Austin Butler Joins 'The Carrie Diaries'

Austin Butler Joins 'The Carrie Diaries'

Austin Butler is headed back to the CW.

The 20-year-old actor has been cast as Sebastian Kidd in The Carrie Diaries, Deadline reports.

He’ll star opposite AnnaSophia Robb, as a “brooding heartthrob and ultimate insider who always plays the outsider. His presence at Carrie’s school will shake things up in a big way.”

The series is based on Candace Bushnell’s novel, a prequel to her best-seller “Sex And The City” which was adapted to the HBO show. It chronicles Carrie’s coming of age in the 1980s when she asks her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while exploring the worlds of high school and Manhattan.

Austin previously starred in the CW’s Life Unexpected and more recently, ABC Family’s Switched at Birth as Wilke.

Credit: Jason Merritt; Photos: Lesley Bryce, Getty
Posted to: AnnaSophia Robb, Austin Butler

Katty @ 12:43 am on 03/06/2012

I am actually excited for this because I like Sex & the City and Carrie was my fave <3 haha. I am happy Austin was picked to star in it, honestly I have never really seen him in anything, but I want to. Hopefully he plays his part well and the show gets picked up/gets a long run!

Austin has fascinated me since he has started dating Vanessa. When I like stars I like them for their personalities (hence why I love Nessa) and I have taken a liking to him as of late. He treats her well and seems like a good guy and if he is actually a good actor I might start to really like him!

Excited for the show! Can't wait for it to start production.

Haters Suck! @ 1:04 am on 03/06/2012

congrats on the gig austin. Good luck.

malu @ 1:56 am on 03/06/2012

Good luck Butler!make nessa proud!:)

maria @ 6:54 am on 03/06/2012

Didn’t know much about him, other than the fact that he was in two movies with Tisdale, and that they were friends. Honestly, I think Vanessa has great taste in men. Austin seems like a relly nice guy in interviews, and has good values. He was a model, which is no suprise with his good looks and great body. Is well spoken and intelligent. He’s been steadily getting work, so his rep must be good as well. Wish him the best with this new project!

lai @ 7:37 am on 03/06/2012

congrats Austin!!!!!!!!

Elendur @ 10:58 am on 03/06/2012

There have been several tweets going around that Vanessa and Austin broke up but nothing confirmed. I hope not they look great together. Wish Austin well on new pilot. Don’t think series is a go,just the pilot so far.

lexie @ 11:02 am on 03/06/2012

Ah the PR worked!

xo @ 11:37 am on 03/06/2012

I have a feeling he’s going to visit Florida soon

YUi @ 11:59 am on 03/06/2012

rly? first that girl who looks nothing like carrie and now this? who’s that show’s casting agent?

hey there! @ 3:39 pm on 03/06/2012

@lexie:

totally agree

Katty @ 3:57 pm on 03/06/2012

@Elendur:

Austin was the one who drove her to the airport to go to Florida. They were fine about two weeks ago….any time a lovey-dovey couple isn’t seen together for a while rumors start.

Austin probably stayed in town because of this deal that was happening. I bet he goes to see V any time now…probably the same time Ashley does. Ash plans on going soon, right?

Boji @ 8:37 pm on 03/06/2012

Saw the Bling Ring on my tv channel some 3 days ago. I must say austin did a pretty good job. He played the male lead. Am happy for him. I can’t see them breaking up any time soon, not after their romantic Paris and Rome trip.

Haters Suck! @ 10:12 pm on 03/06/2012

@elendur
its just zanessa fans blowing somke and trying to start BS don’t worry about it

Elendur @ 10:23 pm on 03/06/2012

@Haters Suck!:

Yep and I have to stay off twitter!

Xo @ 10:50 pm on 03/06/2012

@Katty: I honestly doubt Ashley’s going to Florida. Since when has she ever visited V on a set that wasn’t HSM? They’re there for work, she would just be in the way.

yeah @ 12:26 pm on 03/07/2012

Congratulations Austin!
@Xo: I agree, I don’t know why she’s all of a sudden visiting V now when she never really visit her before…

yeah @ 12:32 pm on 03/07/2012

*visited

mishyB @ 11:23 pm on 03/07/2012

Austin is gorgeous! He was on Zoey 101 that’s the first I have seen him on tv! And I love Vanessa she’s a G baddest chick out there!