Nick Jonas: I'm Fascinated With Politics

Nick Jonas: I'm Fascinated With Politics

Nick Jonas maybe not be running for President next year (he’s not old enough), but he still has dreams of waking up in The White House one day.

The 17-year-old musician caught up with MTV to chat about his college plans, The Administration and his funny nickname, Mr. President. Check it:

On furthering his education: “We’ll have to wait and see. The first step to the whole process is going to college and getting that in there. I visited a couple colleges this past summer. It was interesting to see how it would all work out and what the timing would be, but that might be in the future some day.”

On his nickname, Mr. President: “Not so much [fascinated] with politics, but more just about the fascination with the president. The opportunities that we’ve had to go to the White House, the times that I’ve joked about wanting to be president and all that, I’m taking [it] somewhat serious.”

On The Administration’s new songs: “Obviously, I have a lot of time to think about that, but it was something cool to do with this. And it gave me some inspiration, and having a list of a hundred of these things that I could take and make them double meanings…only four of them stuck. ‘Oval Office’ is a song that didn’t sound that cool.”

Bigger group pic inside…

Nick Jonas Chats on his Presidency Campaign

Nick Jonas Chats on his Presidency Campaign, Part 2
Nick-president nick jonas administration pic 01

Photos: Nick Jonas
Posted to: Jonas Brothers, Nick Jonas, The Administration

larissa @ 8:28 pm on 12/09/2009

BRAZIL LOVES JJJ AND NICK JONAS!

Courtney @ 8:28 pm on 12/09/2009

We so excited for Nick!

rockdemi @ 8:29 pm on 12/09/2009

i hope your dream come true nick =)
President : Nick .. That’s cool ..

clara @ 8:40 pm on 12/09/2009

oun. mr. president s3

clara @ 8:44 pm on 12/09/2009

BRAZIL LOVES JJJ AND NICK JONAS! +1

love jonas @ 8:47 pm on 12/09/2009
nathalia @ 7:42 am on 12/10/2009

BRAZIL LOVES JJJ AND NICK JONAS! +2 (:
ooohhhn mr. president

Allamericanrejectsrock @ 7:53 am on 12/10/2009

look, i’m not trying to offend anyone, but did he seriously just say he’s seriously considering running for president when he’s old enough?! Maybe I misinterpreted, but i got it right, then OHMYGOODNESS. This is called going too far. Nick Jonas is nothing but an un-original fad. Sorry, but it’s true. I used to love JB, but I’ve realized that they give off a very much obnoxious vibe and have no real talent. They act all goody-goody, but they’re just plain. I’m sorry if I diss your taste music, but in my own, very much not fair opnion, I feel that all the tween fans that fall for these guys are blinded by their somewhat good looks and their facade about acting like they are absolute gentlemen. I have no proof that the way they act is fake, but it seems very, very evident when you finally move on to something that’s not talentless, cookie-cutter disney-like Paramore, AAR, Green Day, Daughtry, etc.-and when you consider Joe’s ruthless phone break up with Taylor Swift. (Sure, it’s been a looong time since then, but Joe’s always going on about how he treats girls with respect, then dumps his gf over the phone.)

jonaslove @ 8:03 am on 12/10/2009

That picture is simply AMAZING!!! Nick looks delicious in black <3

mary @ 9:10 am on 12/10/2009

Nick is so handsome!! muah!!

lulu @ 11:32 am on 12/10/2009

“Oval Office” lol, how does he think of these things? He is a genius though, not to mention he is gorgeous!!! Love him! And I’m going to be the 1st Lady!! Even though I’m British lol ;D xx

Luis F. Gomez @ 12:06 pm on 12/10/2009

Nick Jonas and The Administration… definitely is a different stuff from the JoBros, I like the sound and not because is Nick Jonas singing it, its because its a different sound, a great rythm and Im buying the record to support him. This is a different thing, it would be great if Nick Jonas and The Administration go to Guatemala, or the JoBros go to Guatemala! Greetings!!

Courtney @ 3:49 pm on 12/10/2009

Nick is amazing!

Bia @ 8:45 pm on 12/12/2009

YEAH!!!!!!
BRAZIL LOVES JJJ AND NICK JONAS!+3
AND DON’T FORGET…WE LOVE JONAS BROTHERS TOO :))))))

mari and nick @ 12:57 pm on 12/30/2009

nick i love you forever you are my life love a the jonas brothers please escribeme a mari.j.127@hotmail.com please please please I LOVE YOU.

amber @ 7:11 pm on 01/27/2010

Jeez, my cousin told me the Jonas Brothers broke up, and it scared the CRUD out of me. Good thing it’s just a rumor, and Nick’s doing a good job.

Lauren @ 8:09 am on 02/02/2010