'Spring Breakers' Get 'Interview'ed

'Spring Breakers' Get 'Interview'ed

Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson and Rachel Korine flirt with the camera in this new shot from the May 2012 issue of Interview mag.

Spring Breakers follows four college students who land in jail after robbing a restaurant to fund their spring break trip. After being bailed bailed out by Alien (James Franco), a drug-dealer and gunrunner, they’re seduced into his world.

“I was getting kind of repetitive in terms of the roles I was picking, and I really wanted to do something that was completely different,” Selena, 19, shared. “It was a mark thing for me—like, ‘This is what I want to be doing.’ I want to be taking myself seriously as an actress, and this was definitely a stretch. I mean, I’d never smoked a cigarette before in my entire life. It was really funny—they had to show me how to do it.”

Ashley, 22, added, “[Director] Harmony [Korine] wanted to break us all out of the good-girl mold. For Selena, Vanessa, and me, our audience is all in their teens or younger, so they’re not even going to be able to see this when it comes out—it’s not appropriate.”

Breakers-interview spring breakers interview mag 01
Breakers-interview spring breakers interview mag 02
Breakers-interview spring breakers interview mag 03
Breakers-interview spring breakers interview mag 04
Breakers-interview spring breakers interview mag 05

Photos: Annabel Mehran, Michael Muller, Chris Hanley
Posted to: Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine, Selena Gomez, Spring Breakers, Vanessa Hudgens

javi @ 4:31 pm on 05/08/2012

selena looks unbelievable beautiful in this picture she should work out more. the picture i saw of her in bulgaria she looked tired she should work out more i mean to get that little butt of hers in shape and her boobs. and i hope this movie make more money than miley’s movie. sorry to miley fans but 46 thousand ouch.

miley is so ugly @ 5:42 pm on 05/08/2012

they all look good

Haters Suck! @ 6:13 pm on 05/08/2012

HOT!!!!!!!

sa @ 9:01 pm on 05/08/2012

Oh don’t feel sorry for us at least in miley movie she wasn’t in an outshape and in a bikiny all the time like selena. miley movie got no promotion at all unlike selena movies that were exxagerate and promoted until people keep getting tired of her advertising this movies and they still flopped at least miley got no promotion and she still made movie!

maria @ 9:31 pm on 05/08/2012

They had such good chemistry together! Can’t wait to see it!

J @ 9:57 pm on 05/08/2012

this is kind of a shame, it’s appears to be a movie about stupid girls in bikinis. And whether they like it or not many of their young fans will find a way to see this

mags @ 10:58 pm on 05/08/2012

i think itsa interesting story, me too can’t wait to see it.

My 2 cents @ 11:42 pm on 05/08/2012

It’s a good interview and all the girls look Hot. I’m a Vanessa fan so she will get me there ,but I also think all the girls have great chemistry and I’m anxious to see the dark side of this.

Aiwen @ 9:29 am on 05/10/2012

Vanessa Vanessa Vanessa!!!!!!!!!
So hot!!!!!!!!!cant wait for this movie anymore!!!!!

sa @ 8:36 am on 05/11/2012

To be honest the movie looks really trashy!

Kit280 @ 2:17 pm on 05/11/2012

The story of the movie is a new experience for these girls but bikinys most of the time!!! OMG NOT GOOD!!

MoreThanWords @ 9:39 am on 05/12/2012

@sa: I’m still trying to read your post. It is very confusing. If you think the movie is trashy, it might be because your mind is in the gutter.
@J?????? You are blind. And you SHOULD be mute.

david b conway @ 10:30 pm on 05/18/2012

hi my name is david conway

tiffany @ 6:55 pm on 08/07/2012

i think this movie looks stupid and trashy im a fan of selena but shes not setting a good example for her young fans and older ones too and she should make better decsions sorry selena :(