but I guess not. He also kind of looks like Prince William in some of his pictures. They still make a cute couple. She doesn’t have to date a supermodel just because she’s famous. ;)

me @ 12:15 am on 09/08/2009

@Leah:

And I also agree about the Harvard, Yale comment. Emma actually DID tour those campuses too and I’m pretty sure she got accepted into more than one Ivy League school. She just chose Brown. I think Brown is the perfect fit for her. It’s a small campus and it’s in New England so she has a better chance of her having her normal college experience there than she would if she went to Harvard or Yale.

Jane @ 1:39 am on 09/08/2009

Gah, I honestly do not care what Jay looks like, but what really concerns me is 1) he is nearly 30 years old and Emma’s only 19 and 2) he NEVER seems to be working, he’s ALWAYS with Emma (he was even watching Emma do HBP interviews….can we have a little separation guys?)…I mean, sure, he may be vacationing right now, but who has time to fly all the way from London to RI and just hang out with your girlfriend? In the NYC HBP press conference Emma said she was dating her stalker, and now I see why, lol. He just creeps me out and I really feel like he’s just with her for her money. I may be totally grasping at jaws, but from a distance that’s surely what it looks like…plus, like someone said, he always looks So happy, but Emma just looks kinda sad, unhappy, never smiling. She’s rarely like that when she’s with Dan Rad and Rupert….hopefully this Jay guy will back off a little and Emma will have the space she wanted in coming to the states and, you know, maybe strike up a romance with Dan Rad, who coincidentally has an apartment in NYC….:D. Dan Rad + Emma=Love. I know it!

aspha @ 4:08 am on 09/08/2009

She is admirable. Rare to a famous celebrity like her giving importance to an education despite of the height of her career. Giving priority to go to college is something that she will treasure for the rest of her life. Humble girl, despite of fame & intelligence she remains & prefer to be in Ivy League.

Education is a privilege. Its not the school that brings you to fame nor be a certified or a dignified person. But its how you learned & earned your education and apply and rule yourself with confidence, knowledge & wisdom. She is so lucky. And very determined enough to have a degree in her hands.

Pages: [1] 2 »