Demi Lovato on Glee Role: 'I'm Honored'

Demi Lovato on Glee Role: 'I'm Honored'

Demi Lovato keeps her face hidden from the cameras as she arrives back at LAX airport in Los Angeles on Tuesday night (September 3).

The 21-year-old singer recently chatted with Ryan Seacrest about her upcoming role as Santana’s (Naya Rivera) new love interest on Glee.

“It’s been awesome. We had our first episode togther this last week and…I’m good friends with a lot of the cast members already, so it was like walking into a giant hang-out,” she shared.

Demi added, “I don’t want people to take from this, ‘Oh my god, Demi is kissing a girl.’ I want people to take from it this is actually an incredible step in our generation today where I’m able to play a young lesbian on primetime TV…I’m honored to be able to be hopefully inspiring people with my character to be who they are and not be afraid of it or ashamed.”

Demi-lesbian demi lovato talks playing lesbian glee 01
Demi-lesbian demi lovato talks playing lesbian glee 02
Demi-lesbian demi lovato talks playing lesbian glee 03
Demi-lesbian demi lovato talks playing lesbian glee 04
Demi-lesbian demi lovato talks playing lesbian glee 05

Credit: David Russell, Sellebrity RICK; Photos: SplashNewsOnline, ABC
Posted to: Demi Lovato

l @ 3:05 pm on 09/04/2013

QUEEN DEMETRIA SLAYING EVERYONES HEART & SOUL SINCE 92′!

Jason @ 4:12 pm on 09/04/2013

Hmmmm… the last time Demi was on a regular tv series, she bailed on the cast and crew after they waited for her to get out of rehab. I seem to recall her saying that she couldn’t take the pressure of working on a series.

Way to do a complete 180, Demi. You’re a role model for us all.

Maddie @ 6:40 pm on 09/04/2013

Congrats to her i’m happy for her but i find it funny they chose her when she isn’t the best actress.
Its funny because people use to say Selena Gomez is the best actress, Demi is the best singer and Miley is the entertainer!

Maddie @ 6:41 pm on 09/04/2013

I guess Glee is more about the singing then the acting so it does kind of work out!

tyyyyyy @ 7:21 am on 09/05/2013

She’s going to be great on Glee, can’t wait

wha?? @ 12:17 pm on 09/05/2013

What happened to her? Why is she so fat?