Miley Cyrus: Designing Home is a Kind of Therapy

Miley Cyrus: Designing Home is a Kind of Therapy

Miley Cyrus is offering up more details about her new home.

Not far from her parent’s place in Toluca Lake, Calif., the 17-year-old told People mag, “I’m actually buying a place. I haven’t moved in yet. I’m still reconstructing and stuff.”

Miley added about the zen feeling, “We did all these different things to make it a place that’s so chill. Like all my couches are on the floor and I have pillows on the floor. It’s just serene – like my own kind of therapy.”

IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO DECORATE your own home, what would it be like?

Photos: Richard Cartwright/ABC
Posted to: Miley Cyrus

Pages: [1] 2 3 »
lu @ 3:38 pm on 04/04/2010

wow!!! I wanna see it :)

victoria @ 3:40 pm on 04/04/2010

I wanna decorate my own house, that would be super fun!
And hmm, probably a very southern feel, and like warm haha :)
I wanna visit her house!

abby @ 3:51 pm on 04/04/2010

I’d move out also if I had her type of money lol.

sarah @ 4:03 pm on 04/04/2010

I really like Miley, and love the stuff she does, but dont u think that she is to young to move out at 17?? She seems to be acting like an adult. I think bad publisity, here we come.

Leesah01 @ 4:07 pm on 04/04/2010

@sarah: Shes not moving at 17 she’s moving when she turns 18.

Beiza @ 4:09 pm on 04/04/2010

She’s only 17 and she’s moving out, what a lucky ***** if I had the money she had I would’ve moved out ages ago…

tess @ 4:21 pm on 04/04/2010

probably something like tuscan style:))

Sarah.nl @ 4:30 pm on 04/04/2010

wtf, she’s only 17? My parents would never let me when I was her age.. even if I had the money she has. and ”Like all my couches are on the floor” well duh where else

Shaylyn @ 4:48 pm on 04/04/2010

It’s funny when she tries to use big words in interviews and it just comes out awkward. Because 99% of the time, it sounds contrived.

riana @ 5:03 pm on 04/04/2010

betcha her boyfriends gonna move in

hey @ 5:14 pm on 04/04/2010

@Sarah.nl:
And everyone have ti live after your way right? she is soon turning 18, let the girl do what she wants. It’s not unusual that people move out between 16 and 18 in many countries and parts of the world. It can actual help alot of people, by teaching them independence. And she is just gonna live a couple of minutes away from her parents. U guys really are way to prude, and hidden away from how the world work.

anon @ 5:24 pm on 04/04/2010

i know shes moving out when she is 18 but tht is still too young to move out.hope she aint goin to move liam in with her cos tht wud be going way too far.however she is trying to hard to be an adult,she should go to college like emily osment is doing and get a degree in sumthin as she has a back up as she cnt act forever plus heard she aint very good in the last song either

Katty @ 5:25 pm on 04/04/2010

I think moving out at seventeen shows bad parenting on her parents part. Yeah, people do it all the time, and no matter who it is, I would still say this. Moving out is not a good idea. She’s 17, she’s living the ‘Hollywood lifestyle’ with paps and trying to be a normal teen while still being famous, and she has an older boyfriend. I just don’t think it’s a good idea, seeing as it will be much easier for her now to be alone with Liam (which is fine, I am just saying, one thing leads to another, and that another can lead to another person, if you know what I mean), and there is the whole drug scene in LA (I am not saying she is on drugs, I am just saying a lot of people like to experiement), and overall, I just don’t see how she would want to. If you want to be a normal teenager, normal teenagers live with their parents, then stay at home, seeing as everyone else stays home at least until after high school, which means almost 19.

