Zac Efron Covers 'Backstage'

Zac Efron Covers 'Backstage'

Zac Efron gets candid on the newest issue of Backstage magazine.

The 24-year-old actor opened up about his acting origins, where he’s going in the industry and what he hopes to accomplish in his career. Check it:

On his motive: “I might not be the greatest actor, but I walk in to every project willing to work hard. There are a lot of people who can slide on talent their whole lives; they’re just naturally gifted. I’ve never considered myself one of those people. I enjoy outworking the opposition.”

On The Paperboy: “It’s crucial for me to be finding roles that I don’t necessarily have the answers to. I’m proud to say I was courageous enough to step into a part I didn’t fully understand and followed my director blindly.”

On future franchise roles: “It’s not that I’m opposed to doing a big-budget action movie. But it has to be the right project. I don’t know that I’ve earned the right to hold a gun, if that makes sense. I need to pay my dues.”

Posted to: Zac Efron

Ok @ 3:36 pm on 10/15/2012

Baby you look Great, Love you Zac

My 2 Cents @ 3:45 pm on 10/15/2012

Handsome and Humble too. That is a lethal combination for practically perfect. I know he kills me every time.

Deb @ 6:08 pm on 10/15/2012

Is this a U.S. magazine? I sure hope so, cuz I want to get a copy.

Amelia25 @ 9:18 pm on 10/15/2012

Beautiful Zac!

nic @ 3:26 am on 10/16/2012

This is a nice interview, but I wonder if Backstage is an industry/trade mag that is available by subscription only.

Tay @ 6:32 am on 10/16/2012

Boy, you are talented and beautiful too

Ok @ 8:37 am on 10/16/2012

One of the top boxes Yeaa !!!! So sexy

Perry @ 10:13 am on 10/16/2012

so true. You aren’t the greatest actor and you never will be!

Sam @ 10:17 am on 10/16/2012

and how many times are you going to say “i haven’t earned the right to hold a gun”…… find some new things to say.

Sharona @ 12:41 pm on 10/16/2012

@nic @Deb I couldn’t find this issue ANYwhere but did find it on eBay!

Zac, I don’t see how it is possible but you get more adorable and more gorgeous with each passing day but yet you sure do!

NBTT @ 1:32 pm on 10/16/2012

@Sam: Well, you must think you are so much better than him. Why aren’t you on the big screen. To sign for movies with big budget and with earning big money is easier than to do roles where you feel anything but comfortable. How often do you things that terrify you? You’ve probably never done it and you’ll never do it.
To play a character that’s the complete opposite from you isn’t really easy. When you’re naturally an ass*ole it’s easy to play one, to play the absolute gentleman will be something almost impossible for such a person.
Zac is a sensitive guy, extraordinary polite and always very obliging, for him it would be very hard to play a character in a movie who loves and enjoys to torture and kill people just for fun, because of boredom for example. He won’t be afraid to take such a role but he would have to work very hard to turn into such a person.

You can talk bad about him when you’re better than him and have reached more than him, but I’m sure this will never happen.

Truth @ 12:33 am on 10/17/2012

@NBTT:

Isn’t the point of acting to play different characters, some of them very different from you? So if Zac can’t handle that then maybe he’s not cut out to be an actor. If he’s not willing to take any risks, he’s gonna be stuck playing the same boring, romantic heartthrob roles for the rest of his career.

nic @ 1:17 am on 10/17/2012

@Truth I did not read @NBTT’s comment to say that Zac couldn’t handle it or wasn’t willing to take risks. The exact opposite in fact, he said that Zac would not be afraid to take on such a role. My interpretation was – he was pointing out that portraying a character very different from ones own nature might not be as easy as people who have never done it, think it is, and that one should not criticize Zac (I will add, or anyone) until they’ve proven they can do it better.

nic @ 1:22 am on 10/17/2012

@Sharona thanks for the info. I had a feeling there would be no point in checking at a local store :-).

noticeme @ 6:43 am on 10/17/2012

love ya, Zac

Ruri @ 11:34 am on 10/17/2012

@Sam:

“of course you aren’t “opposed” to doing a big budget action film! The problem is they don’t want to hire you.

Um, Zac was considered for Amazing Spiderman, Kick @ss, Full Metal Panic, Akira, to name a few. If they didn’t want to hire him he wouldn’t have been in the runnng for these movies.

NBTT @ 3:27 pm on 10/17/2012

@nic: you understood my comment right

barbara @ 2:52 pm on 10/18/2012

happy birthday zac! i hope you have a good one.

dbwilyumz @ 4:00 pm on 10/18/2012

@Ruri:

He was rumored to be considered for all those roles, but we don’t know that he every got a serious offer.

Big-budget action movies are all made by studios, and I think the studio execs are still concerned by his Disney “heartthrob” image and don’t think he will pull the young male audience that turns an action flick into a blockbuster.

pita @ 4:05 pm on 10/18/2012

Happy 25th Birthday Zac!!!Have a fantastic day..

kyle @ 4:35 am on 10/19/2012