The girls both took to their social network sites (Facebook and Twitter) to announce the big news. Meaghan shared on her Facebook, “I won’t be going on [the Camp Rock] tour because I will be in Atlanta filming ‘Mean Girls 2!’ I will be playing the lead role of Jo!”
Maiara will be the lead “Plastic,” still yet to be named.
Mean Girls 2 revolves around a new high school student, Jo, who agrees to befriend an outcast, Abby, at the urging of Abby’s wealthy father in exchange for paying all of Jo’s costs for the college of her dreams. Jo and Abby team up to take on the school’s “mean girls,” the Plastics. The story becomes a high stakes battle of loyalty that ultimately comes to a head when one of our heroines finds out that her friendship has been bought and paid for.
CASTING CALL! The flick is looking for background talent to shoot throughout the summer in Atlanta, Georgia. Want to be part of it? Click inside to find out how!
Mean Girls 2 Background Talent Casting Call
WHEN: Saturday, June 26, 2010 from 9AM – Noon
Sunday, June 27, 2010 from 11AM – 2PM
WHERE: The Ernst and Young Building, Lower Level vacancy, 55 Allen Plaza, Atlanta, Georgia 30308
* Anyone with cool/ funky hairstyle, eyeglasses, or “Art Gallery” looks
* High school sports fans, Mom and Dad types, with a Midwest feel
* Casting ages 16 and up and “ALL LOOKS”
* Mall rats, skater looks and preppies!
* Real Cheerleaders and High School Jocks! Come in high school attire.
* Looking for Asian-American and Latin-American actors for very featured bit roles.
* NO LOGOS of any kind please!
* ABSOLUTELY NO RED, NO WHITE, NO BRIGHT COLORED CLOTHING
* NO BUSY PRINTS/PATTERNS
* Come in high school attire, jeans, ringer t-shirts, hoodies, skirts, etc.
* Backpacks, bookbags, beanies, kangols, eclectic outfits and accessories
* Please come in style, simple jewelry is best, with hair and make-up camera ready
BRING: Official state IDs (e.g., driver’s license, birth certificate, U.S. Passport). School IDs will not be accepted. Headshots, if available.