Alexandra Chando: 'The Lying Game' Cancelled

Alexandra Chando: 'The Lying Game' Cancelled

Our Monday is officially ruined — The Lying Game has been cancelled!

Star Alexandra Chando, who played twins Emma and Sutton on the ABC Family show, wrote about the cancellation on Instagram for her fans.

“To our awesome #lyinggame fans, thank you for these two amazing seasons. Unfortunately, Abc Family has decided not to bring us back for a third season,” she wrote.

Alexandra added, “We so wanted to do 10 more for you guys! Thanks for your support and keep up with the cast to see what’s next for us! Xx”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the show’s cancellation?

Photos: ABC Family
Posted to: The Lying Game

Pages: [1] 2 »
Nicole @ 1:26 pm on 07/15/2013

NOOOOO. I have been waiting too long for this news. Hoping for a renew. Im never watching abc family again.

Brie @ 1:52 pm on 07/15/2013

I dunno if it was because of ratings or what, but it was really hard to get into the show since the first season wasn’t on dvd. I missed the first season and tried getting into it, but the dvd isnt anywhere!

sayre @ 1:54 pm on 07/15/2013

Nicole- I know what u mean, I feel the same way.. THeir “twisted” show is doing too well and theyv forgotten about their other shows in favor of trends. What about when oct comes around and they have no show to air?

sayre @ 1:54 pm on 07/15/2013

Bri, u gotta see season 1!! Ur totally missing out.. I would check online.

sayre @ 1:55 pm on 07/15/2013

@Brie: Bri, u gotta see season 1!! Ur totally missing out.. I would check online.

Jess @ 1:59 pm on 07/15/2013

I’d much rather have more Lying Game than Ravenswood or Twisted :(

Lacey @ 2:18 pm on 07/15/2013

This was honestly one of the few shows on ABC Family that I truly enjoyed. ABC Family is known for overly cheesy series, yet when they actually produce something truly enthralling, they cancel it? Tell me how that makes any sense at all. Well ABC Family, if it weren’t for Pretty Little Liars being renewed for another season you would be losing another viewer.

I am extremely disappointed to hear that this show has been cancelled as the most recent series being produced this year are beyond ridiculous. I don’t know who is making the decisions up there, but maybe they should consider finding another network… or even a new career as they clearly don’t understand what the viewers want to see.

Queen @ 3:15 pm on 07/15/2013

same thing happened with Chloe King..it was a good show & they canceled it to focus on Switched at birth..they should have kept it going, it was such a good show.

ericaj @ 3:57 pm on 07/15/2013

BRI, the first season is all over the internet including on Netflix and MOP Video. It’s pretty easy to find.

Queen, networks go where the money is & shows with more viewers is where the money is. it’s not about how good the show is, it’s about the ratings. ABC Family shows that stay close enough to 2 million viewers CONSISTENTLY are usually safe. The Lying Game stayed close to 1.3 million a week. Therefore, it got cancelled.

Take the CW’s Supernatural. Dawn Ostroff (the old boss of the network) kept trying to cancel it to focus on other shows she felt was better for the network but ratings were too good. That meant money for the network. Season 8 and Supernatural is still ticking!! Shows don’t get cancelled to focus on other shows if their ratings are up.

Maddie @ 5:17 pm on 07/15/2013

Seriously wth the ratings were actually fine and as i recall at the time of season 2 airings they said it was the number 2 show after pretty little liars! They should do what they did with Make it Or Break It and finish it off with season 3 (10 final episodes) especially because they kinda of left it at a cliffhanger! Lets do a petition and hope they agree just like Make It or Break It!

Anisha @ 10:08 pm on 07/15/2013

They still shouldn’t have cancelled The Lying Game because if you look at Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy’s rating they suck so bad and as each week passed it kept going down and they hardly make it to the million mark this season whereas The Lying Game never went under one million views. I don’t understand why they would promote PLL like crazy, i would see advertisements on every website!! & their would be absolutely nothing for TLG. PLL is still pathetic and they still won’t tell us half of the answers to the secrets on the show. I literally can’t believe they did that. I am 100% done with ABC Family.

Alex @ 10:17 pm on 07/15/2013

Well now the only show on ABCFamily worth watching is Switched at Birth. None of their new shows seem interesting so hopefully they might bring a last season of TLG or a Chole King movie.

Catherine @ 10:25 pm on 07/15/2013

WHUUUUUT WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME… Favorite show on ABC Family!!! They definitely deserve another season AT LEAST to tie up all the ends…

Sam @ 11:21 pm on 07/15/2013

ABC Family continues to lose viewers. The Lying Game was one of the better series on the network along with Jane By Design. The network continues to disappoint me and The Secret Life of The American Teenager was a great series that was ruined by poor writing towards the middle/end. I hope Pretty Little Liars and Switched At Birth keep their ratings up and ABC Fam won’t end up cancelling them too.

