Lucas Grabeel on Ashley Tisdale: She's 'Like A Sister'

Lucas Grabeel on Ashley Tisdale: She's 'Like A Sister'

Our pals over at MissTisdale just had a cool interview with Lucas Grabeel and JJJ just has to share some of what he said.

The 26-year-old actor dished about being involved in Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, his upcoming ABC Family series and how he’s ready to make more music now. Check it:

On re-recording “Baby” for the Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure: “It was really cool. I had never heard- obviously I’d heard of Justin Bieber before [recording] but that was the first song I had ever heard of his, just to learn it [for recording]. Obviously I knew he was some kind of pop sensation and when I heard the actual track it was you know, pretty much what I expected to hear. Pretty young, pop sound type stuff, but I think he’s got a long career ahead of him for sure.”

On describing Ashley Tisdale: “Like a sister.”

On sharing his music with the world: “I’ve been writing music for a very long time, since I was probably 12 years old. But it was always a hobby or something that would just you know, suffice the friends and family necessities. But now I feel like it’s time that I get serious with it and actually release some music to everyone. I’m writing like crazy right now, I’m recording all the time and I’m trying to get ready for something- I don’t know what. My hope is to get a record deal by the end of this year.”

On his upcoming series, Switched At Birth: “It’s a really interesting concept and kind of makes you think about parents and children and family and what family means to all different walks of life. It’s really interesting. I saw the pilot a few weeks ago and I really, really liked it so I’m super excited about this. I play the brother in the well to-do family.”

Check out the rest of Lucas‘ interview at MissTisdale!

Photos: Disney Channel
Posted to: Ashley Tisdale, Lucas Grabeel

Fauve c @ 8:32 am on 04/06/2011

He’s such a sweetheart even on Twitter and his Ustreams he is appreciative that people still keep up with him. He also did a wonderful job as Lex Luthor in Smallville!

kerri @ 8:40 am on 04/06/2011

He is a nice guy. I am glad some of the cast from hsm are still friends. I know that Vanessa and Ashley are still friends even though we hardly see them together. I guess they are really busy. Zac and vanessa on the other hand i have no idea. I still miss them.

Tata @ 8:41 am on 04/06/2011

Lucas is a very talanted and smart guy, it’s not so often you meet people like that in Hollywood

lauren @ 9:14 am on 04/06/2011

what is the point of this movie?
hsm was over two yrs ago, disney needs to stop making sequels.

julie @ 9:30 am on 04/06/2011

i read the comments and may i just say i’m SO happy to see lucas still has fans. @Tata you’re so right, that’s one of the reasons i like him so much. @kerry, yeah, they’re friends indeed, it’s not that often u see castmates being such close friends, but i think it’s because of the hsm magic. there was just something special in that movie and there still is. @lauren that’s why ashley decidet to make a spin-off, it’s just she didn’t do it the right way. we need a sequel, but after 10 years, like a reunion. that’d be the perfect ending.

2bedatcool @ 3:47 pm on 04/06/2011

lucas i is awesome cant wait for his new show

Merlin's mum @ 10:13 am on 04/07/2011

It’s such a shame that some people only seem to use jjj, twitter etc to spread their own twisted hate. Go watch Bambi and listen to what’s quoted on there. ‘If you can’t say nothing nice.. Don’t say nothing at all’ LOL@lauren:

laquida @ 10:41 pm on 04/08/2011

i’m missed lucas so much!! awwwwww i’m glad lucas is back! and thats great that he came to support ashley and he looks to her as a sister! congrats to lucas on doing his new project and planning on making a album! many blessings to come in your future endeavors! love u luc!:):)