Georgie Henley: The Next Emma Watson?

Georgie Henley: The Next Emma Watson?

Georgie Henley may be done with her run of Narnia films, but her star is just rising.

The 15-year-old actress opened up in a recent interview with The Daily Mail about being hailed as the next Emma Watson, being an ugly duckling and all the hype of Ben Barnes. Check it:

On the comparison to Emma Watson: “‘I take that as a compliment because she is so smart, but I don’t think I could front a Burberry campaign or anything like that. I don’t think modelling is something I could do because I like food too much. I had an Asian platter for two the other day and I finished it all myself. It was so yummy.”

On missing a cue and getting a black eye: “‘The worst thing happened in a sword scene in which I had to fight off four grown men. We had almost got it right on the first take but the camera missed an important bit where I kick one of the men in, er, a not-so-very-nice place, and they wanted me to do it again. So we did it, but then I forgot that I was supposed to duck and one of the men’s sword handles hit me. I had to go to accident and emergency – I had a black eye and massive swelling on one side of my face. We had to continue shooting the next day, so they applied tons of make-up and digitally reshaped my face!”

On not really realizing Ben Barnes was such a heartthrob: “I never really noticed that Ben was good looking. It was so surreal walking down the red carpet at the premiere of Prince Caspian and hearing girls shouting, ‘Ben, I love you’, and ‘Ben, marry me’. No one has shouted at me before, but now that I am a bit older maybe they will!”

On being turned off by Robert Pattinson: “I did like Russell Brand, but he has gone for Katy Perry and I am not like her at all. And I have got a bit of a thing for Bill Nighy, who is really quite old. And I absolutely love Simon Cowell. Then, of course, Robert Pattinson – although I am a bit turned off because so many girls love him.”

On being considered the ugly duckling: “Oh no, there is nothing like that. I am definitely viewed as the ugly duckling in my group. My girlfriends are all very attractive so nobody looks at me like that.”

But the Ugly Duckling grows into a Beautiful Swan…

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader hits theaters on December 10th!

Credit: Ian Gavan; Photos: Getty, The Daily Mail
Posted to: Emma Watson, Georgie Henley

Miia @ 4:49 pm on 12/02/2010

I don’t think she’s an ungly duckling! She’s so beautiful!

emily96 @ 6:05 pm on 12/02/2010

she will never quite live up to emma! no way! I love emma!

JennyOnDeck @ 6:06 pm on 12/02/2010

Georgie is by far an ugly duckling!

janiece @ 6:49 pm on 12/02/2010

i think shes actaully pretty, she’s only 15 and she has potential to be a beauty, she just hasnt grown into her looks yet.

Jessssss @ 6:55 pm on 12/02/2010

@JennyOnDeck: i agree

Jessssss @ 6:58 pm on 12/02/2010

I think Emma Watson is one of a kind. She’s beautiful and talented. I don’t think Georgie can match up to that. Emma Watson is way more talented too.

Celia @ 10:54 pm on 12/02/2010

Whoever said she was the next Emma Watson? Lol. That’s weird. I think those are some big shoes to fill…plus, Emma is still a youngster herself.

Georgie seems pretty talented and I’m sure she will do her own thing. Although…if she was to follow any child star’s footsteps…Emma Watson’s would be a good way to go.

Teen @ 3:23 am on 12/03/2010

Emma looks 12 in that picture.

Ana @ 3:24 am on 12/03/2010

Aww, but Georgie is so beautiful! My guy friend is like falling for her x)

Neve @ 6:15 am on 12/03/2010

She’s not exactly a well spoken young lady is she…

dreamer @ 6:35 am on 12/03/2010

they’re both talented and gorgeous, but in saying that they’re also completely different!

Well..I like them both..but they are only known for one character..so time will tell..when they play other characters who is the better actress. Emma seems unhappy most of the time ..she should smile more. Georgie is a talented kid too..not fair to compare them really.

headstrong @ 11:56 am on 12/03/2010

ugly duckling?! She is gorgeous.
i love this girl. i remember when she was a littlre girl, she is growing up so fast :´)

Dood @ 5:28 pm on 12/03/2010

How about let the current Emma Watson finish being the current Emma Watson before trying to usher “the next” Emma Watson?

anon @ 6:59 pm on 12/03/2010

georgie is pretty. no wait, shes gorgeous. but no, she is no emma. she is not a goodess like emma. she will never be as beautiful as emma. narnia is no harry potter. jeez, let georgie be the first georgie, enough with that ‘next emma watson’ b***s***. i also was kind of offended by that food comment she made. has she ever heard of plus sized models? im superskinny and i eat a LOT. i could eat a double asian platter myself. but i never seem to gain weight.

livelively @ 7:16 pm on 12/03/2010

How is being compared to Emma Watson a compliment ?!!!!

Felicia @ 10:50 pm on 12/03/2010

Not much comparison o_o I love them both but Emma Watson is the Emma Watson to me. Irreplaceable :P

Liz @ 1:37 am on 12/04/2010

Emma Watson is a stand out actress and has good morals too match. No one can be the ‘next’ emma watson, they can only be them selves.

Emma Watson FTW <3

TAY @ 8:59 am on 03/19/2011

..watson is prettier..

TAY @ 9:01 am on 03/19/2011

..watson is more beautiful..henley’s not skinny,either way not chubby,but really not skinny..watson is..xD

aNONYMOUS @ 10:07 am on 10/14/2011

Well, I like so much Georgie but I don’t think she is a new Emma Watson. Emma it’s semi-perfection… and, I LIKE SO MUCH GEORGIE OKAY GUYS?! Ok.

this is our land ! @ 4:54 am on 01/07/2012

Georgina Henley is cuter than Emma Watson. She has a higher appeal compared to Emma. And I do enjoy watching her, not that I don’t with Emma but in such things in Hollywood or British films, actresses are only for sex appeal (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Megan Fox, Angelina Jolie, etc.) but Georgina is not.

Georgina Henley is so adorable !

queennarniafan @ 8:27 pm on 01/17/2012

I think Georgie is such a gorgeous girl more than emma. Emma never seems to be happy unlike Georgie who always has a gorgeous smile on her face. Besides never been a fan of HP but always a fan of Narnia. She is such a smart, talented, and beautiful person