Phoebe Tonkin: 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-off with Joseph Morgan!

Phoebe Tonkin: 'Vampire Diaries' Spin-off with Joseph Morgan!

Phoebe Tonkin shows off her glamorous side in this new shot from Harper’s Bazaar Australia‘s Young Actor’s Portfolio.

The 23-year-old Aussie actress told the mag about the roles she’s offered, “I really love playing strong, ballsy characters, whether on television or film. It’s strange, I used to only get cast as the naive girl next-door, but then something happened and now the only call-backs I get are, like, the vixen or the mistress…the ones that cause trouble. Something happened when I turned 21.”

Now, according to THR, The CW is developing a Vampire Diaries spin-off with Phoebe‘s character Hayley and Joseph Morgan‘s Klaus.

The spin-off would take off around the April 25th episode where Klaus returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans, a town he helped build centuries ago, and is reunited with his diabolical former protege Marcel.

TELL JJJ: Would you like to see Phoebe and Joseph in a spinoff?

Credit: Justin Stephens; Photos: Holly Blake, The CW
Posted to: Joseph Morgan, Phoebe Tonkin, The Originals, The Vampire Diaries

Emma @ 10:46 am on 01/14/2013

Would you like to see Phoebe and Joseph in a spinoff?
> Phoebe : No !
Joseph : Of course ! He’s perfect.

commonsense @ 11:27 am on 01/14/2013

What about Klaus and Caroline?!!!

Rick @ 11:37 am on 01/14/2013

I’d like to see them spinoff and go away. I can’t stand either of them. I am looking forward to having them both off the show so I can go back to enjoying it.

midz @ 12:20 pm on 01/14/2013

Honestly not being rude and all but i feel like Phoebe Tonkin isn’t anyone special! She has become over hyped within the CW community! Seriously i would like to see her go from Vampire Diaries and the spinoff with Klaus sounds good but i would rather have him stay in TVD so that hopefully he and Caroline can finally become a couple!

Kelly @ 2:04 pm on 01/14/2013

From the beginning Phoebe gave me a bad impression. GET OUT OF HERE. Give Klaus a chance to fall for Caroline & bring in an ex lover to cause some tension!

michelle @ 3:21 pm on 01/14/2013

i cant stand her half accent that would drive me crazy and also: IT WONT DO WELL IF HAYLEY IS THE LEAD, UGH WHY CANT THEY MAKE IT CAROLINE OR REBEKAH BECAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE BUT NO I DONT LIKE PHEOBES CHARACTER UGH I JUST DON’T !! IF ITS NOT GOT KLAROLINE IM SORRY BUT I MIGHT NOT WATCH! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED ANGEL IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN BUFFY BUT THEY PUT CORDELIA WHO WAS THERE FROM THE BEGINNING WHY DO THEY ADD THIS NEW CHARACTER WHICH NOBODY LIKES AS THE MAIN?? ARE THEY INSANE???? FROM DEVOTED TVD FAN SINCE THE BEGINNING AND DELENA AND KLAROLINE SHIPPER OBVIOUSLY!!!!!

ray hoffman @ 3:52 pm on 01/14/2013

Look forward to a vampire diaries spinoff, should be Klaus an Caroline. VD is #1 series. Too many main important characters on the one series. They need to make spinoff center around Klaus, Caroline an maybe Tyler. Could pick up Witch Cassie from l.j. smith other series secret circle so it would have a Bonnie type character.

Sarah @ 8:06 pm on 01/14/2013

Hayley’s presence in the spin off definitely hints that something will happen between her and Klaus before the end of the season. A coworker at DSIH thinks that she could be turning to him for help with resurrecting her parents. I can’t wait to see the development, and with my crazy schedule I won’t miss it with my DISH Remote Access App. My job is always requiring me to travel, so I always make sure my DISH Hopper is set to record all of my favorite shows. My app then uses the Sling Adapter to stream everything recorded on my DVR, as well as live TV, right to my tablet. There is no better way to spend my downtime at the airport, than by catching up with all of the shows that I missed. Hayley has shown no devotion to Klaus up to this point, so it will be interesting to see what changes to make her come around.

meowkatraz @ 8:57 pm on 01/14/2013

No love for phoebe’s character here. I thought she would be dead soon..

night magic @ 2:40 am on 01/15/2013

i hope Elijah is in it sometimes too

Vanessa @ 9:06 am on 01/15/2013

I love Pheobe Tonkin…and I hate Klaus, I don’t want him with Caroline!!! I will totally watch this show!!!

zoe @ 2:12 pm on 01/16/2013

oh GOD NO -___-” you’ve got to be kidding me… there’s nothing interesting about her, she was there to create a lil drama..she did, NOW she can die u_u ….then again either way I would still watch the show

Director @ 1:43 pm on 01/18/2013

“I’d like to see them spinoff and go away.” <- THIS

opinonated @ 1:24 am on 01/28/2013

No offense, but i am not a fan of Phoebe, and i especially hate her character Hayley! Klaus is awesome, but i think a large reason i like him is because of Caroline. So this spin-off, im not a large fan of. At all. He belongs with Caroline! e__e

id @ 4:57 pm on 01/30/2013

For anyone who watched the secret circle or h20 from when you were a kid you will know phoebe’s versatility and how ammazing she is!So sad that tsc got cancelled-was a die hard fan.so am so happy for her that she got cast in tvd and now this! and i guess we still haven’t seen the full scope of hayley’s character yet, but we need to give time for that to develop when she returns again in season four(hopefully for a scene with claire holt-not probable,but one can dream).Phoebe tonkin is a rising star, we still have much to see of her and she is oober talented.can’t wait for more hayley and will deffo watch the originals. Joseph morgan amazingly talented too-they will be amazing together-wish them the best!

Terri @ 10:48 pm on 02/01/2013

Love the idea of a spin off with Klaus. Will absolutely watch! As a matter of fact, I will watch that instead of TVD. No Klaus, no watch. I will watch it even if Phoebe is in it. That lisp, the way she talks. YUK! Hate the Haley character. Hopefully Hayley and Klaus will be adversaries. If they try to get them together as a couple – Ah NO! Then I wont watch. In a perfect world Haley, even though I hate her, would stay on TVD and Caroline would go to the spin off. I’m still hoping against hope that it will come out that Tyler (HATE HIM) and Haley had an affair when he was “away breaking the sire bond.” Then Caroline will dump his sorry butt and get together with Klaus. If she isn’t going to the spin off at least have them get together for a short time on season four of TVD. And of course she could make a couple cross over appearances. Am I the only person that thinks Tyler and Caroline are so boring it is like watching grass grow. Seeing them together makes me want to vomit!!! Caroline belongs with Klaus!

Rachel @ 10:06 pm on 02/05/2013

Not together! yea she can be in it but definitely not as a love interest for klaus or elijah……klaus can only be with caroline….he doesnt get into relationships and caroline is the first girl hes fancied in a LONG time and the better not just sink that “ship” or millions of fans are gonna be outraged and disappointed

Gee @ 8:12 am on 02/08/2013

WHAT?! NOOOO! KLAUS should be with CAROLINE! Not Hayley! I don’t line this spin-off already.