Josh Hutcherson is Straight, Not Narrow & 'Hunger Games' Hopeful

Josh Hutcherson is Straight, Not Narrow & 'Hunger Games' Hopeful

Josh Hutcherson is fedora fresh as he attends the premiere of his flick, Detention, during the 2011 SXSW Film Festival in Austin, Texas over the weekend.

The 18-year-old actor caught up with EW on the red carpet to chat about another movie he has his eye on — The Hunger Games!

Josh shared, “I love Peeta. The character is so much who I am—self deprecating, a people person. And he’d be such a great character to play! Like in the third book? Oh my God.”

Josh also just recorded a new Straight, But Not Narrow PSA. Check it out below!

Spencer Locke and Shanley Caswell are also pictured.

Josh Hutcherson – Straight, But Not Narrow
Josh-hunger josh hutcherson hunger detention 01
Josh-hunger josh hutcherson hunger detention 02
Josh-hunger josh hutcherson hunger detention 03
Josh-hunger josh hutcherson hunger detention 04
Josh-hunger josh hutcherson hunger detention 05

Credit: Hutton Supancic; Photos: WireImage
Posted to: Josh Hutcherson, spencer locke, The Hunger Games

Abby @ 1:40 am on 03/17/2011

What is it with like EVERY actora/actress and these hunger game movies?

Helen @ 1:51 am on 03/17/2011

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh i want him to be peeta =D i loved the series and i think Josh would be perfect to play him =D

sam @ 1:59 am on 03/17/2011

so hot and cute

Chanon @ 2:07 am on 03/17/2011

I love this guy, but I don’t think he would suit Peeta very much. LOL why does everyone want to be a part of the Hunger Games? I’m gonna laugh if the movies sucks ass.

Troy @ 2:27 am on 03/17/2011

The reason why so many younger actors and actresses want to be a part of “The Hunger Games” is for the reason that Josh said they’re great compelling characters. It’s that simple. As far Josh being right forPeeta is concerned I’m not sure. I only really remember him from “Zathrua.” I also saw “journey to the Center of the Earth” but that really didn’t stick with me becauase I really don’t remember it at all but that applies to the whole movie not just him. But I will say I do appreciate his enthusiasm for the role. So I’ll put him down as a definite maybe.

But since “The Hunger Games” is supposed to start shooting in May iwith a release date only a year away I just wish they would announce SOMEBODY has been cast for SOMETHING in this movie.

Lawrence @ 3:37 am on 03/17/2011

Josh is such a babe!.

Angel @ 12:03 pm on 03/17/2011

he is so night right for this film. ick

pup @ 1:43 am on 03/18/2011

No!! Hunter Parrish for Peeta all the way!

Sel @ 2:50 am on 03/18/2011

Logan lerman would be better.
I want hunter parrish i think.

erin @ 8:27 pm on 03/30/2011

I had the priviledge to go to High School with Shanley Caswell, I didn’t really know her much then but we do talk now, and I must say I am excited to see this movie… I have seen her career take off from the little guest apperances to this. I am so proud of her, and I tell her everytime I see her in something! :) She is a sweetheart!