Shailene Woodley Will Not Appear in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'

Shailene Woodley Will Not Appear in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'

Sad news for Shailene Woodley fans – it turns out the actress will not be appearing in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 as Mary Jane Watson after all.

The 21-year-old actress revealed the news in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly with the Divergent cover.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Shailene Woodley

“Of course I’m bummed. But I am a firm believer in everything happening for a specific reason,” the actress shared. “Based on the proposed plot, I completely understand the need for holding off on introducing [Mary Jane] until the next film.”

TELL JJJ: Are you sad to hear that Shailene Woodley will not be in the next ‘Spider-Man’ movie?

Mira @ 1:01 pm on 06/19/2013

WHAT THE HELL????

mxxm @ 1:38 pm on 06/19/2013

what? why?

claudia @ 2:03 pm on 06/19/2013

pretty disappointing. i would hate if that happened to me, prepping for it all to have them just say “No, later” -__-

Tiffany @ 2:18 pm on 06/19/2013

I wonder if she’ll portray her in the next film.

misha @ 2:24 pm on 06/19/2013

I think the director decided to drop her scenes because the Black Cat is suppose to be in the movie. We all know she is one of Peter ‘s /Spiderman ‘s love interest. Imagining having Gwen, MJ, and Felicia Hardy all on screen at the same time. The movie would be cluttered with characters. I think the director decided to focus mainly on Gwen and Peter and provide closure to their relationship in this movie before the character moves on to MJ. I really like Shailene ‘s acting and I feel bad for her.

Kim @ 4:44 pm on 06/19/2013

So all those scenes she filmed are just not going to be used?

Maddie @ 3:56 am on 06/20/2013

I feel so bad for her, she filmed all of those scenes and now she isn’t even going to be in the movie…

TRIS + TOBIAS @ 10:13 pm on 06/22/2013

WHAT?!?! THAT IS SOOOOO NOT FAIR! I just hope she at least gets to be MJ in the Amazing Spider-Man 3…..

Jordan @ 4:00 am on 06/28/2013

it makes no sense to cut her out her scenes they are at the end of the movie she was going to star in Amazing Spider-man 3 as peter’s love interest