Taylor Swift: White Horse Grammy Winner!

Taylor Swift: White Horse Grammy Winner!

Taylor Swift is shocked as she accepts the award for Best Female Country Vocal Performance during the pre-telecast presentations at the 2010 Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon (January 31).

The 20-year-old musician, wearing a mauve Dolce & Gabbana cocktail dress, shared in her speech, “This is my first Grammy, you guys! I mean, this is a Grammy! I live in awe of the people I was nominated with in this category…and thank you to anyone who was a Grammy voter and decided it might be a good idea to vote for me for this because I’m so happy. Thank you so much.”

Taylor‘s “White Horse” also won for Best Country Song.

15+ pics inside of Taylor at last night’s party plus this afternoon. More to come later in the night!

Swift-white taylor swift white horse winner 01

Photos: Larry Busacca/Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty, Adriana M. Barraza/WENN
Posted to: 2010 Grammy Awards, Taylor Swift

Pages: [1] 2 »
Andrea(: @ 6:44 pm on 01/31/2010

Yay! she deserves it!!

jess love jb @ 6:46 pm on 01/31/2010

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS IS CARRIE UNDEWOODS AWARD!!!! JUST A DREAM IS A BETTER SONG THEN WHITE HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

faye @ 6:49 pm on 01/31/2010

@jess love jb: totally agree with you, carrie underwood is mos def the best!

imo @ 6:50 pm on 01/31/2010

White Horse is a great song…it was even on Grey’s Anatomy.
And she’s not shocked. She’s excited. Good for you Taylor. Luv ya

Bob @ 6:51 pm on 01/31/2010

I’m sick of her oh my gosh I didn’t see this coming act. She didn’t deserve any of those two or any awards she’s up for tonight. Carrie Underwood should of won. She can actually sing.

Julia @ 6:53 pm on 01/31/2010

Heck yeah she was shocked! That award shouldn’t have gone to her!! White Horse wasn’t even popular. Carrie out sang everyone in that category with Just A Dream. Taylor’s voice is mediocre at best. What is this music world coming to? You would never have seen Britney Spears win a Female Vocalist award no matter how popular she was back in the day.

elle @ 6:54 pm on 01/31/2010

Awwww, I wanted to be surprised ! The show is coming on in an hour! I hope JustJared doesn’t keep posting the winners. I really wanted to be surprised. :(

It’s alright though. I’m so happy for her! Even though there are better vocalists out there, i’m happy to see she won an award.

Misa @ 6:56 pm on 01/31/2010

@faye: Me too. all the country fans KNOW taylor’s a joke compared to carrie underwoods.Sorry.

jonaslove @ 6:59 pm on 01/31/2010

there are better songs, and DEFINITELY better vocalists, but congrats I guess!! Red carpet is AMAZING though, I saw GAGA looking great as always now I’m just waiting for the Jonas boys<3

Heathter @ 7:00 pm on 01/31/2010

yay! congrats taylor!!

Anna @ 7:16 pm on 01/31/2010

favorite female VOCALS?!?!?!
bullcrap.

Ann @ 7:23 pm on 01/31/2010

I love Taylor Swift

sam @ 7:32 pm on 01/31/2010

hahaha to all the haters.

jen @ 7:32 pm on 01/31/2010

I can not believe she won for best female VOCAL performance again!! It was bad enough at the CMA’s and now again at the Grammy’s??! It’s such an insult to the other ladies nominated who can sing circles around Taylor. They should be pissed.

Smacky35 @ 7:47 pm on 01/31/2010

Yay Taylor! White horse is my fave song of hers!

anonymous @ 8:11 pm on 01/31/2010

I’m so happy for her, this is one celebrity that I feel completely happy for every time she wins an award, almost as if she is a friend. Good work Taylor, you deserved it. Hope you pick up a few more of those grammy awards!

alyson @ 8:11 pm on 01/31/2010

She’s so annoying
she didn’t even deserve either of those awards.
Carrie Underwood blows her out of the water.
I hate how this girl gets catered.
She doesn’t even have a good voice.

emele @ 8:18 pm on 01/31/2010

Is she dating that Cory guy? this is the second time i’ve seen them together, and they look very coupley. they would make a cute couple.

carly @ 8:41 pm on 01/31/2010

oh my gosh if she wins one more thing im goona vomit

nathalia Braga @ 9:22 pm on 01/31/2010

she deserves it!! i love her!

Justzgirl @ 9:34 pm on 01/31/2010

Well what can i say???
Taylor is an AWESOME girl
and she deserved it!

She looked STUNNING as always
Keep it up girl!

Kirreii @ 10:02 pm on 01/31/2010

I’m kind of annoyed that Taylor is winning all these awards just because she’s Taylor Swift. :P
I mean, she’s talented and her voice is pretty good, but for a grammy? Honestly, like everyone said, Carrie Underwood has much better vocals than this girl (not bashing her or anything). I just think that she is way too advertised.
Taylor fans, please don’t start bashing and hating me and saying that I’m jealous of her. Her voice is 20 times better than mine anyways…but I’m just stating my opinion :)

Melissaa @ 10:13 pm on 01/31/2010

Why are you guys being so mean to Taylor?? She’s, like, the youngest girl ever to be nominated for 8 awards, so just leave her alone. Carrie Underwood has been doing this for a longer time, so people think that Taylor should have her chance in the spotlight! Congrats, Taylor!! You totally deserve it!! Love ya. :D

just me @ 10:18 pm on 01/31/2010

I love taylor swift’s songs and all but i can see what people mean when they say that carrie underwood should’ve won because she has a strong vocal range and taylor swift does have a mediocre voice. She probably should’ve won for best country written songs (if they have one) cause i love her songs, with all her songs it has this story that she’s telling to everyone that can relate somewhat to your own. But i’m happy for her and she really looked very shocked with all the pictures, she definitely wasn’t expecting it.

fearless @ 11:18 pm on 01/31/2010

they make a cute couple and all of you are a bunch of jealous losers

Pages: [1] 2 »