Selena Gomez: 'Getaway' Stills!

Selena Gomez: 'Getaway' Stills!

Selena Gomez huddles close to Ethan Hawke in this new still from Getaway.

Getaway follows former race car driver Brent Magna (Hawke) who is pitted against the clock.

Desperately trying to save the life of his kidnapped wife, Brent commandeers a custom Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake, taking it and its unwitting owner (Gomez) on a high-speed race against time, at the command of the mysterious villain holding his wife hostage.

“Excited to chat w/you all on Wed @ 12:30pm ET about my new movie, @Getaway! Tweet me your questions using #Getaway!” Selena wrote on Twitter, reminding her fans about the chat.

Getaway opens Friday, August 30th. 10+ pics inside…

Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 01
Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 02
Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 03
Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 04
Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 05
Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 06
Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 07
Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 08
Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 09
Selena-getaway selena gomez getaway stills 10

Credit: Simon Versano; Photos: Warner Brothers
Posted to: Selena Gomez

claudia @ 3:20 pm on 08/19/2013

it comes out the same day as 1directions movie oh jeez i dunno how its going to do. 1direction has way more fans heck i might even watch it they seem fun and funny. getaway seems like another cliche action movie: mans wife is kidnapped, he drives everywhere with little instructions, and a handy sidekick.

Asha @ 4:24 pm on 08/19/2013

I’d go to see this rather than 1D’s silly ‘money making venture’.

claudia @ 4:51 pm on 08/19/2013

@Asha: but how many pre teens are gonna think like you? dont worry not a personal dig but a lot of kids are gonna see 1d i mean they are like a band version of justin bieber. selenas tour isnt even doing as well as people think. only 3/58 areas sold out which is very low for someone who receives a lot of media attention and is a previous disney star. lets just hope that she does well in acting

Erika @ 5:42 pm on 08/19/2013

Selena is so amazing :)

javi @ 6:05 pm on 08/19/2013

@claudia: in a way you are right but the 1D movie is a concert movie the getaway is an action film i think the id movie would make like 20-30 million the getaway could make like 25 or more depends on how much warner bros have promote the movie. and the getaway is for a different audience also if you are an ethan hawk fan you should see this movie.

Fuzzy @ 8:06 pm on 08/19/2013

Can’t wait to see “The Getaway”! Yay

ANNIE @ 5:47 am on 08/20/2013

@claudia: you are about to die from being jealous of talented Selena .people like you will reach nowhere

Steph @ 10:01 am on 08/20/2013

A Selena Gomez movie or 1Direction movie….laughing so hard right now at this inane debate.

august @ 10:23 am on 08/20/2013

id rather watch this than one direction any day.

claudia @ 11:13 am on 08/20/2013

@ANNIE: wow wishing me death on someone I ACTUALLY LIKE. whats wrong with u people. im not even jealous of selena she seems cool but its wrong to wish death on someone. i just pointed out that it may clash with the 1d movie. but i wish her the best

claudia @ 11:16 am on 08/20/2013

@ANNIE: and people like me reach nowhere? how is that even a valid point? you dont even know me and i dont know you. you cant measure happiness with money and fame my dear

evelin egalo @ 2:52 pm on 08/20/2013

og my god

evelin egalo @ 2:52 pm on 08/20/2013

oh my god

Anonymous Guy08 @ 5:15 pm on 08/20/2013

Steve McQueen & Ali McGraw, Alec Baldwin & Kim Basinger, or Ethan Hawke & Selena Gomez — You decide.

Annie @ 4:23 am on 08/21/2013

@claudia: I never ever wish you death .I am not your enemy or psyco It seems that you misunderstood ,Anyway I apologize from you and I hope you accept my apology because I really didn’t mean anything bad for you

claudia @ 8:14 am on 08/23/2013

@Annie: i accept your apology but this is not the first time you have misunderstood what i’ve said and taken it into a different context about selena causing you to get really upset with me. i think you need to think about how you word your sentences because to me, there is no other way to take “you are about to die from being jealous of talented Selena .people like you will reach nowhere” as anything but rudeness.

Annie @ 12:06 pm on 08/23/2013

@claudia: ok I wont comment again anywhere on anything its the best way