Jake Abel: The Host's Ian!

Jake Abel: The Host's Ian!

Jake Abel is in final negotiations to star as Ian in the upcoming film adaption of The Host, Deadline reports.

The 23-year-old actor will star as Ian, a “menacing young man who brutalizes Wanderer (Saoirse Ronan) before falling in love with her.”

The Host summary: Melanie Stryder (Ronan) is one of the last humans putting up a fight against an alien species called Souls. These parasites invade human bodies, fuse to each person’s consciousness and systematically erase their personalities.

This marks the second film Jake and Saoirse have done together. They starred in The Lovely Bones in 2009.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Jake’s casting?

Credit: Matt Carr; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Jake Abel, Saoirse Ronan

Jessica @ 9:21 pm on 11/10/2011

Well, he appears very fast on the Lovely Bones, which was recalled after it was him, I don’t know his work, I can not say anything, just when to release the film.

But I know that Saoirse will be amazing <3

.... @ 7:45 am on 11/11/2011

I love Jake!!!!

Miia @ 7:02 am on 11/12/2011

I always pictured Ian with black hair and blue eyes. Oh well, I guess he’ll do fine.

Caroline @ 8:12 pm on 02/13/2012

@Miia: He is described as a tall guy with black hair and blue eyes. They’ll probably dye his hair black for the movie like they did for Katniss’s actress in the Hunger Games.

Caroline @ 8:12 pm on 02/13/2012

Gemma @ 11:25 am on 02/25/2012

I don’t like him as Ian. I’m sure he’s a great actor but Ian O’Shea has dark hair and blue eyes. I know they can change that but Black hair should be natural or he’s going to look washed out, no matter how much fake tan they put on him.
Also, and I’m really sorry for saying this, he’s just not good looking enough to play Ian. When you picture Ian you don’t picture that. He’s…well, to put it bluntly, ugly.
Not happy at all.
Like Max Irons as Jared though and Diane Kruger as the seeker.

Keiryn @ 1:11 pm on 02/27/2012

yes, you are right, I love Ian and I don´t want Jake to do it, he is good looking when he is serious, but when he similes he is ugly, and I think Ian is that kind of people that is always smiling, isn´t it? My favourite for playing Ian is Ian Somerhalder!!! He is soooo atractive, and he has blue eyes!! Sincerely, I will not wait for the host with the same enthusiasm if Jake becomes Ian…

Keiryn @ 1:12 pm on 02/27/2012

I don´t like him!!!!!!! I love Ian and I don´t want Jake to do it, he is good looking when he is serious, but when he similes he is ugly, and I think Ian is that kind of people that is always smiling, isn´t it? My favourite for playing Ian is Ian Somerhalder!!! He is soooo atractive, and he has blue eyes!! Sincerely, I will not wait for the host with the same enthusiasm if Jake becomes Ian…

GKing @ 3:49 am on 04/07/2012

I think Jake as Ian is a perfect casting choice. He’s going to do the character justice, I know it. Can’t wait for the movie!!!!!