Selena Gomez Dreams Out Loud

Selena Gomez Dreams Out Loud

Selena Gomez: Actress, Singer, UNICEF Ambassador…designer?

You read right! The 17-year-old starlet is spreading her wings even further and working on a new clothing line she’s named Dream Out Loud. The line will focus on pretty, feminine and bohemian clothing — a line, Sel said, that mirrors her own style.

Selena shared with WWD, “Growing up in Texas, I was sort of close-minded and kind of a tomboy, but as I’ve traveled, I found such a love of clothes. It’s really always been a dream of mine to have a line.”

She continued, “With my line, I really want to give the customer options on how they can put their own looks together. I want the pieces that can be easy to dress up or down, and the fabrics being eco-friendly and organic are superimportant. Also, the tags will all have some of my inspirational quotes on them. I’m just looking to send a good message.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Selena developing her own clothing line?

Photos: Craig Sjodin/Disney Channel
Posted to: Selena Gomez

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »
Sydney @ 11:46 am on 10/15/2009

I THINK IT’S AWESOME! Selena rocks and I can’t wait to buy clothes from her clothing line. Where will it be sold? HOPEFULLYYYY NOT WALMARTTT! like miley’s… I mean Miley’s clothing line is cute but it’s cheap quality because it’s walmart. I hope Selena’s is sold at Kohl’s or Macy’s or JCpenny…

Lulu @ 11:47 am on 10/15/2009

erm… i hadnt finished! lol, erm… yeah! it’s a bit annoying that she does everything, spesh the singing thing, but i’m glad she’s doing a clothing line! i’m not really a fan of hers, but wow i love her clothes! i especially loved that pink dress she wore at the ALMA awards! i hope the line comes out in the uk then! ***

Jo @ 11:54 am on 10/15/2009

ugh, not another celebrity “designer”.. stick to acting

Lauren @ 11:55 am on 10/15/2009

im soo happy for her and im glad shes getting to do more things than acting cos i love her as a person and as a actress/singer…..but is it me or are all the celebrities got clothing lines – i think its just abit too much over the top…but im still happy for her

Jasmine @ 12:05 pm on 10/15/2009

cool!
hope it expands far!
i’ll definetely love that shop!

Lois @ 12:09 pm on 10/15/2009

Sydney is right!
Too bad I live in the Netherlands, it’s really expensive to buy clothes on the internet..

angelie @ 12:23 pm on 10/15/2009

Congratulations. Wow, this girl is non stop doing what she loves to do. I’m really happy for her. :)

judy @ 12:33 pm on 10/15/2009

selena is a fake wake up america. she is jealous of miley. people only look at a person whats on the outside and not whats inside if you paid attention to whats going on twitter and why miley left u know selena had something to do with it. wakeup america

lalle @ 12:35 pm on 10/15/2009

too much like miley….

caro @ 12:35 pm on 10/15/2009

great! i love her style!!

Party in the usa @ 12:37 pm on 10/15/2009

Cough Miley Cough.

becca @ 12:37 pm on 10/15/2009

why on earth does she have to do a clothing line? The album was already a mistake. This is clearly a case of someone seeing how much money Miley is making from her clothing line and trying to hop on the bandwagon. Selena needs to just act & stop doing all these side projects. I heard she’s going to do a makeup line too. Why is that necessary?

JAsmine Ray @ 12:44 pm on 10/15/2009

I don’t like how everyone is doing a clothing line now, but I really think selena has a great sense of fashion and I probably will check it out!
And really I think its great that she has the courage to follow her dreams no mattter what people say. If she wants to do this she should! Shes just following her dreams, which all of us try to do. The only difference is that hers are more public. I love Selena and shes a huge role model to me!

Ali(: @ 12:51 pm on 10/15/2009

if i would be actress and singer and abassador, i would still want to pursue my dreams to be movie director and have my own fashion line. i have so many dreams and if it would be possible to reach them i would do it no matter what, after all these who always want to be for you, will understand that you want to follow your dreams.

great job, Selena!

carley @ 12:52 pm on 10/15/2009

as much as i like her style, i’m pretty much over the entire “list of things you must do if you are a disney star” thing.
older stars made a perfectly good living by just acting!
but now all these younger stars coming out have to sing, act, dance, design, etc to be famous.

i’m sick of the long list of side projects everyone has these days.

amy @ 1:01 pm on 10/15/2009

um that’s nice but she really doesn’t dress “boho-chic”? she wears like classy skirts and tailored jackets. not eco-friendly hippie stuff. but w/e good luck to her.

milshakee @ 1:08 pm on 10/15/2009

miley much? seriously shes annoying. i like her but wow.

janickk @ 1:19 pm on 10/15/2009

she is awsome….sorry butt miley cant touch her.. selena sounds wayyy better live..miley sounds better on cd than selena ….you never know if disney is making them do all this stuff it coould be part of the contract..if you hadnt noticed everyone on disney sings nowww !!

yenny @ 1:20 pm on 10/15/2009

i think this is awesome i love her style and i hope their clothes will be like her outfits aww
GO SEL

Chau @ 1:32 pm on 10/15/2009

Oh jeezus…not again. Just another plot to make money off of naive little kids (or their parents anyway.) Please stop.

Izzah @ 1:33 pm on 10/15/2009

Selena is SOOO much better than miley ok???
but anywayz… YAY!!! Go on girl!!!

tess @ 1:57 pm on 10/15/2009

i definetely like her style, this is amazing idea!!!!

koolkat @ 1:58 pm on 10/15/2009

What the hell? “Miley wanna-be”? “jealous of Miley”? Are kidding me? Selena is NOT jealous of that obnoxious, untalented girl at all, nor does she wanna be like her! Selena said, like a million times, that there’s no need to be jealous of anyone, she already has a TV show, movies, album, a clothing line, and her friends/family. She’s living a wonderfully blessed life and she’s able to do things that most people would dream about. Why would she be jealous of Miley? Miley may be more famous, but that doesn’t mean she’s more talented, as a matter of fact, I think Selena is WAY MORE TALENTED AND WAY FREAKIN PRETTIER than Miley Virus!

You people are probably 9 year old little trolls who has no idea what they’re talking about. Selena and Miley are both COMPLETELY different girls, with different hairstyles, different fashion styles, different personalities, different manners, they’re just really different from each other. So I have no idea why you think she wants to be like Miley. I mean, wtf? Grow up.

And Miley is definitely not the first celebrity to start a clothing line, so I don’t know why you think Selena is “copying” her just because she wants to do her own clothing line. Selena just wants to design clothes for her FANS. Simple as that.

Smacky35 @ 2:16 pm on 10/15/2009

Seriously I am so sick of the Miley vs Selena argument. It is pathetic. Both of them are amazing at what they do you shouldn’t be putting them against each other. Also ya ever thought maybe the reason miley is like this now is because you people are treating her the same way as britney. Not that I think Miley is bad at all.

janickk @ 2:19 pm on 10/15/2009

im so agreeing with koolkat SELENA IS MORE CLASSY ..IM NOT BEING A HATER BUT ITS TRUE..

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »