Lily Collins: 'Jamie Campbell Bower is Jace'

Lily Collins: 'Jamie Campbell Bower is Jace'

Judging from our recent post, not many of you are ecstatic that Jamie Campbell Bower nabbed the role of Jace Wayland in The Mortal Instruments…but Lily Collins is.

The 22-year-old actress, who’ll play lead Clary in the film adaption tells MTV, “From the second he walked, he carried himself in this way that was just Jace from the get go. The second he started playing with the scene with me, everything was just so natural. He didn’t even seem like he was trying. He was just Jace.”

Lily added about filming dates, “It’s been very much kind of up in the air with the dates. I’m awaiting information like everyone else…It’s exciting that they have more time to properly put the pieces together and focus on getting the rest of the casting right and perfecting the script.”

ARE YOU EXCITED for The Mortal Instruments?

Credit: Dave Hogan, Jason Merritt; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Jamie Campbell Bower, Lily Collins, Mortal Instruments

Stan @ 1:52 pm on 09/08/2011

Lily is soooooooooooo AWSOME !

Mina @ 4:16 pm on 09/08/2011

Can’t wait to the movie. Simply adored the books.

Carla @ 4:53 pm on 09/08/2011

I’m looking forward to seeing the movie

vianny @ 5:53 pm on 09/08/2011

Can’t wait fot the movie, i’m totally addicted with the books.
Lily and Jamie are perfectooooo!!!!

Tracy @ 6:55 pm on 09/11/2011

Are you people crazy? Have you seen this guy act? He will be perfection as Jace. You can take that to the bank!

Allison @ 12:59 pm on 09/19/2011

I personally thought this movie could be bigger than twilight or harry potter. BUT not with Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace. So disappointed. I was thinking someone like Paul Wesley. A beautiful male actor. I will definitely still see the movie.. I’m just upset about Jace, I HATED Camelot because I believed Jamie’s acting just wasn’t that great. I just can not picture him as Jace!!! I hope he does good tho. :) (maybe gain 20 pounds before the movie…..

Alyssa-nicole @ 3:18 am on 01/15/2012

I’m sorry but I just can’t imagine Jamie as Jace. Alex Pettyfer’s an IDIOT for passing up that role and as bratty as I sound, I don’t think I want to watch the movie anymore :(

But I fully support Lily Collins playing Clary. I don’t care if the description doesn’t match up, she is perfect!

margarita @ 7:58 pm on 03/19/2012

@Allison: @Alyssa-nicole: You to are picking guys only on looks and not thinking about wheater they can act or not. Yes, i was a hater too at first but then I started watching an interview of Jamie and I realized something. He fits the part better than Alex, who is only looks but no talent, and mosely dude, hes okay but he doesnt seem the part. We should be glad that they are taking the time to pick the actors carefully unlike the Twiight and the hunger games who just wannted to get the movies out there regardless if the characters were gonna match up or not.

margarita @ 8:00 pm on 03/19/2012

@vianny:
thats what im saying!!!They are perfect regardless of what people might think. Just look at their faces and you’ll see that they fit the part perfectly. They have really taken the time to pick the right people for this book/movie!!