Austin Butler: 'The Carrie Diaries' On-Set Interview!

Austin Butler: 'The Carrie Diaries' On-Set Interview!

Check out our new interview with the gorgeous Austin Butler from our favorite new show The Carrie Diaries!

The 21-year-old actor plays Sebastian Kydd in this Sex and the City prequel. Sebastian is your typical bad boy whose dreamy good looks and sweet personality make him a weak spot for our main character Carrie (AnnaSophia Robb).

JJJ recently sat down with Austin on set of the show to get the scoop on his cast mates, Carrie and Sebastian’s future, and of course, what we can expect in coming episodes!

Click inside to find out what Austin spilled to us about The Carrie Diaries…

Austin Butler- JustJaredJr.com Interview

JJJ: What were your first impressions of the cast and have they changed at all?

Austin Butler: Everybody has been really nice since the beginning. It’s funny to see the dynamics as they get to know each other more. Katie [Findlay] and Brendon [Dooling], they are this sort of comedic duo at lunch that I can sit back and not talk for twenty minutes, watch them and just laugh. AnnaSophia and I now have this dynamic where we can just sort of be knuckleheads with each other and not take ourselves too seriously. It’s very fun and she’s so down to earth. And Ellen [Wong] and I have had some nice scenes together that have caused us to get closer too. We sat next to each other on the plane and talked about life, and mysticism, and it’s really cool to get to know each other better.

JJJ: Did you audition with AnnaSophia?

AB: Surprisingly, no. I auditioned by myself every time. She actually read with a different guy, I think she told me. I’m surprised we didn’t read together.

JJJ: You were home-schooled unlike your character who is navigating high school. Do you think that shaped who you are today?

AB: Yeah, definitely. I probably would be a little different if I had gone to school. I got the ability to be around people that were my age while being on set, but it isn’t the same thing as having teachers and stuff. And all the actual schooling was at home and it was maybe three hours with my dad. My dad was really good at math, so he taught me that. And I had so much free time to play music, learn how to design websites, weird things. It allowed me to do more. So yeah, I think it shaped me, for sure.

JJJ: Who would you rather see Sebastian with – Carrie or Donna?

AB: There are positive sides to both girls for Sebastian. Donna is very carefree, not all in his business, so it’s a very easy way to get his mind off any troubles he has. Just have fun without any thick strings attached. But Carrie, there’s a possibility of a much deeper relationship that’s much more meaningful, so I guess in the long run, from my point of view, Carrie is the better choice because I think they are a much better fit. But it also has the possibility for pain.

Check out the rest of our interview with Austin over on our sister site JustJared.com

The Carrie Diaries airs Mondays @ 8PM ET on The CW!

Butler-carrie austin butler the carrie diaries on set interview 01
Butler-carrie austin butler the carrie diaries on set interview 10

Credit: Jason Kempin; Photos: Getty, The CW
Posted to: Austin Butler, Exclusive

yets @ 6:05 pm on 02/25/2013

HOT!!!!!

Allison @ 7:37 pm on 02/25/2013

omg I love this show!!!!!!!!!

Rachel @ 9:28 pm on 02/25/2013

he is so weird, sorry

Lawrence @ 2:38 am on 02/26/2013

He’s a very sweet looking boy!.

silver @ 8:26 pm on 02/26/2013

seems like someone likes their costar…

silver @ 8:27 pm on 02/26/2013

he even tweets about her… and how many times has he used the phrase “down to earth” to describe her? i have never heard or seen him talk about vanessa like that

kiki @ 8:31 pm on 02/26/2013

@silver: no he doesnt talk about vanessa like that at all

Xo @ 1:27 am on 02/27/2013

@silver: That’s probably because they don’t talk about their relationship at all…

OK @ 3:40 am on 02/27/2013

Hi my hottie !!

Liberty @ 11:03 am on 02/27/2013

It’s astounding how idiotic some commentors are. Can you not distinguish between his PERSONAL life and his PROFESSIONAL life?
Let me help you:
PERSONAL- OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE BIT OF HIS LIFE YOU PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

PROFESSIONAL- THE PART OF HIS LIFE WHERE HAS TO TALK AND SAY CERTAIN THINGS TO PROMOTE HIS SHOW.

Hudgens is part of his private life hence why he NEVER talks about it because it’s no-ones business but his and Hudgens. They know what they think/feel for each other, they do not need to share it with the whole world.

kiki @ 12:24 am on 02/28/2013

@Liberty: it’s normal for people to talk about their personal relationships. vanessa and zac liked to keep their relationship private, yet they were still willing to talk about it. austin knows very well that his relationship is private… in case you havent realized, he looks at the camera every time he and vanessa are together, and he enjoys the attention. but obviously their relationship isn’t private if you see pda pics of them everywhere.

silver @ 12:27 am on 02/28/2013

@kiki: when zac and vanessa had interviews, they always talked about each other. they didn’t mind it at all. and yeah, you would hear them mention over and over again that they liked to keep things private, but they didn’t keep it a secret. unless theyre extremely stupid, they should know that their pr relationship isn’t private because like kiki said, you would always see apalling pics of them together.

blah @ 12:15 am on 03/02/2013

One of these days I’m waiting for an article that says: ‘Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler SPLIT!

blah @ 12:16 am on 03/02/2013