Lily Collins & Jamie Campbell Bower: 'Mortal Instruments: City of Bones' Trailer!

The trailer and poster for Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower‘s upcoming movie The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones have arrived!

Here is the film’s synopsis: Set in contemporary New York City, a seemingly ordinary teenager, Clary Fray (Collins), discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect our world from demons. After the disappearance of her mother (Lena Headey), Clary must join forces with a group of Shadowhunters, who introduce her to a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld, filled with demons, warlocks, vampires, werewolves and other deadly creatures.

The film, which will hit theaters on August 23, 2013, also stars Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Kevin Zegers, Jemima West, and Robert Sheehan.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the trailer for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones?

“The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones” Trailer

A @ 5:34 am on 11/15/2012

AAAAAAH! SO EXCITED!

Luisa @ 9:26 am on 11/15/2012

DEAD

Lisa @ 10:56 am on 11/15/2012

Lily is sooooo AWESOME !

CLaudia @ 11:58 am on 11/15/2012

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! …… dead.

troy @ 12:55 pm on 11/15/2012

I have to say that like “Beautiful Creatures” I had written this movie off as a “Twilight” clone. But unlike “Twilight” both movies look like they might actually be well…good.

Cherie @ 3:44 pm on 11/15/2012

Everyone actually looks their part, and the acting (most important) isn’t forced or awkward. This could be good.

Rosa @ 4:26 pm on 11/15/2012

words cannot explain what i am feeling right now.!!!! SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!

kay @ 11:33 pm on 11/15/2012

I just can’t. This looks so odd. I loved these books and I know I’m supposed to swoon because these two are together but I really had a hard time getting through that. I’m not a hater and don’t post bad stuff here so don’t attack me guys but I’m not sure if Jamie and Lilly work here. He looks sooooo much older than her, It just seemed kind of creepy. I’ll give it time and another look but that was just not what i was hoping for.

wtf @ 11:27 am on 11/16/2012

@kay: they are the same age lol.

Martha @ 3:19 pm on 11/16/2012

@wtf: I agree with kay though. He looks a lot older. It’s probably because he’s ridiculously thin and it ages him terribly. He’s not very cute.

lisa @ 4:29 pm on 11/16/2012

Are they making him wear that hood because without it he looks too thin. with it off his face is so thin and geez I know Jace likes Clary but he is so in her personal space there. Stalker.

Mildred @ 3:49 am on 11/19/2012

I see what you mean. At first, Jamie was definitely not my ideal Jace but he has the perfect attitude and trust me, his looks grow on you.
He has actually been one of my most recent celebrity crushes! And seriously, the way he says mundane. I mean mmm-mm!