Selena Gomez Reacts to Cory Monteith's Death: 'This Hurts'

Selena Gomez Reacts to Cory Monteith's Death: 'This Hurts'

Selena Gomez has shared her sadness over the passing of her former co-star and friend Cory Monteith at the age of 31

“This hurts. I love you Cory.” the 20-year-old singer/actress captioned a photo of the two hugging tightly at the 2011 Kids Choice Awards.

“Rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.”

Selena and Cory shared the big screen together in the the 2011 romantic comedy Monte Carlo, alongside Katie Cassidy and Leighton Meester.

“So sad to lose a dear friend & talented man… @CoryMonteith you’ll always be remembered.” Katie tweeted last night after the news broke.

Be sure to also read the heartfelt messages Cory‘s Glee co-stars have been sharing.

Selena-cory selena gomez reacts to cory monteith death this hurts 01
Selena-cory selena gomez reacts to cory monteith death this hurts 02
Selena-cory selena gomez reacts to cory monteith death this hurts 03
Selena-cory selena gomez reacts to cory monteith death this hurts 04

Credit: Steve Granitz, Kevin Winter; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Cory Monteith, Selena Gomez

amairany @ 3:04 pm on 07/14/2013

I can’t Believe…is so sad

javi @ 4:03 pm on 07/14/2013

its truly sad man. damn drugs.

maria @ 5:18 pm on 07/14/2013

My prayers go out to his entire family and friends also cory’s co-star.to lea be strong for your entire family.

mxxm @ 6:10 am on 07/15/2013

i still can’t believe Cory is gone.. mhsrip

Alexia @ 8:09 pm on 12/31/2013

Wow.

Alexia @ 8:11 pm on 12/31/2013

R.I.P.COREY<3 YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED WE ALL LOVE AND MISS YOU.. IDK WHAT THEY ARE GONNA DO WITH OUT YOU ON GLEE BUT ALL OF THEM MISS YOU!! AND ITS NOT YOUR FAULT ITS THE DRUGS FAULT!!!! I LOVE YOU COREY AND NOW YOUR IN A BETTER PLACE. I WATCH GLEE SEEING YOU ON GLEE IS THE ONLY REASON WHY I WATCH IT.. AND I KNOW WE WONT BE ABLE TO WATCH THIS BUT PEOPLE WILL AND THEY WILL RESPECT THAT! AND IM SORRY FOR YOUR FAMILY, YOUR FANS AND YOUR FRIENDS THAT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS!! DAMNN DRUGS!! EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES BUT THIS WASNT EVEN 5% YOUR FAULT I SWARE! REST IN PEACE CORY!<3 YOUR FANS LOVE AND MISS YOU<3