Tyler Hoechlin Set to Star as Batman in 'Man of Steel' Sequel?

Tyler Hoechlin Set to Star as Batman in 'Man of Steel' Sequel?

Tyler Hoechlin is reportedly in talks to star as Batman!

According to Cosmic Book News, the 25-year-old Teen Wolf star will be screen-testing with Henry Cavill, who played Superman in Man of Steel.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder revealed at 2013 San Diego Comic Con that the new Batman will be a part of the sequel to Man of Steel.

Production on the film is set to begin in early 2014, with a slated 2015 release.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Tyler potentially playing Batman?

Credit: Jag Gundu; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Casting, Tyler Hoechlin

ab @ 10:55 am on 07/24/2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF????

Tnan @ 10:57 am on 07/24/2013

Um, who the **** is this guy??

Ashley @ 10:57 am on 07/24/2013

So long as it doesn’t interrupt Teen Wolf’s filming, I’m super happy. Anyone’s better than Bale. Could not stand his weird voice.

Becca @ 11:12 am on 07/24/2013

WOOOOOOOOO! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thought of this makes me so thrilled. Tyler deserves a roll like this because he is an amazing actor. Fingers crossed this is true. I will definitely go see the movie if this is true.

The alpha wolf @ 11:20 am on 07/24/2013

I hope Tyler gets it! He would suit as Batman! Finally he is getting bigger promotions which will help Teen Wolf’s fame!

mxxm @ 11:20 am on 07/24/2013

i don’t see batman in him but he might prove me wrong. he is a good actor though.

Yaknow @ 11:36 am on 07/24/2013

@Tnan:

Um, most people didn’t know who Henry Cavill was before Superman.

catnip @ 1:36 pm on 07/24/2013

NO. DID U HEAR ME TEEN WOLF PR? N-O. NOT IN A MILLION YEARS, JUST NOOOOOOOOOO!

JESSICA @ 1:59 pm on 07/24/2013

IM CRYEING

nadia @ 3:57 pm on 07/24/2013

As a comic book nerd, I think that Tyler has too young of a face to play Batman. We need someone like Matt Bomer for this role.

sv18 @ 3:59 pm on 07/24/2013

YES PLEASE!!

Vassiliki @ 6:22 pm on 07/24/2013

Not the right character at all. Bale should reprise his role.

Melanie @ 11:23 pm on 07/24/2013

I don’t really know that much about Tyler but he doesn’t seem like batman material. But ya know who’d be a great batman? Logan Henderson, he’s a great actor and is in great shape so he could handle the stunts.

nadine @ 1:35 am on 07/25/2013

I knew who Henry Cavill was LONG before MOS. I watched the Tudors. He basically stole that show.

groucho @ 5:28 am on 07/25/2013

@Melanie: Naahhhh. Batman > Big Time Rush

Louisa @ 5:43 pm on 07/25/2013

Love him!! Love Batman. Perfect combo

aggie11 @ 8:18 pm on 07/25/2013

Not a chance. Batman can only stand a chance w/ Superman because he has been around a while and uses his ingenuity. They should definitely not use this guy. He is too young and does not have the look. A Bradley Cooper or Joel Edgerton have the advantage in age over Cavill and are young enough to carry a franchise for 10 or so years.

Remember, Batman is the senior member of the Justice League (announced for 2017). I am guessing this kid got a call because some WB exec’s kid likes him and Tyler’s publicist is doing a great job at running with it. It will be someone mid-30s to early-40s who gets cast. Bank on it.

David @ 6:02 pm on 07/26/2013

I think he looks the part…but I’m not a Teen Wolf fan so I don’t know him. Assuming I where to watch this show I’d probably be against him being Batman cause everyone’s gripe seems to be “not the Teen Wolf guy”. I can see him in a dark role but is probably hard for Teen Wolf viewers to do so. i don’t know but he looks the part. I hate some of the other ideas floating around…no blondes as Batman first of all..and no extremely well-knowns. The darker, the grimmer the stranger, the better in my opinion.

Stephanie @ 6:05 am on 07/27/2013

When it comes for him and his career, I hope he gets the role, seeing as it could really make a name for him. However, I don’t think he fits the role of Bruce Wayne. Not necessarily because he’s too young, though he might just be, but when I look at him, I just can’t see Bruce Wayne. Also, I’m still hoping that the whole ‘Batman will be in the Man of Steel sequel’ announcement is a hoax. I can assure you that there are a whole lot of comic book fans who do not want that to happen.

Twinks @ 2:05 pm on 07/28/2013

There ain’t Batman without Bale

thats so wizzard @ 8:49 pm on 08/02/2013

I think he would be great for the role. especially because he’s young I think if the cast a guy in his mid 30′s then he’ll play batman twice then say that he’s getting to old for the role. even if an actor that’s in his 30′s currently by the time they make this movie and a justice league he’d be in his 40′s and nobody wants a 40 year old batman. especially for Bruce Wayne who spent his whole life wanting to fight crime why would he wait til his 30′s. in the comics batman’s always young.

Adrienne @ 3:27 pm on 08/09/2013

@Twinks
Actually, there was batman 70 years before Bale.

Davelle @ 12:06 pm on 03/29/2014

Tyler Hoechlin would make an excellent Batman.. he has the look, and more importantly the acting chops.. This guy cut his acting teeth in the film Road to Perdition right next to Tom Hanks and held his ground and even stole a lot of scenes with him and he was only 14 at the time… He also is very athletic and does a lot of his own stunts and I would buy a whole lot of movie tickets to see him play this role… and I know a lot of other people would too