'Shake It Up' Wrapping Production; To End After Current Season

'Shake It Up' Wrapping Production; To End After Current Season

Sad news!

Shake It Up is ending it’s run after 78 episodes, Deadline reports.

The show is rounding out it’s final episodes over the summer and early fall.

But this isn’t the last we’ll see of the cast — Zendaya has inked a deal for a TV movie based on the book “Boys Are Dogs”, which is set to go into production in August plus her debut album from Hollywood Records which drops in September.

Bella Thorne, who just booked a major role in a horror film, also has a Hollywood Records deal.

WHAT DO YOU THINK about Shake It Up ending?

Photos: Disney Channel
Posted to: Shake It Up

nicole @ 7:50 pm on 07/25/2013

I’ve been expecting this news for forever!! The show has been on for a long time, and Disney is filming a bunch of new shows.

katie @ 7:52 pm on 07/25/2013

Finally! I am happy for Zendaya but Bella needs to settle down with her cockiness. I am not saying this out of jealousy because of course I will admittingly say that I would love to have a starring role on a Disney show, but through knowing what Bella is like personally, the way she is is just an act. She is extremely fake and many of her “friends” have let her know so!

Jereomy @ 9:37 pm on 07/25/2013

It sucks. The only left to watch will be the made for tv movies. They could’ve gone another 2 seasons. I’ll never understand why they cancel great shows with great ratings. Pure stupidity.

Faith @ 11:24 pm on 07/25/2013

Nooooooo!!!!!!!! My sister and I love Shake It Up!!!!! :(

jonie @ 11:49 pm on 07/25/2013

@katie: yeah right katie..u don’t know her because she is one of the most real and sweetest person ever. notice she was the only one to tweet a thank u for her fans. plus she is going to have huge movies so i am really happy for her to be off of shake it up. i’m happy for zendaya too. i can’t wait to hear her music. disney lost their best.

nicole @ 11:18 am on 07/26/2013

@katie: Really? What is Bella like in real life?

ana @ 11:20 am on 07/26/2013

@jonie: You can’t call her the sweetest person ever when you don’t even know her. For all you know, it could just be an act. And she is a pretty bad actress, by the way. I see Zendaya being much more successful.

claudia @ 12:41 pm on 07/26/2013

i saw this one coming. i see zendaya doing pretty well since she has a lot to fall back on. she can dance amazingly, sing (ive heard her and i was like damn) and she is really funny and can act. she is a triple threat for real and its rare that you can get all three in one and equally good.

carolina @ 4:43 pm on 07/26/2013

whatever but 78 episodes that’s not much!!! Good Luck Charlie is way better and has 100 episodes!!! Shake It Up didn´t last forever whatever!

sherry @ 5:54 pm on 07/26/2013

Nooooo! This is my favorite show!

brooke @ 5:55 pm on 07/26/2013

Why? They should totally do more episodes!

hUNTER HAINAN @ 9:42 pm on 07/26/2013

I Will Miss Shake It Up.

Maria @ 11:52 pm on 07/26/2013

@carolina:

LOL @ Good Luck Charlie being way better. That’s your opinion. I think Shake it Up is WAYYY better than GLC. WAYYY more entertaining! GLC is too boring. I’m surprised it made it to 100 episodes…

Chris @ 1:10 am on 07/27/2013

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo PLEASE DONT END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaelie @ 10:02 am on 07/27/2013

@nicole:
exactly!!! i could tell it was coming to an end, the episodes don’t really make sense anymore… no hate though, #justsayin. it was a good show

Madalina @ 12:50 pm on 07/27/2013

It was supposed to end but it would be nice to make another serial with Zendaya and Bella because it fit very well.

elizabeth @ 7:37 pm on 07/27/2013

THIS SHOW SUCKS. THANK GOD IT’S ENDING. IT IS OBNOXIOUS WITH TERRIBLE ACTORS AND MEDIOCRE DANCING AND MUSIC. NOT FUNNY AT ALL. I WISH DISNEY WOULD REALIZE HOW HORRIBLE THESE SHOWS ARE.

HAHA @ 2:32 am on 07/28/2013

not gonna miss the show, gonna miss the dance routines and definitely going to miss the soundtracks especially.

lainey @ 4:37 pm on 07/29/2013

I’ll miss shake it up! I really like it but it was getting a little boring and way to many reruns.

dina @ 12:18 am on 08/01/2013

i love this show and the girls. i am sad. i am very happy though that miss bella keeps getting more and more films. she is my favorite.

rachel @ 11:45 am on 08/05/2013

i dont think it will end it could just be a huge lie to get you mad but who knows if its true or not

Renesmee @ 6:10 pm on 02/07/2014

OMG!! This can’t happen shake it up is really good I mean alot of ppl watched it you can’t jus end it you hv to carry it on pls shake it up come bk all the other shows are so dumb liv and maddie good luck Charlie ant farm is soooo dumb I kind of like Jessie but not dat much as I like shake it up u can’t do dat zendaya bella come bk pls. Don’t end the show!! I mean Austin and ally which I hate but they had a finale but they came bk ugh! Hate that so much but look don’t jus leave it like dat