Nastia Liukin Not Sure about 2012 Games

Nastia Liukin Not Sure about 2012 Games

Nastia Liukin shows off her team spirit as she attends the Team USA photo call and autograph signing at the NBC Experience Store in New York City on Wednesday morning (July 27).

During a stop at NYU the day before, the 21-year-old Olympian dished to the Associated Press that she’s still unsure of her return to the 2012 Olympic Games which will be held in London.

“It’s starting to all get real. It’s like, ‘All right, you’ve got to figure everything out, because tomorrow’s exactly a year.’ It’s a little overwhelming trying to make that decision. But whatever I decide to do, I have to accept that,” she shared.

Nastia added, “But it’s that passion that burns inside of you to try to go to another Olympics. Once you’re there, you just want to go back, and you want to be part of the U.S. team again.

“For the past three years, my lifestyle has changed dramatically. To be able to go back to training seven hours a day, six days a week, would be a little bit hard at first, and saying no to really cool and unique opportunities that I’ve had a chance to do. But the end product of being at the Olympic Games and wearing that U.S. flag on your sleeve and on the back of your jacket is totally worthwhile.”

WOULD YOU LIKE to see Nastia back on Team USA in London?

Nastia-nbc nastia liukin nbc experience 01
Nastia-nbc nastia liukin nbc experience 02
Nastia-nbc nastia liukin nbc experience 03
Nastia-nbc nastia liukin nbc experience 04
Nastia-nbc nastia liukin nbc experience 05

Credit: T Rosh, Mike Stobe; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Nastia Liukin

James @ 11:26 pm on 07/28/2011

Nice. Nastia is looking hot. I would love to see her at the 2012 Olympics. But I assume that would be very hard considering her age.

marissa @ 11:30 pm on 07/28/2011

yes!!!!!! nastia please come back. at least just do bars, you are so good at bars

rio @ 6:10 am on 07/29/2011

def. not.although I miss her amazing routines so very much,I don’t think she’s going to go for 2012.But it’s acceptable when she’s already 21 years old and the status of her body is not as good as it was in 2008.And does anyone know if she’s gonna be a competitor for the 2011 nationals?

todd @ 6:30 am on 07/29/2011

Her boobs are too big now to compete with the best.

Mindy @ 6:49 am on 07/29/2011

If Nastia hasn’t already committed then the decision is already made.

Nastias #1 fan @ 8:23 am on 07/29/2011

Defo she is so amazing and I think shr could get gold again I believe in her defiantly GO NASTIA GO NASTIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xoxoxox

Kevo @ 11:36 am on 07/29/2011

Sorry folks, she has let her self go, she could never get back in shape and be competitive within one year, it is impossible, she’s gotten too Babushka-ish…She was my fave and I predected her win, but now it is not posible….

tyler fritz @ 11:45 am on 07/30/2011

Yes indeed! I am a really big fan! I’d love to see her compete! I love her so much! She is the most beautiful gymnast I’ve ever seen in my whole life.

nastia's #2 fan lol @ 8:25 pm on 08/05/2011

@Kevo: Ha, you are right, “babushka-ish”…funny. Yeah, I think she won’t compete. If she was really passionate about coming back – she should of been training in the gym already. the longer she waits, she will not compete next year. Plus, remember sasha cohen in figure skating, she trained for less than 1 year and couldn’t even qualify to be on the usa team. liukin is my favorite and she should do it!!!