Jackson Rathbone Bends Air in NYC!

Jackson Rathbone Bends Air in NYC!

Jackson Rathbone keeps it sharp in an all-white D&G suit and a Nicolina Royale white leather spiked rose as he arrives at the premiere of his new flick, The Last Airbender, held at Alice Tully Hall in NYC on Wednesday evening (June 30).

The 25-year-old actor sat down with J-14 recently and chatted about the movie.

Jackson shared about the kung-fu training, “I trained in Kung Fu for two months before we went up to Greenland, and I kept training during the shoot. I did have a stunt double named Holland, who is a cool guy. But I never had to use him for any of my fight scenes that you see me in — they’re all me. A couple times the guy I’m fighting is actually my stunt double. He’s in a mask so you can’t see his face. He’s part of the Fire nation and I’m fighting him. It was pretty cool.”

The Last Airbender hits theaters TOMORROW!!!

Jackson-airbender jackson rathbone airbender nyc 01
Jackson-airbender jackson rathbone airbender nyc 02
Jackson-airbender jackson rathbone airbender nyc 03
Jackson-airbender jackson rathbone airbender nyc 04
Jackson-airbender jackson rathbone airbender nyc 05
Jackson-airbender jackson rathbone airbender nyc 06
Jackson-airbender jackson rathbone airbender nyc 07

Credit: Andrew H. Walker; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Jackson Rathbone

Evie @ 10:34 pm on 06/30/2010

There’s something about him that is extremely charming!

Courtney @ 10:45 pm on 06/30/2010

I’m so excited for this movie.

emily @ 10:45 pm on 06/30/2010

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE The Last Air Bender!!!!!!!!!!!! Its going to be super awesome!!!

lerner @ 10:49 pm on 06/30/2010

His faces bug

gabby @ 11:06 pm on 06/30/2010

So excited for this movie!<3 :D
I love the cast.

LG @ 11:20 pm on 06/30/2010

No disrespect to the actors or the fans but have you guys seen the show? Because from what I’ve seen and heard the movie doesn’t really sound that great compared to the show, but than again the movie does have a lot to live up to. At least he kind of looks like Sokka and somebody should probably tell him he is mispronouncing his character’s name. Anyway he looks hot in the suit.

gabby @ 11:25 pm on 06/30/2010

@LG:
No disrespect to you but you obviously haven’t heard that the pronunciation of some of the characters was changed. So, no, he’s not pronouncing it wrong.

N. @ 11:53 pm on 06/30/2010

Why do you never post about Jax on your main site, JJ? He’s not a teenager, he’s 25, and shouldn’t be banished to only your teenage-geared site. He’s an excellent actor and musician and deserves just as much time on your main page as any of his co-stars.

... @ 3:25 am on 07/01/2010

Why would they change the pronunciation? Oh wait, why would they change the ethnicities? I know maybe because they think it will make it a great film?… oh wait….

….this film is getting universally panned. Only 6% on rotten tomatoes. I freaking love the series though, have all seasons on dvd. It sucks that the live action version is 0_O

jsnbaxter @ 2:58 pm on 07/01/2010