'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Officially Split Into Two Films

'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Officially Split Into Two Films

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay has officially been split into two separate films with release dates one year apart from each other.

Part 1 of the film will hit theaters on November 21, 2014 while Part 2 while be released on November 20, 2015.

The Hunger Games, starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth, was released last March and grossed over $404 million at the domestic box office and over $678 million total worldwide. The DVD hits stores on August 18.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, which will soon start production, is expected to be released on November 22, 2013.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see The Hunger Games: Mockingjay in two parts?

Posted to: hunger games

elizze4567 @ 4:40 pm on 07/10/2012

How are they gonna do when the book is pretty short.

amanda leigh @ 4:42 pm on 07/10/2012

Oh my gosh, 2015? That just seems soooo far away….. I really think that Catching Fire should have been the one being split, but I’m not complaining since we get to see that whole book play out sooner.

Fernanda @ 4:58 pm on 07/10/2012

omgggg!!!!!!! thank you Goooood!!!!!!!! now i can try to be an extra!! graduating from hs this year!!! <3 i love this trilogy

While I agree with Amanda that 2015 seems superrrr far away I still love the idea.I think it will give them more time to tell the story,which is one of the most important ones in the series.Will they stop the first when they rescue Peeta and than find out that he hates Katniss?Not sure but that would be AWESOMEEEE!!!!!!I think that if they had split Catching Fire,it also would have been smart but no way that I waiting to 2012 just to see all 5 movies!!!hahahaha So yea all in all love the idea and can’t wait!

good-one @ 5:39 pm on 07/10/2012

“A trend, after all, is a precious thing, something to be treasured and protected in private circles and spoken about in hushed tones, not something to be smashed into smithereens on TV via the vocal stylings [of everybody.]” ~~Alexander Abad-Santos and Jen Doll, The Atlantic Wire

Nonetheless:

kayla @ 6:56 pm on 07/10/2012

Omg I will be 15 when it hits theaters that’s so far away
and they have to separate it into two films just like Breaking Dawn?
No one likes Twilight anymore its so retarded and boring!
Now The Hunger Games is awesome! :D

Elizabeth @ 7:12 pm on 07/10/2012

ugg i will be 23 when the last movie hit theaters

olivia @ 8:14 pm on 07/10/2012

THE TWILIGHT SAGA RULES-THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY OR WHATEVER IS STUPID AND POINTLESS AND ALL YOU TWILIGHT SAGA HATERS ON HERE SHUT UP-THE TWILIGHT SAGA RULES THE HUNGER GAMES DONT

Rayna @ 9:07 pm on 07/10/2012

Everyone over at JJ are saying this is pointless and that THG is copying Harry Potter & Twilight. That’s ridiculous.

I’m just happy that there will be three more THG films.

Lauren @ 10:34 pm on 07/10/2012

suprise suprise

Alice @ 1:14 am on 07/11/2012

What! That release date is forever away and spliting the films is just crazy! In a way it is good so they can get alot more of the book jammed into a film but I really dont mind sitting at the cinemas for 6 hours watching the whole film at once.. It sucked with Harry Potter because I had to re watch part 1 before I watched part 2 and I didnt even bother with Twilight.. I hope this trend doesnt keep catching on =(

Flávia @ 2:34 pm on 07/11/2012

Hi my name is Flavia and I’m from Brazil, I love the site Just Jared Jr.! is super cool! congratulations! I’m super excited for all movies! Kisses from a fan from Brazil!

jessica @ 2:57 pm on 07/11/2012

Okay. I am a fan of the Hunger Games, but this is ridiculous. Just like splitting Breaking Dawn into 2 movies. I have READ BOTH Mockingjay and Breaking Dawn and they DO NOT need to be split into 2 movies…it’s crazy what some people will do for some more money.

Oh and I am a Harry Potter fan also and trust me, the last book HAD to be split into 2 movies…..there is no possible way that it could have been one movie without cutting out CRUCIAL parts.

ella @ 5:49 pm on 07/11/2012

This was announced way back before the first film even came out. I don’t see why the book needs to be split, Katniss spends most of it passing out right when the action is about to get started.

My 2 Cents @ 8:58 pm on 07/11/2012

Awesome. That will do the books justice.

theresa @ 11:42 pm on 07/11/2012

i am happy that there will be more films! But i think they should have split catching fire not mockingjay, but i trust them and hope it will be good.

theresa @ 11:42 pm on 07/11/2012

aneeta @ 1:28 am on 07/12/2012

stop hating on twilight…should not be split..means we have to wait longer…grrrr…love both movies..twilight a bit more but thats my opinion..wish they didnt split movies now i am going to go crazy waiting and waiting!!!!!

Beth @ 12:36 pm on 07/12/2012

Like and dislike.
Like – more JHutch screen time!
Dislike – ONE BLEEPING YEAR?!?! Why not 6 months like Harry Potter?
Also, I’ll be 24 when the final one comes out. 2015 is so far away!