Ed Sheeran: I'm Not Taylor Swift's Type!

Ed Sheeran: I'm Not Taylor Swift's Type!

Ed Sheeran is assuring fans he never dated his good friend Taylor Swift!

The 21-year-old British singer/songwriter recently opened up about their friendship, which began when they teamed up for a song on her latest album Red.

“We had great fun when we met,” he told UK’s The Sun. “But I don’t think I’m Taylor’s type.”

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Ed Sheeran

“If you look at all the dudes she’s dated, they’re all tall, brown hair, brown eyes, very attractive and all the girls scream for them,” Ed added. “I’m chubby, ginger with blue eyes.”

Photos: Instagram
Posted to: Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift

Michelle @ 12:10 pm on 12/29/2012

Aw, I love Ed! Any girl would be beyond lucky to date him!

Jason @ 1:33 pm on 12/29/2012

At least he knows he’s not for everyone. Hopefully he can clean up his appearance, dress a little nicer, shave, and actually reflect what kind of talent he actually is.

samsam @ 3:09 pm on 12/29/2012

@Jason: i think that is part of his look and thats why he never changes. confirming to hollywood changes your outlook on life. so because he looks scruffy means he cannot fully show his talent? our society is so distorted. i think its great how is still humble enough to go on stage in jeans.

Fsvsvsg @ 4:18 pm on 12/29/2012

Yah Taylor Swift is arrogant. She definitely dates for looks and social/media status. She doesn’t care for personality at all. No wonder she gets her “heart broken.” She’s too caught up in their name and what effect they’ll have on her career. I really dislike her.

As for Ed, he’s pure genius. Class act. Inspirational. My kind of guy.

Taylor can go suck a big one. I mean, isn’t that what she’s known for anyway? Going from guy to guy?

ahhhh @ 9:49 pm on 12/29/2012

well i love ed!! he has such great voice <3 and he looks great too!
taylor's dated WAY too many guys…and none of the relationship lasts long

jennifer @ 10:05 pm on 12/29/2012

@ahhhh:
too many guys??? She’s only dated 6…. people should learn to count :/

Lawrence @ 1:38 am on 12/30/2012

@Jason:

Do you ever say anything positive?, there are self help books. I suggest you try one. :)

As for Ed, he’s awesome and I’m happy he’s so down to earth with his fans.

Jason @ 4:30 am on 12/30/2012

@Lawrence: I acknowledged the guy’s talent, and I agreed with his own assessment that he’s not the most attractive looking person in the world. What more do you want from me? Go find someone else to bully, because you don’t intimidate me.

nm @ 2:06 pm on 12/30/2012

but Ed..Rupert Grint loves you

Marielle @ 4:24 pm on 12/30/2012

Are you kidding? I love gingers! And there is nothing wrong with a little chubby. Not to mention that Ed has some of the best vocals I’ve ever heard. And if he ever wants Taylor, I’d like to point out that her “type” hasn’t worked out so well for her. Maybe she needs a change :)

kanani @ 12:32 am on 12/31/2012

@Marielle: I completely agree with everything you said. I love Ed :)<3

nina @ 6:45 am on 12/31/2012

he is really ugly. and he knows that!

janelle @ 9:06 am on 12/31/2012

He isn’t ugly. He’s got a good heart, so he’s cute to say the least. He doesn’t need to change his appearance, because then it would seem that he has an ego.

Chelsea @ 1:31 am on 01/01/2013

Lol of course Taylor does. She only goes for attractive, popular guys. But Ed is such a sweet and talented guy. What he said was so humble :’)

kylie @ 9:47 am on 01/01/2013

awww Ed!!! You’re attractive!!!! <3

Jack @ 8:22 pm on 01/10/2013

Taylor has had more than 6 boyfriends. She’s dated 6 famous guys and 2 unfamous guys.

kaykay @ 10:00 pm on 01/11/2013

That’s her shallow stupidity. I like her music I admit it. But the thing is in my opinion she tries WAY to hard to get people to like, or at least it seems that way.

lara @ 12:50 pm on 02/16/2013

love ed sheeran

Azyuppie @ 12:30 am on 05/06/2013

I am sure Taylor can see what’s attractive about Ed, his talent, his great sense of humour and the fact that he is a really really nice sweet humble guy. Love takes time…. maybe their friendship will turn into something more, when the Tour is over, she will start to miss him ;) who knows?!