Chad Duell Joins General Hospital!

Chad Duell Joins General Hospital!

You might remember Chad Duell from Wizards of Waverly Place as Ronald Longcape, Jr., but now, he’s got a different role.

The 22-year-old actor has just joined soap General Hospital as Micheal Corinthos III, the son of Sonny (Maurice Bernard) and Carly (Laura Wright).

Chad‘s new role comes at a pivotal moment in the storyline of Michael, as the secret of his stepmother Claudia’s killer will be revealed to all of Port Charles by the most unlikely of people in town and there will be repercussions for him that will shock and surprise as a result of this news finally being told.

Chad‘s first episode will be on Tuesday, April 20th. Congrats, Chad!

Chad-gh chad duell general hospital 01
Chad-gh chad duell general hospital 02

Credit: Patrick Wymore; Photos: ABC
Posted to: Chad Duell

curiositykilledthecat @ 3:59 pm on 04/12/2010

It’s pure crap.

On some level, it’s nice that he has a job. However, I don’t care that this is his new job. He replaced a actor who DIDN’T EVEN KNOW he was fired until AFTER he had finished taping that day’s episode. This is nothing more than Disney trying to validate some of the horrible actors that they have had on their programmings. I’ve seen him in actor, he’s subpar at best.

I’ve watched this show for years now. The only way as to why he is coming on this show is backstage politics with ABC/Disney or they are making Michael gay. I don’t see why they would replace Drew Garrett for this guy.

jessica @ 4:08 pm on 04/12/2010

damn he looks so different then he looked back on wowp.

Geekay07 @ 4:26 pm on 04/12/2010

OMG!! yea he looks so different in this pic.. any which ways , he is cute!! :)

Lu @ 5:27 pm on 04/12/2010

Wasnt he also on SLOD?

Christine @ 5:30 pm on 04/12/2010

@Lu:

Yeah, as Holden or something, lol don’t really remember his name. He was the one that liked Bailey but she threw bread all over him or something because she thought London was playing a prank on her.

SAmmy @ 5:40 pm on 04/12/2010

I liked the old Micheal, but he doesn’t look half bad.

DEE @ 6:13 pm on 04/12/2010

ill miss the old michael but chad looks like he’ll be great

courtney @ 7:46 pm on 04/12/2010

Aw man NO!! I liked the Michael they had already — he was really good and worked well with the cast. Plus, he looked related to Jason and since he’s supposed to be biologically be related to Jason — it worked. I’m mad he got fired, I don’t like this recast.

Emily @ 12:15 am on 04/13/2010

Business is business people. Drew is gone….Chad is now Michael. I can’t wait to see what he brings. I am sure he is going to be great!

sUMMER @ 12:19 am on 04/13/2010

HE SHOULD NOT HAVE GOT THE ROLE.
DREW GARRET IS AN AMAZING ACTOR AND HE IS MICHAEL CORINTHOS.

charlie @ 3:14 pm on 04/13/2010

I think this is horrible. I actually liked the way the Drew Garret was playing Michael.

From this guys short stint on Wizards, I didn’t think he was that great of an actor. Soap operas are already dying, and this guy isn’t going to help one bit.

elle @ 6:28 pm on 04/13/2010

NOOOOO !!!

I love Drew as Michael ! He doesn’t look like a good Michael at all . :(

Judy @ 7:50 pm on 04/19/2010

Drew was doing a great joy and making a wonderful transition from teenager to the man he was becoming as the son of Sonny. No way I can see this new person as Michael. Just can’t buy it!

Obama is Carter 2.0 @ 4:12 am on 04/20/2010

So is GH sucking so bad in the ratings that are now trying to save the show by getting a sucky Disney actor to try and draw teens to watch it?

Just say the promo.. YUCK the guy looks like a chubby dork.