Elle Fanning: Princess Aurora in 'Maleficent'?

Elle Fanning: Princess Aurora in 'Maleficent'?

Could you picture Elle Fanning as Princess Aurora? It could be happening.

Twitch (via The Playlist) reports that the 13-year-old actress is in talks to join Maleficent opposite Angelina Jolie.

The flick would be a live action retelling of the Disney version of the fairy tale — where Aurora falls into a deep sleep by pricking a finger on a spindle, emphasizing on the green-skinned villainess.

JJJ Fun Fact: The original tale of “Sleeping Beauty” was called “Sun, Moon, and Talia” and written by Italian Giambattista Basile. It wasn’t translated into the Italian we know today until 1747.

TELL JJJ: Who would you cast as Aurora?

Credit: Ethan Miller, Frazer Harrison; Photos: Walt Disney Pictures, Getty
Posted to: Elle Fanning

Dwer @ 7:48 pm on 03/09/2012

I get the impression that Elle is the type of girl Who can accomplish anything she wants.

good-one @ 8:45 pm on 03/09/2012

Elle would certainly seem to fill the “beauty” bill.

Fascinating tidbit on translation from Italian of the original story.

ariana @ 9:47 pm on 03/09/2012

i didnt know the princess’s name was aurora

lucy @ 1:25 am on 03/10/2012

ariana @ 9:47 pm on 03/09/2012

i didnt know the princess’s name was aurora

errr…yes! haha
she was given a new name, which she was often referred to by the fairy godmothers – ‘Rose’ (Briar Rose is her full name).

i’ve always loved elle and dakota fanning, i think they’re both extremely mature, talented, beautiful and classy.. more people my age should be looking up to these girls, not the kim kardashians of hollywood.
a worldwide known fairytale starring angelina jolie as the villain? it will be an instant success! the movie would do wonders for elle’s career. hope she snags it (or dakota of course).

Dg @ 1:52 am on 03/10/2012

I really hope this happens, Elle is amazing and would take this movie to another level. It’s a real joy to watch her talent develop and I feel like it would be interesting to see what she would bring to this kind of role

Mina @ 3:18 am on 03/10/2012

I love Elle, but I think she is way too young to play Aurora. If they give her a Prince who is 22 year-old actor that will be just wrong. So unless they give her a guy who is 13-15 -year-old, it;s ok I guess. Elle is really stunning.

thequeen @ 4:45 pm on 03/13/2012

I WOULD CAST TAYLOR SWIFT AS AURORA!!!!!!! SHE WOULD BE AWESOME! SHE SINGS AND CAN ACT! I LOVE HER!

Cuturela Tana @ 9:35 am on 03/25/2012

I love Elle, she’s so beautiful and talented. I’m sure she’ll just fit in great as Aurora, hope she’ll get the role!

Brenten thwaites lover @ 8:00 am on 09/03/2012

@Cuturela Tana:
I don’t know if elle is perfect for the job, but i’m sure she’ll do good, but I love brenten twhaites, he is much to old for her, and I didn’t know brenten was into fairy tales he’s been in a soap opera as the bad boy, the remake of blue lagoon he co-stars, and my favorite slide a show about a group of 17 year olds, I can’t wait for the movie