Jared Padalecki & Jensen Ackles: 'Supernatural' Season 9 Poster & Premiere Stills!

Check out a new poster and episode stills from the season nine premiere of Supernatural!

In “I Think I’m Gonna Like It Here,” Dean (Jensen Ackles) is frantic after Sam (Jared Padalecki) collapses and the doctor tells Dean his brother won’t make it.

Desperate, Dean sends out an all points bulletin via prayer to every angel in the area, asking them to help his brother. In exchange, Dean will owe that angel a favor. Numerous angry angels race to find and kill Dean, but one, Ezekiel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett), gets to him first.

Meanwhile, Sam fights for his life and must face some familiar demons to do so. Castiel (Misha Collins) struggles to survive without powers.

Supernatural season nine premieres on Tuesday, Oct. 8 @ 9PM on The CW.

Jared Padalecki Season 9 Interview

Spn-poster jared padalecki jensen ackles season 9 poster premiere pics 10
Spn-poster jared padalecki jensen ackles season 9 poster premiere pics 11
Spn-poster jared padalecki jensen ackles season 9 poster premiere pics 12

Photos: The CW
Posted to: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Supernatural

JJ THE EXPAT @ 1:19 pm on 09/24/2013

I was a huge fan of the show and although it’s not the hit it once was I will remain a loyal viewer till the end.

Jennay @ 1:46 pm on 09/24/2013

YASSSSS i literally cannot wait !!!

Lisbetha @ 8:27 pm on 09/24/2013

I can’t believe this show is still on. They cut awesome shows like Dexter and True Blood off but this crap goes on and on and on? Supernatural has the ratings of, well, nothing.

RosiG @ 10:50 pm on 09/24/2013

Actually, SPN’s ratings this last year were better than usual. I gave up on it tho when it became clear Jensen was an Evangelical Republican homophobe. It’s sad because I always fantasized that Jensen was a lot like Dean. Turns out he’s nothing like him. I wish I didn’t know that. :(

Ines @ 11:03 pm on 09/24/2013

@RosiG: Where’d you hear this from???

destielx @ 10:00 am on 09/25/2013

@Lisbetha: um screw you too

Stacy @ 10:52 am on 09/25/2013

Everyone knows that Jensen is a Republican! Until he moved you could see it on the LA Voter’s site. It was public information. You could enter his dob, his zip code and it showed up clear as day. I’m a Conservative and damn proud of it! I just wish Jensen would just come out and say that he is against gay marriage. It’s obvious that he is. More Hollywood Conservatives just need to admit they are Republican so the LIBTARDS will get out!!!

Frienemie @ 12:06 pm on 09/25/2013

I love SuperNatural, it gets better, funnier, darker every season Long may it reign, cos its too good to be dropped, ever. =)

Steve @ 2:21 pm on 09/25/2013

Stupid show with AWFUL actors and writers.

Nimi @ 4:41 pm on 09/25/2013

Is this show still on?? Ohh my I thought it was gone a long time ago

deb @ 8:37 pm on 09/25/2013

Supernatural is undoubtedly one of the best shows on television; best writing and with an amazingly talented cast. It is heads and tails above every other show in the same genre. It wins awards; pulls in an audience; has a loyal fan base. By the way, it is a mystery to me why people who claim to ‘hate’ this show are even reading this article, no less bothering to comment upon the show. To simply see their name in print?

thpider @ 8:51 pm on 09/25/2013

I’ll never understand the mindset of people who deliberately click on an article of a show they hate, just to say they hate it.
So much butthurt

Personally I cannot wait for season 9. Bring it on and long may supernatural reign!

thpider @ 8:52 pm on 09/25/2013

@RosiG:

uhm…where did you hear this?

Lalalalalala @ 9:05 pm on 09/25/2013

Congratulations you managed to make a few of my friends laugh extremely hard at your rude and rather immature comments. Please get off articles that are about this show and go bother another one.
S9 is happening and s9 is going to be an exciting season. You can’t handle it, there’s this brand new button on a TV remote. It’s called a channel changer. Scientists just discovered it. It’s gonna be a big hit.

Lisa @ 9:42 pm on 09/25/2013

While I haven’t been excited (to put it lightly) about a lot of the news that I’ve heard so far about what is going to happen on Season 9 of Supernatural and the latest casting news has me not even excited for the new season anymore, I do still love the show, love the characters, and most especially love the actors. Jensen, Jared, and Misha are all three amazing men and I’m so happy that this show introduced me to these terrific actors. And even as I’m so disappointed about Season 9 news that’s just been released, I do still love our writers too and think they are some of the best writers and nicest people you can find.

I just can’t imagine bothering to comment about the show if I didn’t still love it and hope that the things that I’m not looking forward to this season will get better. If the show starts to get to the point that I hate it, then I’d hope I could just gracefully let it go and move on to something that does make me happy instead of searching out articles about the show just to talk about how much I hate it. Of course, that’s just me. Other people can and do choose to act differently apparently.

Lamppu @ 2:54 am on 09/26/2013

Jensen is not a homophobe, darlings. Just because he’s not comfortable about talking Destiel(or so I’ve heard) doesn’t make him a homophobe.

If you don’t like this show, why are you commenting to this article, making fans of the show upset?

“If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

Shannon @ 1:52 pm on 09/26/2013

Is Jared also a republican? Being from Texas, I would suspect he is. I am too although it doesn’t really matter either way. To each his own. I’m just curious.

beth @ 3:16 pm on 09/26/2013

Jared in his own words is quite liberal actually.

Maya @ 5:59 pm on 09/26/2013

I can’t believe people are offended b/c Jensen is a Republican. So what? He’s a Republican, not a pedophile. He’s a Republican, not a rapist. He’s a Republican, not a serial killer. I am a Democrat: somebody alert the media!! Call SWAT and put out an APB! Find Sam & Dean, quick! I wish people were this passionate about things that actually matter like world hunger, pandemic diseases and global illiteracy/education. Face it: the fans who say he’s homophobic say this b/c he won’t discuss Destial and they are only upset b/c he won’t validate the fantasies they have in their heads about their ship. It’s a witch hunt of epic proportions as they search every nook and cranny and under every rock for Destial as proof that it exists. As far as I know, Jensen was raised in a very strict Christian home, and if you know anything about Christianity, you know that homosexuality is not advocated under any circumstance. Does anyone expect Jensen to change his religious views so that they match up with Destial fan ships? Just b/c you want it to be true, doesn’t mean it is. At the end of the day, its a TV show, people. A TV SHOW! Get over it. *getting down from her high horse now and going to re-watch seasons 1-8 of Supernatural* Mmmm, Dean flavored…

mARY @ 9:02 pm on 09/26/2013

@Lisbetha: If you don’t like the show, why did you read this article?

Kaite @ 7:39 pm on 07/25/2014

@Maya: Thank you Maya you have given me back a little hope for humanity. I hate how many celebrities or just average people are demonized for being a Republican. I don’t see anyone spewing hateful things at Jared for being liberal. And neither should they! It doesn’t matter what their political beliefs are. Are they good actors or not? The hypocrisy that I see from people calling for tolerance and then destroying anyone who disagrees with them is incredible. Incredible and horrifying.