I am not trying to bash, merely share my opinion. This is not because of my dislike for Miley, I would be posting the same for Selena, or Demi, or any of the other younger hollywood stars.

me @ 5:39 pm on 04/04/2010

guys? are you serious? what’s the deal about moving out at 17? thats something totally normal. like in germany many kids move out at 16!!! because they have a job or learning a job. so what’s you problem if she does? just because she’s miley und many of you out there are just jealous or haters. i don’t like her either. and i’m annoyed by her. but still this thing is totally ridiculous how you guys act. chill down & get a life :D

m @ 5:41 pm on 04/04/2010

There’s nothing wrong with moving out at 17. Miley is more mature then most people her age anyway because of everything that she has experienced. She has more than enough money to do it, so why not? Her parents won’t be that far away. She probably won’t move out till she is 18 anyway, when she will legally be an adult. She’s growing up, get over it. Most people are 18 are going off to university and that miles and miles away from their parents and they’re perfectly fine!

Who cares if Liam spends a lot of time there? She’s been with him for a long time now, i think they can cope!

Holly @ 5:49 pm on 04/04/2010

I’m moving out in September, so just before her! She said one the reasons for moving out is having loads of siblings, I know how she feels. You don’t want to have to be involved in sibling rivalry and family arguments when you’re 18, you want to be left to make your own choices and not be treated like your younger brothers and sisters. If she wasn’t moving out, people would say she’s dependant on her parents and she can’t do anything for herself. And by the way, when she said couches on the floor, i think she meant low couches, not the usual ones high off the ground.

yo. @ 6:00 pm on 04/04/2010

@Sarah.nl:
haha she meant the cushions.
which i find a little odd but it’s here house && she should feel comfortable. I’m proud of her I wish I could move out into my own place and decorate it myself && have something to call my own but sadly I’m broke.

emily @ 6:01 pm on 04/04/2010

@hey: you need to stop getting your panties in bunch. she was just expressing her view on the subject, which is the whole POINT of commenting.

Holly @ 6:02 pm on 04/04/2010

@Katty: I know how she would want to move out, i’m the same as her, i’m moving out in September, and i’m someone who get’s on really well with my family and spenda most of my time at home. You want to become independanyt and be able to make your own choices. It gets annoying having younger siblings around becuase you end up fighting and you get treated like them. You don’t want to have to fit your life around your family. I don’t know what it’s like in the US but here in England most people move out or get kicked out at 18. But then over here you can finish school at 16.

abby @ 6:07 pm on 04/04/2010

@sarah: Well you have to remember she’s had to grow up very fast, she’s in hollywood and therefore she as well as her family most likely don’t see her as a 17 year old. If I had her type of money I’d move out at that age as well.

I rememeber some actress (can’t remember her name right now) and she moved out of her parents house when she was 16 years old. She didn’t go crazy or anything like that, she just simple moved out.

I mean if she was a normal 17 year old she’d most likely be moving out when she turned 18 and went off to college. So what she’s doing it a year early. A year really isn’t that much time.

abby @ 6:15 pm on 04/04/2010

Might I add Vanessa Hudgens bought her first house when she was 18 and moved out of her parents house just a few days after her 19th birthday………just saying!!!

xoxo @ 6:34 pm on 04/04/2010

Uhm…why is she too young???…most ppl are 17-18 when leaving for college…so yeah, she has more responsibilities since its her home, but its not like she isnt financially stable..i honestly dont get why this is a big deal…most ppl move out around this time..its a part of growing up, and being in the whole hollywood business makes you grow up fast too

abby @ 6:36 pm on 04/04/2010

@xoxo: Exactly, if anything she’s better off them most people who move out at this age. The girls got millions in the bank. She will be very well off. Besides its like right down the street from her parents house. They can check up on her whenever they want.

Smacky35 @ 7:37 pm on 04/04/2010

I wish you people would get your facts straight before going into big long rants. She’s moving out when she’s 18. Which is when people are supposed to move out of their parents home.

NIkka @ 7:41 pm on 04/04/2010

Awee miley is lucky haha
Please do this survey:) http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=vr0k39ajzeqysah734700

Pages: [1] 2 3 »