Emma Roberts: Target Isn't Cheesy

Emma Roberts: Target Isn't Cheesy

Emma Roberts checks her messages on her phone as she heads into a building in Los Angeles on Friday afternoon (April 16).

The 19-year-old actress, who recently told WWD that she would never do a fashion line like Emma Roberts for Target, has caused quite an uproar.

Emma clarified on her Twitter account, “I did not mean for it to sound like I said Target is cheesy. I love Target and have been going there my whole life. I meant to say if I ever design a line I would not put my name on it but do it more anonymously like the Olsens and The Row line.”

Emma-roberts-target emma roberts target not cheesy 01
Emma-roberts-target emma roberts target not cheesy 02
Emma-roberts-target emma roberts target not cheesy 03
Emma-roberts-target emma roberts target not cheesy 04
Emma-roberts-target emma roberts target not cheesy 05
Emma-roberts-target emma roberts target not cheesy 06
Emma-roberts-target emma roberts target not cheesy 07

Photos: INFdaily
Posted to: Emma Roberts

Fernanda @ 2:37 pm on 04/17/2010

she’s sooooo perfect!!! I LOVE HER!

bethatway @ 2:43 pm on 04/17/2010

i hate how they take words and twist them around just to make headlines
shes pretty!

disneygirl @ 2:56 pm on 04/17/2010

shes rlly pretty ….but i think that shes a bit full of herself!

erica @ 3:14 pm on 04/17/2010

you didn’t show the pictures of her smoking cigarettes in her car from this day, i saw them on fabulous-emma.com. i’ve lost respect for her since i found out she smokes.

Ivy @ 3:20 pm on 04/17/2010

I love her style.

winona @ 3:31 pm on 04/17/2010

Why say anything at all?

Sarah @ 6:37 pm on 04/17/2010

ummm she ‘s a smoker. she can go die

ashley.rose @ 8:15 pm on 04/17/2010

Way to harsh Sarah, and why/how would you assume that she smokes.

ILY22 @ 10:23 pm on 04/17/2010

Some of the things that she has said before makes me not like her. Granted she is a talented actress and she knows that. But it’s like she tries so hard to not be summed together with Disney actresses her age. I get she isn’t Disney but there is nothing wrong going that route either. And honestly that statement about Target I think she did mean it in that way. It’s fine if she doesn’t want her name behind it but she can still sell her line at an affordable price rather than have it an expensive clothing dept. like the Olsons did. She said that is what she wants to do.

riana @ 12:05 am on 04/18/2010

cant believe she smokes, i mean im not judging her or anything but it seems weird for someone like her to smoke, she used to be a goody
good kinda
she probably wasnt even

amy @ 6:18 pm on 04/18/2010

NO ONES JUDGING!!! emma roberts DOES smoke. its a fact. and i have lost respect for her, as well as taylor momsen for smoking when they have a TON of little girls looking up to them. i thought america was past this smoking craze but guess not.

elle @ 8:41 pm on 04/18/2010

@riana:

here’s the picture: http://oceanup.com/photogallery?nid=11209&fid=60795

she does smoke. -__-

brenda @ 12:06 am on 04/19/2010

ok she smokes but who cares

love her style and herrrrrrr

she’s so pretty even with that cigarrette

lisa @ 8:18 am on 04/19/2010

print the photos of emma smoking, please emma stop smoking. to brend how stupid you are, i care bad for your health.

jj22 @ 1:14 am on 05/04/2010

If she wants to get Cancer and die then I guess that is her thing!

OMG people are so annoying nowadays with the smoking thing. leave smokers alone, what’s the problem? people choose to do stuff, and is so bad to choose smoking as a pleasurable habit?

what’s wrong with you guys? freaking ignorant moralists.