Emma Watson Taking A Break from Brown

Emma Watson Taking A Break from Brown

Emma Watson is taking a short break from her studies at Brown to finish up professional projects.

The 20-year-old actress shared the news in a letter on her official website.

“As you know, I love Brown and I love studying pretty much more than anything but recently I’ve had so much to juggle that being a student AND fulfilling my other commitments has become a little impossible,” Emma wrote, adding, “I’ve decided to take a bit of time off to completely finish my work on Harry Potter (the last one comes out this summer) and to focus on my other professional and acting projects.”

“I will still be working towards my degree… it’s just going to take me a semester or two longer than I thought : ),” Emma concluded.

Credit: Benett; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Emma Watson

celia @ 1:41 pm on 03/07/2011

Smart decision. She’s got so much going on in terms of films and fashion that there’s no way she can fit it all in. There are simply not enough hours in a day. And with Brown being in America and a lot of her professional commitments being overseas, that’s an added stress.
Poor thing, this must have been such a hard decision for her considering how committed she is to her education.
But like she said, she can pick it back up in about one or two semesters when she’s had time to catch up.

mari @ 1:47 pm on 03/07/2011

maybe she is signing up for that Incarceron movie after all..

celia @ 2:02 pm on 03/07/2011

@mari:

She starts promoting Deathly Hallows II this summer and she will also start filming Perks in June. Then she will promote My Week With Marilyn sometime near the end of the summer.

I don’t think she has time for another movie, plus her reps denied that Incarceron movie.

dizzy @ 2:54 pm on 03/07/2011

I was wondering how she was juggling so much with out breaking down. It’s good that she’s taking her time. She’s going to be a busy girl this year and she might suffer in school if she was still there. I know she’ll go back soon and be that exceptional student she is.

______ @ 3:45 pm on 03/07/2011

Aww poor saint Emma she has so many things going for her. It’s ok babe take the time you need. So glad she’s doing Perks. Can’t wait to see Hermione one last time this summer. *sigh* perfect woman can’t have Damn!

Ingrid @ 8:00 am on 03/09/2011

no matter what are your decisions emma, i will still support u :)