Jennette McCurdy's Mom Passes Away

Jennette McCurdy's Mom Passes Away

Sending prayers to Jennette McCurdy and her family — her mom, Debra, has passed away.

Sources confirm to JustJaredJr.com that Debra passed away early Friday morning (September 20).

According to TMZ, who first reported the news, Debra has been battling breast cancer for close to 17 years and was in remission before it returned in 2010.

“My mother, the constant optimist and effervescent, sprightly woman I know her to be, is caged along with this hideous beast they call cancer,” Jennette wrote in a piece about cancer.

Credit: Jason Merritt; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Jennette McCurdy

MIKE @ 9:01 pm on 09/20/2013

Love and support goes out to Jennette McCurdy and her family.
I lost my Dad to cancer 3 years ago! I hate cancer it SUCKS!

claudia @ 7:13 am on 09/21/2013

my friend lost his mother to cancer and she had been fighting for years. she was like the coolest and happiest person so i feel sorry for all those who lose their parents to this.

maria @ 9:25 am on 09/21/2013

send my prayer to the family of jennette.

Taylor @ 4:23 pm on 09/21/2013

Sending Jennette McCurdy all the love and support there is! I had a friend who passed away from cancer. Jennette..you and your family are in my prayers. Hope things get better soon.

Elizabeth @ 4:42 pm on 09/21/2013

Be strong Jennette keep the faith continue what you do best,and continue making her proud and she’s always there in your #heart she love’s you 100%

Elizabeth @ 4:44 pm on 09/21/2013

Be strong jennette and keep the faoith where ever you go she’s always there in your heart she loves you 100%…..Continue doing what you do best she’s proud of you right now…

maria @ 5:35 pm on 09/21/2013

STAY STRONG THE MCCURDY’S FAMILY….

keN @ 9:31 pm on 09/21/2013

. . . . Her Spirit will Bless you and guide you,, Forever.
Be Fierce and continue the epic journey of ‘Team McCurdy’.
She showed you the way,, and it’s NOT over. ..godspeedMcCurdy’s

dancegirl260 @ 9:55 pm on 09/21/2013

I praying for you Jennette since you are one of my inspirations when I watched iCarly and now Sam and Cat on Nick I want you to know that even though ur famous and all, you are still cared for! Love ya! #love #jennettemccurdy #love #respect #loveonespass #pass #prayforpass