Power Rangers Morph Onto Nickelodeon

Power Rangers Morph Onto Nickelodeon

Go Go Power Rangers!

Creator Haim Saban is bringing back his ’90s superheroes back to television, L.A. Times reports.

Saban bought back the rights from Disney and just inked a new deal with Nickelodeon to produce new episodes of the popular series. New episodes are slated to premiere in 2011.

“I think this property has significant legs going forward if it’s in an environment where it is nurtured and supported as opposed to being part of a huge portfolio. I think ‘Power Rangers’ can flourish and be more impactful than it has been for the past five years,” Saban shared.

The series originally followed a team of teenagers with attitude are recruited and try save Angel Grove from the evil witch Rita Repulsa and later Lord Zedd Emperor of all he sees and their horde of monsters.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the Power Rangers coming back?

Posted to: Random

Pages: [1] 2 »
Ashley @ 1:32 am on 05/13/2010

Oh my god. Thank you so much. I use to watch it when i was a kid and i dressed up as the pink power ranger on ‘halloween’ one time

Sarah @ 1:33 am on 05/13/2010

This was totally my TV show as a kid. But do they really need to beat a dead horse?

Quedgirl @ 1:33 am on 05/13/2010

I remember the original Power Rangers and I remember Loving it too I wonder what the new one will be like

emily @ 1:36 am on 05/13/2010

hmm i’m glad saban bought it back from disney… since it started to suck ever since disney bought it.. but idk.. i think power rangers has run its course and it’s time for it to end..

It’s wonderful news! BTW, the series already 700 episodes will start to air this fall on Nickelodeon’s digital network, Nicktoons.

diane n. @ 1:47 am on 05/13/2010

@Ashley: me too! haha, i remember i kept taking off the mask because i couldn’t breathe. -_-”
i loved power rangers, but is it really necessary to come out with new episodes?

Darius @ 2:12 am on 05/13/2010

XD, power rangers was around when I was a baby (1991) and its still around when my son is a baby :(

Jade @ 3:06 am on 05/13/2010

Instead of making new episodes, I think they should start re-airing the old, original episodes of the first couple of Power Rangers seasons. I haven’t seen those since I was a kid, so it’d be great to see them again. haha.

@Jade: They will. The original series will be airing this fall on Nicktoons (one of Nickelodeon’s digital channels).

Power Rangers has been going with new episodes each year, up to last year. 2010 is the first year with no new Power Ranger episodes. The show already has a whopping 700 EPISODES in the bag. The new series (with 20 episodes) will be coming to Nickelodeon/Nicktoons next year (2011).

? @ 9:58 am on 05/13/2010

i love that show am so excited to see it again =)

Eric @ 10:25 am on 05/13/2010

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!!!!! YES! GO NICKELODEON!

xonnel @ 10:32 am on 05/13/2010

Eventhough I agree with some people to a degree that Power Rangers has run its course (the same formula is employed in every season), I also happen to think it’s great that a classic is going to be brought back to our screens.

Ather @ 11:23 am on 05/13/2010

About time. Stupid Disney canceled it. Oh well, so we miss it for one year.

scorpius07 @ 11:23 am on 05/13/2010

@Sarah: All the Power Rangers incarnations are based off of the Japanese Super Sentai series, where they create a new theme, a new group and new powers every year.

@Quedgirl: Before Disney stopped producing new episodes, the Super Sentai series next in line to be adapted into Power Rangers was Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. This will undoubtedly become the next incarnation.

@Jade: Disney IS actually doing that, although they’ve “remastered” it, which pretty much means they’ve added a bunch of unnecessary effects that doesn’t at all provide improvements on the super old footage.

Danny McDonald @ 12:07 pm on 05/13/2010

The Power is Morphinomenal!

nkeeyah @ 12:47 pm on 05/13/2010

I wasn’t born until ’93 but I loved the original series! I am so stoked for this. My fave season recently was S.P.D.

GossipGirl @ 1:58 pm on 05/13/2010

I hope the start re airing all the ones before Power Rangers SPD . The rest of the series after them kind of suck. I think the best Rangers were Mighty Morphin and Time Force :)

Alfredo @ 3:44 pm on 05/13/2010

HOPEFULLY THEY WILL MKAE IT ROCK!

I still watch old episodes of power rangers so if its any good il approve otherwise fail BUT if they have the jason david frank(original green and white ranger) in it like they did with dino thunder back in 2004 i think then i will mark it as good lol hes 36 and still cute! and maybe since its not disney it will be less racist/anti-sematic/sexist

To clarify, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers started in 1993 and Disney is currently re-airing the episodes with comic book-like graphics on ABC. Disney owned Power Rangers from 2003 to 2010, none were anti-Semitic, in fact we had our first Jewish Ranger in the SPD season.

simone @ 5:48 pm on 05/13/2010

go go power rangers [ha ha]

Johnny @ 7:43 pm on 05/13/2010

All right thank u so much for Brinnginng the POwer rangers backs with a neW season and a new movie sence 1997. I always watch them whe I was little my favorite season was Turbo.

Ash @ 3:08 am on 05/14/2010

SAAAAWWWWEEEETNESS!!!
I was the original yellow ranger for halloween once. =p My ggma cut slits into the mouth section so I could breath. =p
I love me some Jason! =D

Erica @ 4:52 am on 05/14/2010

I was thinking about downloading the show a while ago!
I wonder how the show will turn out, I loved this when I was a kid xD!

allison @ 6:38 am on 05/14/2010

WIN!!!!!!!!!! :D <3
I don’t care if I’m fifteen now, or if they’re “beating a dead horse,” this is just a freggin’ EPIC WIN!
Way to go, Nick, Way to go!

Pages: [1] 2 »