Mortal Instruments: Nico Tortorella for Jace Wayland?

Mortal Instruments: Nico Tortorella for Jace Wayland?

Putting The Hunger Games to the side, let’s take a look at the Mortal Instruments series — another book series that is gaining headlines by being turned into a movie.

While we know and have heard that Alex Pettyfer is a favorite for Jace Wayland, Scream 4 star Nico Tortorella is also interested it seems! “Jace is the go-to character for me,” he told MTV. “It’s still a bit early on that movie, and you know everyone and their brother is up for it. We’ll hopefully see how that unravels.”

What is Lily Collins‘, who has been cast as Clary, opinion? “Jace is confident and knows he’s confident,” she shared. “He’s good-looking and knows he’s good-looking. He’s got that je ne sais quoi, in that he walks into a room and you go, ‘Wow.’ He knows he’s the best thing in the room.”

Lily added, “The amazing thing is that they really want my input, which is a complete honor…having been the first cast in the series, they want my input on the character, so that’s huge for me.”

WHO ARE YOU casting for Mortal Instruments?

Credit: Max Morse, Christian Rios; Photos: Getty, Fiasco Magazine
Posted to: Lily Collins, Mortal Instruments, Nico Tortorella

Pages: [1] 2 »
Dea @ 7:42 pm on 04/13/2011

Old news. Plus, he’d make a horrible Jace, doesn’t even look anything like the part and his acting skills are mediocre. “Jace Wayland?” Hmph, he can keep on dreaming.

leahtaylorbouch @ 9:24 pm on 04/13/2011

yay she is going to be a good clary, and i hope they pick alex pettfyer to play jace.

blah @ 11:55 pm on 04/13/2011

o gosh just cancel the movie, lily collins is NOT clary fray (maybe danielle panabaker) and i just want the books into movies thing to just stop

BECKY @ 2:37 am on 04/14/2011

prefer alex, but i would settle for him to. though want alex =(

Stella @ 7:19 am on 04/14/2011

NO WAY … we still want Alex Pettyfer, deal with it. He’s not even blond.

JENNIFERNXJACEW @ 7:22 am on 04/14/2011

NO NO NO NO! I have seen fanart of him blond and… NO does not suit. And Jace MUST be blond and look naturally blond. Alex Pettyfer for Jace Wayland ALWAYS!

sahina @ 9:58 am on 04/14/2011

@Stella:

a person can change their hair colour, you know.

why are hollywood making so many books into films these days?? can’t they come up with their own original stories?

molly @ 12:23 pm on 04/14/2011

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It HAS to be Alex Pettyfer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

molly @ 12:24 pm on 04/14/2011

@Stella:

Totally Agree

And even if he did dye his hair blonde he still looks nothing like jace
Alex pettyfer is so much like jace should be its scary…its as though jace was created around alex…who knows…maybe he was

Lucy @ 1:58 pm on 04/14/2011

ALEX PETTYFER!!!!!!!
I think he’d be a better Alec or Magnus…

Allie @ 2:07 pm on 04/14/2011

They’re all adapting books because they have a guaranteed fanbase which equals guaranteed box office hit (usually). Any original story is a hit or miss.

If someone’s right for the role, doesn’t matter what their hair colour is. Alex would have been so wrong for Peeta, even though he looked the part.

Lizbeth @ 7:02 pm on 04/14/2011

@Stella: i soooo agree with you WE WANT ALEX PETTYFER!!!

Dena @ 9:18 pm on 04/14/2011

He looks more like Alec or maybe even Sebastian in the third book.
I still really want Alex Pettyfer for Jace ;)

ynamee @ 10:22 pm on 04/14/2011

Awwww.. I love Alex Pettyfer for Jace Wayland. I mean, he just fits in the character of Jace, especially his looks. So, I hope that ALEX will be playing the role of JACE.. HOPE SO!! :)

alex @ 4:10 am on 04/15/2011

No! Just no. No.
Look, I was very upset with the hunger games casting, so please don’t screw this movie up!

nAYE @ 2:48 pm on 04/15/2011

Alex Pettyfer!!!! please!!!

MI @ 11:02 pm on 04/15/2011

after reading city of fallen angels i cannot think anyone for jace but ALEX PETTYFER! he has to play Jace. im keeping my fingers crossed

Jules @ 12:18 am on 04/17/2011

@Stella: I totally agree with you.
And… He is so Alec! I can imagine he as Alec, for God’s sake!

Qual o problema em encontrar alguém com as características certas ou quem nós queremos?! aff.

tonyA @ 9:40 am on 04/17/2011

@sahina i agree , the just screw them up. think twilight

jERRYW @ 2:10 am on 04/21/2011

Tyler Kyte (Canadian Actor) from Instant Star would make a great Jace. He’s got the look, the cockiness, humor, and humility.

See photos:

Please not Alex Pettyfer – Jace is witty and humorous. Alex can’t do funny.

anon @ 4:07 am on 04/25/2011

yeah no.
he can be Alec, yeah a really good one, but just no not Jace. And I doubt jERRYW that at this late stage that they’ll be picking little unknown stars for such a big role.

evona @ 3:15 pm on 04/28/2011

I gotta feeling Alex will say no to Mortal Instrument. He seems to hate big projects.
i honestly truly pray that he will take it though. He is the one and only Jace!

Ashlee @ 11:43 am on 04/29/2011

I would really like for Alex to play the part, but if he is not going to accept (and he needs to just say so already!) I think Thad Luckinbill would be perfect as well

nicole @ 1:24 pm on 04/30/2011

I think he looks more like a Sebastian.. sorry but Jace was MADE for Alex Pettyfer. My opinion…

izzy @ 3:22 pm on 05/08/2011

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo hes all wrong, why wont u kill me there NEVER going to get my jace right, its ruining my life~!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 »