Miley Cyrus: MTV VMAs 2013 Performance of 'We Can't Stop' - WATCH NOW!

Miley Cyrus: MTV VMAs 2013 Performance of 'We Can't Stop' - WATCH NOW!

Miley Cyrus wears a bear swimsuit on stage at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards held at the Barclays Center on Sunday (August 25) in Brooklyn, N.Y.

The 20-year-old singer hit the stage to perform her new song “We Can’t Stop” before teaming up with Robin Thicke on “Blurred Lines”.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Miley Cyrus

In case you missed it, be sure to check out Miley‘s red carpet look from earlier in the evening.

Check out the full performance at JustJared.com

Credit: Neilson Barnard; Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2013 MTV VMAs, Miley Cyrus

Pages: [1] 2 »
Susan @ 10:38 pm on 08/25/2013

What does she think she has to prove? That she’s a freak? smh Daddies proud….

Maddie @ 10:54 pm on 08/25/2013

@Susan:

I know right! She looked horrible, sounded bad and danced like a ******! I swear the way she was dancing and then taking off her clothes it was like she thought she was at a strip club doing a show!
And the fact that her mum stood up after her performance and clapped shows how messed up her family is!
Obviously her mother would be proud runs in the family mum a **** and daughters are *****!

Maddie @ 10:56 pm on 08/25/2013

@Susan:

REWRITING COMMENT BECAUSE OF *

I know right! She looked horrible, sounded bad and danced like a ret*rd! I swear the way she was dancing and then taking off her clothes it was like she thought she was at a strip club doing a show!
Obviously her mother would be proud runs in the family mum a sl*t and daughters are sl*ts!

javi @ 11:10 pm on 08/25/2013

ok nothing that anyone have seen before. gaga does the same shock and aw on every performance i was specting something original you know its the vma’s

Joeanny @ 11:41 pm on 08/25/2013

Omg, I really think she is a beautiful woman, but this performance was complete trash, and believe me I’m not a hater but I have a younger brother who thinks miley is cool, and he is young and wreck less too . I can’t take her anymore. Where are her parents to straighten her out?

good-one @ 3:19 am on 08/26/2013

Sure it’s a guess, but Miley’s performance seemed droll burlesque; a parody, a caricature. It appeared in stark contrast to Shailene Woodley’s teaser commercial for her coming young adult sci-fi dystopian picture, Divergent, where to be different, risks life itself.

Thank our lucky stars that artists still have freedom to push the envelope, creating their art.

Miley’s skin-tone two-piece body-cover was latex, not spandex, (supposed to be skin?), perhaps even suggesting it was maybe cleverly costumely alluding to Gillette Venus’ modern social media tie-in to the VMAs:

ZAid @ 7:12 am on 08/26/2013

****!

stella @ 7:33 am on 08/26/2013

MILEY YOUR PERFORMANCE WAS OUTRAGEOUS! It was so so vulgar! Not to mention the grinding in your underwear. I know you “Can’t Stop” but pleasee stoooop. Don’t get me wrong, i was one of your fans. But i kinda lost my respect for u.

Srishti @ 8:20 am on 08/26/2013

I am ashamed to admit that I used to be A DIE HARD FAN of this girl…i cannot connect to her anymore.

Summer @ 8:40 am on 08/26/2013

OMG What is happening to her !! I don’t want to hate her because I really do like her …. What would Liam say after this o.O

Summer @ 8:41 am on 08/26/2013

@Srishti:
She has changed

jieuhhuairka @ 8:44 am on 08/26/2013

ANGY MCCOY il y a 2 minutes

I heard people say that LGs performance was as embarrassing as Miley’s.

I think LGs was absolutely appropriate, regarding the “character”,? her previous shows, etc. Shes 27, she is a woman who knows what she does, and her performance last night wasnt shocking at all. For a come back I think it was great.

MCs performance was just VULGAR, we never saw LG doing all that stripper things, sticking out her tongue like a sl*t. Dont you agree with that ? OKAY we get it, MC is not Disney anymore, but all that moves,? it was so innapropriate. Im almost 22, and I think that if I had seen this with my parents, I would have been SO embarrassed.

Apologies if i made mistakes, i’m french.

