David Archuleta: Rising Star Outreach in India Trip -- PICS!

David Archuleta: Rising Star Outreach in India Trip -- PICS!

David Archuleta is a hands-on kind of guy in this new shot from his recent trip to India.

The 20-year-old “My Kind of Perfect” singer recently traveled overseas to India in support of Rising Star Outreach, where he learned first hand what the organization does and stands for.

Rising Star Outreach’s mission is to help the Leprosy colonies become thriving, self-sufficient communities. In India there are over 700 “leprosy colonies.”

Check out a few pics below, courtesy of Archuleta Fan Scene.

David-india david archuleta rising star outreach 01
David-india david archuleta rising star outreach 14
David-india david archuleta rising star outreach 15

Photos: Ron Gunnell via Archuleta Fan Scene
Posted to: David Archuleta

Pages: [1] 2 »
Jess @ 7:43 pm on 03/13/2011

Great pictures! He’s such a good example.

beatriz @ 7:55 pm on 03/13/2011

he is so sweet (:
i love his personality.

Becca @ 7:57 pm on 03/13/2011

He just doesn’t talk the talk, he walks the walk. He truly is an amazing young man. Not about “what I can buy myself to make me look cool kind of guy” But a what I can do to help others.

Pascalee @ 8:03 pm on 03/13/2011

What a great guy! I just love him!

nl @ 8:48 pm on 03/13/2011

I love his cd The Other Side of Down!

Kiley @ 8:50 pm on 03/13/2011

I really like David. He’s just a really good person. He’s also very hot in these pictures.

waffles @ 9:28 pm on 03/13/2011

David is beautiful inside and out! (and yep, hot!). I love that he has his priorities straight and that his passion shines both in his music and in his life. I love him SOOOOO much!!!

angelofdja @ 9:49 pm on 03/13/2011

This experience has David pondering life. I can certainly understand why.
I’m looking forward to what he has to say through his music. Can’t wait!

violet4ever @ 10:19 pm on 03/13/2011

Beautiful and moving photos – thanks for posting them! David helped out with blood pressures then helped wash the feet of lepers. The dark-haired lady with him is his lovely mom. I’m so glad David finally had a chance to visit RSO. David and his fans have been helping support RSO for a while. And I’m happy the kids got to meet David!

cassidy @ 10:44 pm on 03/13/2011

Thanks for these wonderful pictures of David and his mom (Lupe) in India! He is such an inspiration to everyone and he never calls attention to himself. He just goes about doing good without making a big fuss. Love David for being a great humanitarian and wonderful talent!! If you haven’t purchases his new cd “The Other Side of Down”, please go get it. It is so positive and upbeat and David co-wrote 10 of the 12 songs.

Jean @ 11:34 pm on 03/13/2011

Thanks for posting those wonderful and heartfelt photos. David’s trip to India for RSO was so inspiring, both to David and to his fans. I feel honored to be a fan and supporter of David’s. His heart is always in the right place and just shines through his music and his incredible talent.
Love and respect that guy so much. I can’t get enough of his music either!

glam @ 12:03 am on 03/14/2011

awww :) It’s the sincerity that truly counts.

djafan @ 12:21 am on 03/14/2011

David continues to impress me, not only as a artist but as a person. I’m patiently anxiously waiting for more music and appearances soon.

Thank you JustJared for posting this.

Lawrence @ 3:35 am on 03/14/2011

He’ such a sweetheart!.

Ella @ 5:11 am on 03/14/2011

amazing man. :)
such an inspiration.

Sam @ 8:20 am on 03/14/2011

People should learn from David. He’s such an amazing person and also a fantastic artist. Kudos to you, David! :)

Kath @ 9:06 am on 03/14/2011

David….is just full of love and kindness. He is such a bright light in our world today and personifies “goodness!” I feel so blessed to have met David, become a fan, and try to be more like David in my life. He is such an inspiration. He truly leads by his example. I hope he was able to sing to the children and patients, as that would have been an unforgetable gift to them. His beautiful voice and his beautiful heart are just a “gift that keeps on giving.”!

jen @ 9:40 am on 03/14/2011

these pics are all so moving and touching!!!! :D there really aren’t many people in the world like him!!! his heart is just huge and warm!!! :D

js @ 10:19 am on 03/14/2011

Wow!! He continues to impress me all the time!!

lct @ 11:34 am on 03/14/2011

It’s good to see artists like David who truly care about the world! And for this I respect him so much!

Portia11 @ 11:36 am on 03/14/2011

Thanks JJJ! Love the pictures, David is very special.

Moonie @ 12:23 pm on 03/14/2011

David’s just so special in every way, those are amazing pictures! Thanks.

gwen @ 1:19 pm on 03/14/2011

David is such a REAL kind and caring person. Just love that young man.

Sparkles @ 1:43 pm on 03/14/2011

David is a true example of what should be important in life. He uses his celebrity to support charities, such as Rising Star Outreach, Invisible Children, Childrens’ Miracle Network, Muscular Dystrophy, and so many more. If it was not for his fans, we would never know how involved he is with charities as he does not announce these involvements. His fans do. In India, David did have an opportunity to sing for and with the children. I am proud to be a fan. His new album, The Other Side of Down, is excellent. I love it. Go and buy it.

nancy @ 2:46 pm on 03/14/2011

David is such an inspiration and a role model to many not only because of his music (his album The Other Side of Down is amazing) and talent but because of his kind heart and continuing efforts to help those in need. I feel blessed to be his fan.

Pages: [1] 2 »