Lily Collins & Jamie Campbell Bower: 'Mortal Instruments' Twosome

Lily Collins & Jamie Campbell Bower: 'Mortal Instruments' Twosome

Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower get into character on the set of their upcoming film, Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, on Monday (August 20) in Toronto, Canada.

Throughout the day, the 23-year-old actress rocked two different looks – one outfit was edgy and black while the other was cute and fun.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Lily Collins

Here’s the movie’s synopsis: Set in contemporary New York City, a seemingly ordinary teenager, Clary Fray (Collins), discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect our world from demons.

10+ pictures inside of Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower on set…

Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 01
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 02
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 03
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 04
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 05
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 06
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 07
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 08
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 09
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 10
Collins-mi-set-pics collins mi set pics 11

Credit: O'Neill, White; Photos: INFdaily
Posted to: Jamie Campbell Bower, Lily Collins, Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Kay @ 5:57 pm on 08/21/2012

I don’t like how they cast this movie at all.
And its so sad because it was such a good book series.

gillian @ 6:06 pm on 08/21/2012

Horrible cast, especially Jamie Bower. He is not leading man material in anyway.

Mina @ 6:46 pm on 08/21/2012

@Kay: agree completely. I just love the books and to be honest I am only happy about Lily and Lena being cast, the others are horrible.

Mina @ 6:49 pm on 08/21/2012

I still have hope, I mean I do believe it’s still going to be a good movie, because the story is just that damn good!!!! But the actors will have to work their buts off.

Clary @ 10:02 pm on 08/21/2012

put more information about the movie!!!!!
Jamie is the perfect Jace!!!
And Kevin is so cute :D
I love this Cast!!!

Trix @ 7:16 am on 08/22/2012

Will this be the new “Twilight”!? @_@

al @ 11:17 am on 08/22/2012

oh god, looks bollocks

Cloe west @ 2:15 pm on 08/22/2012

Can understand that Jamie split from Bonnie Wright – she looks so strange – not to say she is ugly, but somehow…I alsways feel her features imbalanced. And she never was very convincing as an actress in HP, I wonder why she seems to want to make acting her profession. (She seems a nice and bright girl though, and I appreciate her edgy fashion appraoch.) But Lily Collins isn’t that much better, neither in terms of looks, nor in terms of acting…and I have doubts about this new movie TMI.

Ragman @ 2:36 pm on 08/22/2012

Took a look a the cast of TMI at imdb. They are at best B class (except for Lena Headey, perhaps). Well, same could be said about Kristen Stewart when she started Twilight. She still cant really act. So why are youngsters, girls in particular, flooding the cinemas to see weak acting of outrageously crazy stories? Perhaps it is the illusion that everyone could be star, limited as their talents may be. Don’t give me that.

PrincessD @ 3:33 pm on 08/22/2012

I cant believe i am saying this but somhow i feel the casting is perfect. I hated Lily and Jamie for Clary and Jace at first(3years ago i think!) but now when they seem in character in these pics i see it too! I just hope they can ACT! I know Jamie can, loved him in Anonymous, keeping my faith that they can pull this off!!

dee @ 6:11 pm on 08/22/2012

@Trix:

ah what. I don’t like Twilight much, but I think this would never be like Twilight in terms of gross and popularity. Far to be with.
Now, I lost interest with this movie!

Kay @ 8:48 am on 08/23/2012

Its always such a let down when books are turned into movies because the actors just never really live up to the character as we all have our own perception idea of how they should look. Its a real shame about this one though because this just happens to be an amazing book series, and its always upsetting when they just don’t cast the characters well. This is going to be a serious let down compared to the brilliance of the books and its a shame because people are now going to judge the books on these movies and think the books aren’t worth reading. They should leave books as books.

Frog snart @ 1:27 pm on 08/23/2012

Lilly Collins has red hair now – so now she appeals to Bower! The two redheads he was with before were wearing natural color. The new girl artificial. Wonder if that that leads to any improvement in relationship.

gillian @ 3:13 pm on 08/27/2012

@Cloe west: Jamie Bower is no good catch either, so harping on the girls’ looks is neither here nor there. He’s uglier than both combined.