Chris Colfer: 'I'm Terrified to do an Album!'

Chris Colfer: 'I'm Terrified to do an Album!'

Chris Colfer proudly displays copies of his books “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell” and “Struck by Lightning” at a signing held at Waterstones on Sunday afternoon (June 16) in Greenhithe, England.

The 23-year-old Glee actor is currently promoting both books as well as the Struck by Lightning film in Europe.

Chris recently opened up about whether or not he would like to record a solo album. Here’s what he told NewNowNext:

“I’m terrified to do an album, to the point where if I did do an album I’d want to name it Clearance Bin — just in case it ends up in the clearance bin, [I could say] ‘I told you so!’ Maybe. I think I would need maybe some kind of Internet campaign or something. So if people ask me why are you doing an album I could say ‘Well they told me to!’”

TELL JJJ: Do you want Chris Colfer to release a solo album?

Colfer-sbls chris colfer sbl signing 01
Colfer-sbls chris colfer sbl signing 02
Colfer-sbls chris colfer sbl signing 03
Colfer-sbls chris colfer sbl signing 04
Colfer-sbls chris colfer sbl signing 05

Photos: WENN, Chris Colfer Instagram
Posted to: Chris Colfer

pippa @ 6:55 pm on 06/16/2013

The photos of Chris with the British police officers are hysterical. OMG. I love him.

Steph @ 8:51 pm on 06/16/2013

YES! Chris Colfer’s voice, whether solo, duet or featured in an ensemble, is like #VocalCrack for me. Doesn’t matter what genre of song, from “Love Shack”, to “ABC’ to “Bring Him Home” to “As If We Never Said Goodbye” to “You Are The Sunshine Of My LIfe,” I get a smile on my face when I hear his voice. I’d understand if he were concerned about a full album; his voice does not fit the conventionally popular guidelines, but he has a terrific range (it’s actually improved since season 1 and even 2). Perhaps some iTunes single releases? Or something similar? I don’t know how the music industry works in that regard…. I wish he’d look into it, but he’s so busy with the other projects.

CHRISCOLFERFAN4LIFE @ 6:38 am on 06/17/2013

YES Chris should do a album I would buy it hes my favorite on Glee he is a awesome singer and I love when ryan lets him sing and he is a angel to all of us Chris fans

Lauren @ 11:00 am on 06/17/2013

It really is up to him. It’s his career after all. Personally, I don’t see him as the kind of person who would do an album, but if he ever decides to actually pursue doing one, then I’ll 100% support him.

Jordan @ 1:50 pm on 06/17/2013

I think our christopher is a little nervous. For the record I would buy at least 20 copies so I could have enough to where I missplace one I will have another close by.

fitflops @ 8:44 pm on 06/17/2013

Probably the most joy you can get with out cutting out shoes