Sam Claflin: Finnick in 'Catching Fire'

Sam Claflin: Finnick in 'Catching Fire'

Sam Claflin will be playing the role of Finnick Odair in The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire, confirms Gossip Cop.

The 26-year-old Snow White & the Huntsman actor is the latest star to join the flick.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Sam Claflin

Earlier this year, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amanda Plummer joined the cast.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, which will soon start production, is expected to be released on November 22, 2013.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Sam in the role of Finnick?

Credit: Tim Whitby; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Sam Claflin

Lynn @ 11:23 am on 07/21/2012

Are they kidding me ?! He is NOTHING like the Finnick I imagined ( and I guess most of the fans imagined)

Odjo @ 2:14 pm on 07/21/2012

noooooooooooo
my life s over!!!!!!!
he doesn’t look like Finnick!
It’s not fair!!!!!

Rayna @ 6:47 pm on 07/21/2012

Maybe you should’ve waited until Lionsgate announced it themselves, Jared. Nothing is “official” until they say so.

rose @ 8:25 pm on 07/21/2012

I would have rather seen someone else playing Finnick, this guy is not (to me) what Finnick should look like. Would have preferred Garrett Hedlund or Armie Hammer.

Just my opinion.

Nat @ 3:13 am on 07/22/2012

YOU GUYS WHO THINK THAT SAM CLAFLIN WILL NOT BE A GOOD FINNICK I HAVE WATCH HIM WHEN HE STARED ACTING IN BBC1 ANY HUMAN HEART ALMOEST 4 OR 5 YEARS AND HE WAS ALWAYS MY 1 ONE CHOICE FOR FINNICK EVEN BEFORE LIONGATE WAS GOING TO MAKE THE HUNGER GAMES SO STOP ACTING LIKE A BRAT BECAUSE LAST YEAR WHEN JEN, LIAM , AN JOSH WERE CAST FOR KATNISS, PEETA , AND GALE EVERYONE WAS LIKE THERE NOT GOING TO BE GOOD FOR THE ROLE AND NOW EVERYONE LOVES THEM SO MUCH SAM MAY NOT LOOK LIKE GARRETT HEDLUND LIONGATE MAY DID NOT LIKE GARRETT ACTING AND LOVE SAM BETTER TRUST LIONGATE BECAUSE THEY WHAT THERE DOING SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT SAM TO BE FINNICK STOP ACTING LIKE SPOIL KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julia @ 9:22 am on 07/22/2012

Sam was smart,gorgeous as the prince William in the snowwhite and huntsman…in the book,Finnick has a bronzed skin,and also,Sam s skin had bronzed when he was playing the missionary in Caribbean 4…… Finnick is supposed to be smart,gorgeous and sexy.I think Sam would be perfect.

Skylar @ 10:28 am on 07/22/2012

NOOOO! I wanted Zac Efron!!!

katie @ 6:31 pm on 07/22/2012

Have to agree with Rayna, here, according to Lionsgate and the official cast chart, there is not yet a Finnick cast. The last they announced was that it was down to the final three

Sara @ 7:47 pm on 07/22/2012

What a disappointment

Michael @ 8:36 pm on 07/22/2012

Horrible choice!!!! He is not a good Finnick at all. They should have chosen Trevor Donovan

JAKAA @ 11:23 pm on 07/22/2012

@Skylar: NOPE.

nothappyfan @ 8:18 am on 07/23/2012

This is absolutely wrong. He is NOT what I imagined the resident sex god of The Hunger Games to be. This is all wrong. I’m sure that he’s a great guy and there’s no denying that he isn’t too bad on the eyes but he certainly not Finnick material and I do hope that you’re wrong about this article.

anon @ 10:45 am on 07/23/2012

Oh dear, @nat take a chill pill! The capslock was not needed. I haven’t read the books so I can’t say anything but I am in love with the hunger games. But I also agree with Rayna, JJJr nothing is official until Liongate announces it – NOT ‘Gossip Cop’ …. BAH

asdfghjkl @ 4:22 am on 08/18/2012