Selena Gomez as Debbie Harry in 'Blondie' Biopic?

Selena Gomez as Debbie Harry in 'Blondie' Biopic?

Selena Gomez stops by her local Panera Bread for a bite to eat in Encino, Calif., on Saturday afternoon (December 15).

Rumors have been swirling the world wide web that the 20-year-old actress is on the top of the list to play Debbie Harry in a Blondie biopic from Disney/Touchstone.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Selena Gomez

Debbie, who is blonde herself, was the lead singer for the band Blondie, one of the most influential music bands in the 1970s. Could Selena pull off being blonde again?

WHAT DO YOU THINK of this new role for Selena?

Selena-panera selena gomez panera bread 01
Selena-panera selena gomez panera bread 02
Selena-panera selena gomez panera bread 03
Selena-panera selena gomez panera bread 04

Photos: FameFlynet
Posted to: Selena Gomez

andy @ 9:22 pm on 12/15/2012

I would like to see her as a blonde. She looks cute!

Isabella @ 9:46 pm on 12/15/2012

OH PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

note @ 10:18 pm on 12/15/2012

This is a terrible idea. That would be a huge stretch on all kinds of levels.

Naza @ 10:18 pm on 12/15/2012

NONONO, PLEASE NOO!

javi @ 10:20 pm on 12/15/2012

i don’t think this is real. either way blondie sucked back then and it still suck right now. best group of the 80′s in my view becasue the songs where cool was aha. but if disney wants to take risks go ahead.also she would have to loose major weight and those cheeks she has to fix them to look like blondie.

jullie @ 10:20 pm on 12/15/2012

I think Chloe Moretz would be perfect for the role of Debbie Harry.

javi @ 10:38 pm on 12/15/2012

@jullie: how about vanessa hudgens or emily osment she’s blond a can sing.

freddy @ 2:32 am on 12/16/2012

LOL at “javi” thinking the one hit wonder aha was better than Blondie.

AnonymousGuy08 @ 1:21 pm on 12/16/2012

I hope nobody takes this as a slam against Selena, because it really isn’t, but I just can’t see her doing any biopics at all. She just doesn’t look enough like anybody in history, let alone Debbie Harry.

fan @ 2:46 pm on 12/16/2012

please NO she can’t ACT or SING

b @ 3:18 pm on 12/16/2012

Y’all are just jealous

Denise @ 4:55 pm on 12/16/2012

Shut up, “fan”. Selena can most definitely act AND sing, but I don’t believe these rumors. They remind me of the one where they said she was going to be playing a younger version character from SATC, which turned out to be lies. I would really love to see her play a biopic role though.

Selena can do anything, with nothing. She’s Superwoman!!!!!!!!!!!!

JRDN @ 8:30 pm on 12/16/2012

@fan: I need to agree with your fan, she can’t do both, I just think she is very overrated!. Sorry, bite my head off I really don’t care, this is my true feelings on this girl. You’ve got to admit, she or her people know how to manipulate these young ones to get them to buy her stuff, so true and so sad. She should honestly concentrate on her acting craft work at it to get better and stop singing.

kanani @ 12:30 am on 12/17/2012

“Could Selena pull off being blonde again?” Um she was never blonde…

Julian Terris @ 12:45 am on 12/17/2012

I like Selena, -but she’s not a really my first thought for Blondie -who were one of the great rock acts of the seventies. Taylor Momsen has the acting skills stage presence and lastly (of course) voice to do the role justice -only trouble is she’s a rock star in her own right. If it’s ta Disney gig they might end up putting Selena into the role -due to contractual obligations. Taylor can sing,act -and she’s and sexy/edgy blonde :) I think this articles a “chain-puller” #sorrynotsorry :)

kiss @ 7:24 am on 12/17/2012

I like the way she is now, beautiful, peaceful, with the color she has, I would want to have a daughter look like her some day.

giin @ 4:03 pm on 12/17/2012

in her ******* dreams. her publicity team has sunk to new lows. trying to convince young impressionable people that producers actually consider her capable of a biopic? she can barely imitate fictional charcters let alone real life personalities. do some theatre, take more acting classes and stop being so ******* lazy. someone is surving on publicity and manipulation. vile creature. the only thing she has in common with debbie harry is being alive. cheddar cheese pretending to be gouda lol pull the other one mate!

giin @ 4:27 pm on 12/17/2012

michelle pfeiffer (twenty years ago) would have been perfect! no amanda seyfried wooooooot there are actually lots of people to choose from. kirsten dunst IMO can pull off both a younger and slightly older deborah harry :)

em @ 6:08 pm on 12/17/2012

I would think most of Selena’s fanbase, given their ages, would be wondering who the hell Debbie Harry is, or Blondie for that matter. Don’t wreck the memories for those who do. Surely the talent pool goes deeper in the USA?! Right?

b @ 9:15 pm on 12/17/2012

I am a fan of Selena 14 and I know who Blondie is!

Camel @ 3:41 am on 01/28/2013

Selena is the most beautiful girl ever. Love her. i think she deserves a real man who would protect and care about her. Wish her good luck.

Eva @ 6:10 am on 02/08/2013

Agree, Taylor Momsen has the acting skills stage presence and lastly (of course) voice to do the role justice -only trouble is she’s a rock star in her own right. If it’s ta Disney gig they might end up putting Selena into the role -due to contractual obligations.

aDRIAN.R @ 1:42 pm on 09/06/2013

@b Hahaha you probably think blondie is the girl who covered the one direction song.