Spiderman @ 9:11 am on 08/26/2013

cant say I am a fan of gaga but I do understand her antics and attempt at artistic expression and even to certain extent appreciate it, but Miley is… just how do I say it… tacky? all over the place and disorganized? this is a horrible performance, one she should be really embarrassed about. I mean whats she really trying to prove? that she really really really does lack talent? because really proves it.

lillian @ 10:30 am on 08/26/2013

Ok, I don’t care how she dresses. Frankly, is a common thing to go almost naked on stage now days. But the way she acted and the way she moved was pathetic and disgusting. Gaga was almost naked on that stage too, but the difference is abysmal.

I don’t know what is wrong with her lately, but someone needs to tell her to stop and think. She didn’t even sounded good. And i have seen her sing live before and she might not be the best one out there, but at least she sounded good.

At this rate she is going to end like Britney before she turns 25, and the sad thing is that I don’t think she is going to be able to come back up like Britney did.

Come on Miley! Snap out of it girl!!

Isn’t there anyone, in her family or friends that tell here she is doing all wrong? No one?

amna @ 11:23 am on 08/26/2013

whats wrong with you miley,fame has changed her so much,i don’t like her now….

Erika @ 1:40 pm on 08/26/2013

She’s just being Miley…. she grew up, people get over it!

Janire @ 2:10 pm on 08/26/2013

So being Miley is to have a sl*tty attitude? She can act sexy and spcy but it was embarrasing to see, she went far trying too hard to be a non-Disney girl anymore.
Liam Hemsworth… are you ok? xD

tia @ 3:28 pm on 08/26/2013

Enough with the negative comments I have seen way worst leave her alone and stop spreading hate live your owns lives and stop minding peoples business. There is enough hate in the world already stop adding to it.

---- @ 3:41 pm on 08/26/2013

Miley Cyrus stimulating anal sex with the singer is not normal.

wow @ 3:54 pm on 08/26/2013

Some pretty nasty comments & judgements here – people should not be so shocked at an almost 21 year old at the VMA’s no less giving her performance. I bet alot of you have some things you have done at that age that would make Miley look tame so get off your judgement horses people & get over it!

amy @ 3:56 pm on 08/26/2013

Of all the celebs commenting on Miley at the VMA’s I find the “shock” that Brooke Shields spoke of the most amusing and most insincere – this shock coming from the then 15 year old bare chested and almost naked Brooke shields herself in the film The Blue Lagoon & then also again as the teenage Calvin Klein model posing very sensually and stating “nothing comes between me & my Calvin’s” – what a buffoon she is and Brooke should be ashamed of herself for adding fuel to the fire about Miley when Brooke is such a hypocrite. She should go explain her nudity at age 15 to her 2 kids and leave Miley who is almost 21 years old alone!

Tiffany @ 4:23 pm on 08/26/2013

@Erika: Growing up doesn’t mean dressing provocatively and doing vulgar moves. It’s the opposite, actually. Growing up is having class and maturity. She has neither.

Jason @ 4:26 pm on 08/26/2013

@Erika: This isn’t “grown up”. This is a child trying to act older, but just looking like a fool.

Grown-ups don’t sing about drugs like they’re proud of taking them. Not in this day and age, and not after all of the deaths involved with drugs in the music industry.

Miley can be Miley, but she’s not… she’s out to prove something. I guess she really hates the big break Disney gave her. Jerks. How dare they jumpstart her career like that.

Em @ 4:32 pm on 08/26/2013

There’s tasteful nudity… doing it for the sake of art…but the way she goes about it is not tasteful- it’s just vulgar. For the people commenting ” she just grew up” – that’s all fine.. It’s ok to try to be sexy, mature, even baring skin for a movie ( that has artistic purposes) – but her antics just make her look more immature. Also, yes, 20 something’s can get pretty bad at a club… But the point is that it’s not advertised on national TV for people and fans to see. It’s fine to get raunchy at a club.. Thats part of the scene… But to do that in front of The VMAs where it’s about music and artistic expression is such an insult. There’s a time and place and grinding up an older guy on national TV is NOT it.

---- @ 5:41 pm on 08/26/2013

Being in your 20′s nowadays isn’t compared to 30+ years ago. Twentysomethings in the 21st century are still acting like teenagers, because of technology.

Pages: [1] 2 »