Courtney @ 11:34 pm on 07/15/2013

I cannot believe you guys cancelled the lying game on us its so messed up that you ABC family are going to ruin such a great show by ending it and the fact that you ended it the way you did is so wrong you could’ve at leastgive us closer there is one thing I can promise I will never watch any new series that come on ABC family ever again why get people so involved to just cancel. Besides the shows I already watch switched at birth and pretty little liars I truly will never watch ABC family and I will spread the word to everyone I know telling them to also boycott ABC family you shouldn’t do that to such dedicated fans there Is no reason why you can’t do one more season and tie up all loose ends I don’t even want to watch switched at birth anymore cause Blair Redford belongs on lying game as Ethan not switched at birth I am truly forever disappointed in ABC family which was my most watched station but def not anymore it is so wrong how you do fans you want us for ratings and to watch your shows and the. You turn around and don’t even attempt to give back to the fans if it wasn’t for the fans you wouldn’t have anything so why treat fans that way by not even doing a proper ending lying game got amazing ratings but yet you keep less popular shows on longer its ridiculous.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ 11:44 pm on 07/15/2013

WHY ABC. I CAN’T I LOVE THIS SHOW. :’((((((((((((((((( I CAN’T JUST CAN’T

Courtney @ 11:46 pm on 07/15/2013

Twisted and the fosters is so stupid the lying game is a million times Vetter than those shows and the cast is def better the lying fame had the best cast with such great chemistry I cannot believe this ABC family reallydoes need to get rid of the people making these stupid decisions or or you will end up with barely any viewers and one of those channels that people only put on when there is nothing else to watch if pretty little.liars ever gets cancelled or any of the main characters get cut off you will def be in big trouble with ratings. I hope and pray a different channel decides to take up the lying game and I wish pretty little liars also honeslty any other writers that produce such amazing shows like that like pretty little liars and the lying game I suggest they go to a different channel like cw at least the cw knows how to keep shows on for years to come.like one tree hill cause they don’t cancel shows people like so hopefully all future shows that are really worth watching will never go to ABC family cause they will just screw ur show over to put on crappy New series apparently ratings.and fans don’t.matter to ABC family which is completely wrong where would anyone be without.us fans

Kathy @ 12:26 am on 07/16/2013

abcfamily sucks
they keep creating more shows that they will eventually cancel as well
they dont even give us a proper ending they always leave us hanging
i have seen too many shows get cancelled and they dont give us any closure
after pretty little liars im never watching abcfamily again
and the lyinggame had great ratings more than most shows

An Australian Tlg fan @ 1:11 am on 07/16/2013

I loved the Lying Game in the first season, however, I got lost in the second. The writers of the show really needed 10 more episodes to finish the series off, but with the ratings of Twisted, it was hard to compete with. However, I do believe that ABC Family should finish a series off (with more than 2 seasons) before making a new series, especially with this show and Jane by Design. It loses viewers and makes them angry.

-An Australian TLG fan

Joey k @ 9:10 am on 07/16/2013

Am shocked. Hoped the mystery would have been solved.

Mary @ 1:42 pm on 07/16/2013

they should have let it stay on air. its a goood show

Morgan @ 6:31 pm on 07/16/2013

REALLY? that sucks! Can they atleast tell us how it might end?
Of course they cancel my favourite show EVER! >:’(

Bo @ 6:54 pm on 07/16/2013

This is my last straw for ABC Family. First my beloved Jane By Design which was nothing but wholesome, hilarious, and beautiful. NOW my own cousins show. I have lost all hope that all ABC Family wants to promote to us teens that sex, scandals and lies are what we need to be fed with. Not following your dreams like Jane By Design. Alex is my cousin and its heartbreaking that I won’t be seeing her on my television anymore. Not to mention a poor ending. Emma and Ethan forever….

Roxanne @ 9:50 pm on 07/16/2013

WTF! WHY?! I love this show! I even stopped watching Pretty Little Liars because its annoying with all these riddles after another. The Lying Game is one of my favorite show! WHY?! Can’t you atleast do it as a web episodes? GOSH ABC IS ANNOYING!!!!

michaela @ 10:20 pm on 07/16/2013

Maddie-Yes they totally should do a season 3 like they did for Make it or Break it. But honestly I didn’t like the way MIOBI ended, we didn’t even get to see them to to the olympics:( The Lying Game didn’t deserve to be cancelled! I hope whoever is in charge of renewing it sees how P.O.’d the fans are make a season 3!

Pages: [1] 2 »