Taylor Swift: The Story Behind 'Speak Now'

Taylor Swift: The Story Behind 'Speak Now'

Taylor Swift gets animated with her hands as she sits down to tell the true story behind the title track of her new album, “Speak Now.”

The 20-year-old country starlet shared in the video, “The song was actually inspired by one of my friends. She was telling me a story about her childhood sweetheart-crush guy. They were together in high school and then went their separate ways. I understood it as they were going to get back together. She comes in and tells me that he’s getting married. He had met this other girl who was a horrible person. She made him stop talking to his friends, cut off his family ties, and made him so isolated. And randomly, I was like, ‘Oh, are you going to speak now?’”

Check out the rest of the song’s story from T and a sneak peek below!

Taylor Swift – The Story behind “Speak Now”

Fearless Tour – Appreciation Days

Posted to: Taylor Swift

rachel @ 10:44 pm on 10/04/2010

i love her. she’s the most genuine, sweet, talented, gorgeous musician i have seen. my god, she’s everything you expected to be and more in real life. even more gorgeous face to face and super sweet. she’s forever be my hero!

can’t wait for speak now!!!!

Listen to mayday parade @ 11:03 pm on 10/04/2010

Still not over Joe eh.

georgia @ 11:23 pm on 10/04/2010

I love Taylor. She is hilarious. Ican’t wait to buy the new song and her new album.

erin @ 11:44 pm on 10/04/2010

MY GOD. FREAKING OUT. DOWNLOADED THE SONG ON ITUNES AND GUESS WHAT, TAYLOR HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!! IT SO AWESOME I CAN’T EVEN DESCRIBE IT!!!!! ON REPEAT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

can’t wait for speak now! buying the regular and deluxe cds, omg!!!! 2 years of waiting and it’s worth it!! my god!

david @ 12:31 am on 10/05/2010

What an awesome chick, amazing talent

cmeesmile @ 1:16 am on 10/05/2010

@Listen to mayday parade: Heh, just what I was thinking. Who knows, it could be someone else she’s referring to but the media has made sure we think of Joe or Taylor Lautner first. Speak Now is going to be a great album! =] Can’t wait.

kristy walters @ 2:48 am on 10/05/2010

i luv u taylor swift ur so beautiful xoxo

cris @ 5:52 am on 10/05/2010

very pretty and talented!!!

Bria @ 11:53 am on 10/05/2010

I think it’s nice how much thought and emotion she puts into her music. I love the lyrics. But in all honesty, it sounds like all her other songs. But i’m still excited for the album.

someone @ 2:33 pm on 10/05/2010

Guys, she & Taylor Lautner weren’t actually together. They went on a few dates and that was it. & that whole Joe thing happened a few years ago, come on I’m sure she’s over it by now. Her songs are about past relationships/crushes & those were NOT her ONLY relationships.

ANYWAY, love her & can’t wait for the album <3 :)

ana @ 2:46 pm on 10/05/2010

I loved the idea of a song about “speaking now” in a wedding! haha picture this! go taylor!

heeeeeey (: omg ii absolutely adore this song ….. its awesome like all Taylor Swift’s songs (: keep it up !! yuu rock girl <3

I think that her album ” Speak Now ” is a great album…… Its great that she based it off of somebody else and not her…… about her crush guy…… She has some really good songs from some really good feelings in her heart………. <3
Siincerelly,
Carbajal

Kira Marie @ 9:49 pm on 11/13/2013

Speak now is a great album!!!!!!! I think you should listen to it if you haven’t.