Justin Bieber is a Billboard Boy

Justin Bieber is a Billboard Boy

Justin Bieber holds a boombox high above his head as he covers the latest issue of Billboard magazine.

The 16-year-old signer opened up about not wanting to be the next Hannah Montana, playing MSG and the comments he hears about himself from peers. Check it:

On the things he hears about being just a teen pop fad: “There’s more people that like me than there are who hate me, so I kind of brush it off,” he says. “People say, ‘Oh, people just like him because he’s pretty.’ Or the funniest one: ‘When he goes through puberty, he’s not going to be a good singer anymore. How does that make sense when we’ve seen people like Michael Jackson and Usher and Justin Timberlake and all these famous singers do it?”

On not wanting to try acting: “I don’t want to do the Hannah Montana thing.”

On playing Madison Square Garden: “I just think that I have enough fans, so I could pull in the people. I don’t really get nervous anymore. I’ve already performed at Madison Square Garden, and I’ve performed for an hour before. What’s the difference?”

Bigger cover inside…

Justin-billboard justin bieber billboard mag 01

Posted to: Justin Bieber

Pages: [1] 2 »
Rosiie @ 3:49 pm on 03/19/2010

awww he looks so cute!!! love him!!

angela @ 3:50 pm on 03/19/2010

Kind of full of himself isnt he?

jessica @ 3:52 pm on 03/19/2010

he looks like such a little boy in that pic. but hes still cute.

CLICKonME @ 4:07 pm on 03/19/2010

Can”t stand this LITTLE GIRL

Whoa @ 4:20 pm on 03/19/2010

Huh…kind of cocky, isn’t he? Don’t let success get to your head, kid…. and one way of doing that is by not bashing on other teen stars, especially not ones that have been around for so long and have such a strong fan base, like Miley Cyrus. Yes, she did “the Hannah Montana thing”, but she’s more than proved that she can have a very successful career without it.

rock_chick_chic @ 4:37 pm on 03/19/2010

michael jackson, usher and justin timberlake have talent, that is why they still had fans after puberty, this little twit has no talent.

also how does he know more people like him than hate him? has he asked everyone on the planet, or has he just asked girls under the age of 16.

ashley @ 4:41 pm on 03/19/2010

@angela: hes getting to that point=/

M @ 4:42 pm on 03/19/2010

I agree Angela, kinda getting a bit cocky isn’t it. He hasn’t accomplished anything yet, so he needs to stay humble.

Bieber Obsessed @ 4:43 pm on 03/19/2010

GAHHHH!!!
I love him!!
And hate haters!
Whoo, Go Justin!
He looks sexy ;)

angeliz @ 4:49 pm on 03/19/2010

w3ell hes an amazing singer ….and he desrves the best of the world..welll and i prettysure the he can great thing with his talent…..I justin and hes musik!!!! I really hope one day he can win a billboard..ohh an please dont do acting …..be a real singer !!m pleaseeeeeeeeee!

good-one @ 5:04 pm on 03/19/2010

What makes Justin Bieber a class act is his thoughtful acts toward his fans. He gives flowers and sweets and generous meet ‘n’ greet photo ops with fans, etc.

So what if he wears his hair soft and doesn’t yet display chiseled features like say, Dolph Lundgren? He is true to himself. That is authenticity.

Justin Bieber is right about the traps like Hannah Montana posed for Miley Cyrus. More specifically, that trap was stereotyping. Movies and television have a long history of stereotyping groups in society. Blacks endured decades of racially stereotyped roles in the movies patterned after the aw shucks Amos ‘n’ Andy roles of early television. The Simple South stereotype was evident in Hannah Montana, although Miley’s character was not without wealth. But The Beverly Hillbillies represents another such similar stereotype.

Less obvious to young people is that kids are regularly stereotyped in the media, although few realize it enough to object..

Kudos to Miley for figuring it out and props to Justin for realizing that something is not quite right with such roles.

bst @ 5:27 pm on 03/19/2010

@good-one: Stop trying to sound smart, all that stereotype bs has nothing to do with it -.-

——————————————————————————
I like justin’s music and i would probably go to one of his concerts , but i’m starting to dislike him more and more. Just because he’s getting a bit to arrogant…

Lu @ 5:30 pm on 03/19/2010

@angela: Finally someone else notices it.

lulu @ 6:43 pm on 03/19/2010

how did I know before I scrolled down he would have that stupid look on his face? “I have more lovers than haters!” pshh yeah! Urgh, he’s so full of himself! Can’t stand him!

kennedy @ 7:31 pm on 03/19/2010

i mean hes hot ,wonderful singer but a little to early
yo say some things.but he is right

PEACE;]

Lisa @ 8:12 pm on 03/19/2010

whats wrong with you people,hes speaking the truth.there are more lovers than haters.usher & mj was famous when they were little & now they are soo old.they are still a success.hes doing nothing wrong & hes not full of himself at all.he always puts his fans first so stfu

viviana @ 9:12 pm on 03/19/2010

well of course hes gonna get a little cocky…if u got that many gurls freakin tryna do idk wat of course thats gonna effect u!! dont get me wrong i love love love justin! (im defending him duhh..)

me. @ 2:10 am on 03/20/2010

is the Hannah Montana comment really neccessary? i agree with him, but he shouldn’t have said that. he’s not a huge star yet. if he keeps being like this, wait one year and no one will remember him anymore. btw, i like him…but his attitude makes me kinda, ehhhh…

@viviana: WTF?! just look at zac efron or robpat or even taylor lautner (whom i don’t like). they’re HUUUUUGE stars but still really humble.

Zac @ 4:18 am on 03/20/2010

Does this mean he admits to not having gone through puberty yet?! And he is what 16?! HAHAHA

lucy @ 4:21 am on 03/20/2010

a bit cocky there. i think he needs to come back down to earth where he is a teen singer who isnt as big as beyoncey (cant spell it sorry!) or even miley cyrus for that well! atleast her interviews arent this bad. but girl will still like him because hes ‘pretty’ im a 16 year old girl and cant stand him! his musics alright but him as a person seems big headed!

blu @ 11:42 am on 03/20/2010

@angela:
exactly what i thought. kik needs to grow up.

blu @ 11:45 am on 03/20/2010

@good-one:
huhauhauhuahuahuah. i can only laugh at this

blu @ 11:48 am on 03/20/2010

@Zac:
lmao. thank you!

kennedy @ 2:39 pm on 03/20/2010

@Lisa: your so right give him a break

alex @ 2:48 pm on 03/20/2010

who does he think he is, Miley Cyrus is way more famous than him. He crazy.

Pages: [1] 2 »